Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Default Base Question

In trying to make a map from scratch I decided that I wanted to use my own image for the base. Now this may not be possible and my efforts my have been useless thus far, but here are the problems i have run into.

I designed my base so that it has the same top surface as the regular base (ie flat). I then tried to place the base in the game but on a layer behind my base so that the surfaces would line up. From there I figured out there was no way to make the original base not visible (please let me know if there is a way to change this). So I placed a background image between the image of my base and the original base all within the "game" view. This created the problem that the planes were then spawning behind the background image and therefore you couldn't see them.

So basically I want to know if there is a way to assign a different object as the "base." Or if there is a way to place the base on the "game" view but have it so it is not visible? Also, how does the game decide which layer the planes are in? Is it the same as the layer that the base is placed in? I was unclear in the editor how to control which layer the planes were actually going to be playing the game in.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Administrator

The planes go below the "Game" view -- but above any additional parallax views you create behind the "Game" view. As for replacing the base graphic--no, it's not currently possible, as you've correctly figured out

When I get a chance I'll add an option to customize the Base collision model and graphics -- until then there's not much you can do. I'm hoping to do some more work on the editor in about a month but no promises on an exact timeline.