Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:05 AM

Default "Mafia" game moderated by Loli

Greetings, this is Loli. I wanted to add some active fun into the forums, so here I present to you, the party game:

Mafia

This is a active participant game and all people are welcome to play, before the actual game begins. It involves strategy and team work. In a way, internet chess. I have reduced this game to a simplified state, so it is easier to manage.
  • Classes:
Mafia: The Mafia will be able to kill a townie, during each night phase. Mafia wins if all the townies are killed.
Doctor: The Doctor will be able to protect one person during the night phase. Works for the Town.
Cop: Each night phase, the cop will select a person to interview, and learn the identity of the person they investigated. Works for the Town.
Townie: The innocent people of the town, in the day phase, will vote as a group to kill one person. Town wins if they successfully kill all the Mafia.
  • How to play:

I shall be the Gamemaster of this event.

The Gamemaster shall distribute jobs based on the number of people. Once everyone has been assigned a job, the game shall begin.

First Step: The Day Phase

Everyone will then post into this thread and debate who should be killed. You will list that person and a reason to why they are voted. All jobs are included, but no one knows your identity so people with jobs, protect your secret. After a majority vote, the name listed the most shall be executed. The player will no longer be a participant and shall either come back for the next game or watch.

Second Step: The Night Phase
The Mafia shall talk amongst each other by PRIVATE MESSAGE, and discuss who they will kill, and then private message me their victim. Cop and Doctor will also Private Message me. Cop shall give me the name of who they want to investigate. Doctor shall tell me who they will save from being killed. All actions shall take place. The dead shall spectate the thread.

Third Step: Repeat until Town or Mafia wins.

Hope this makes sense.

I will take 8 - 10 people per game. You must be rather active on the boards to participate, first come first serve. Batter up.

PS. If you want this game to be more fun, stick to being suspicious.

Game One:
1 - Tyr
2 - Beagle
3 - Evil
4 - MONXY
5 - Eth
6 - Duck2Pwn
7 - KIO
8 - Mike
9 - Kuja
10 - Atomic

When you receive your role, you don't have to reply back. Unless you have a question.

Last edited by Loli.ta; 11-13-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:08 AM

I played this quite a lot with some friends in RL.
It can be really fun, except there were a lot more roles than the few you listed. This is indeed very simplified.

I want to play. ^^
Old 11-13-2009, 03:09 AM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

I love playing Mafia with cards, awesome game. But I've never played with any of these like, doctors or police occifers or nothin'. Sounds complicated.

Back in my day, we had mafias, and civilians, and that was spit! We didn't have any fancy wild cards.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:12 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

let's platy i'd love this game
Old 11-13-2009, 03:21 AM

I love this game, i am definitely in.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:26 AM

I'm in! Even though I have pretty much no idea how this works (yet).
Old 11-13-2009, 03:27 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

In; i love forum mafia
Old 11-13-2009, 04:02 AM

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME I love this game I want to play.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator

Imma play too
Old 11-13-2009, 04:15 AM

All roles have been distributed. Day phase shall begin now.

Players:
Tyr
Beagle
EvilArsenal
MONXY FIST
Eth
Duck Duck Pwn
Black (Massi)
Mikesol
Kuja900
AtomicPi

Day Phase: Everyone votes to kill someone, majority decides the death. If you are accused you may defend yourself, and your answers may change. Make sure you confirm a final answer, voting shall end when everyone has decided.

EDIT: Atomic and Kuja have joined. 10 is the maximum character limit, because I don't want to control like 20 people and make it a long game because one person doesn't talk back.

Last edited by Loli.ta; 11-13-2009 at 04:44 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:34 AM

omg i was so going to set this up myself in a few days but on a more epic scale, u beat me to it
Old 11-13-2009, 04:38 AM

Define your epic.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:38 AM

edit: nevermind, apparently I'm too late.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:49 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

TOWNSPEOPLE i must declare, as I evilarsenal, head of the colonial altitude association, we must see who is most worthy to kill. You see, tyr is of the canadian, so he provides diversity, beagle is a fun and loving character, evil is a active member of our community, monxy is a representative of the bourgeois, eth is a loopy, and duck duck pwn is an animal that makes our skies beautiful... black, is diversity

Mikesol, is a bomb runner.... AND he uses the government technology illegally to position himself back intime.

get rid of the hostility, and vote with me, FOR MIKESOL, THE MAN WHO SHOULD BE KILLED

agree with me townspeople!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli.ta View Post
Define your epic.
Teamliquid does this all the time, going to borrow their rules and just ramp up the amount of players to like 40ish.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
Teamliquid does this all the time, going to borrow their rules and just ramp up the amount of players to like 40ish.
Can we even get 40 active participants on this site? o_o Btw, I added you into this. If you feel like you can ramp this thing up to the maximum go for it, I just wanted a small version to see how people liked it, if it was good I was going to add more jobs and make stuff a bit more complex.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli.ta View Post
Can we even get 40 active participants on this site? o_o Btw, I added you into this. If you feel like you can ramp this thing up to the maximum go for it, I just wanted a small version to see how people liked it, if it was good I was going to add more jobs and make stuff a bit more complex.
Yeah lets do this one then you and me will comoderate/organize a larger scale one.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Yeah lets do this one then you and me will comoderate/organize a larger scale one.
Sounds good.

But seriously, you are part of this first game. :P
Old 11-13-2009, 05:12 AM

Its not my first rodeo cowgirl ^_^. I was on a winning mafia team in like a huuuuuuge game was so epic il show you the thread later.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
TOWNSPEOPLE i must declare, as I evilarsenal, head of the colonial altitude association, we must see who is most worthy to kill. You see, tyr is of the canadian, so he provides diversity, beagle is a fun and loving character, evil is a active member of our community, monxy is a representative of the bourgeois, eth is a loopy, and duck duck pwn is an animal that makes our skies beautiful... black, is diversity

Mikesol, is a bomb runner.... AND he uses the government technology illegally to position himself back intime.

get rid of the hostility, and vote with me, FOR MIKESOL, THE MAN WHO SHOULD BE KILLED

agree with me townspeople!
Don't let his compliments trick you. Secretly he wants you all dead. First he'll declare me as a villain and then one of you. If you really want to survive this horrible Mafia we need to weed out such evil creatures as him. Look even his name has evil in it. Vote with me against evil!
Old 11-13-2009, 05:23 AM

Mikesol I must say you are next to myself of course the smartest person on that list, your powers are far more useful to the mafia then the town in this scale of a game. I vote for Mikesol.

-edit: i may change my vote later, evil immediately calling witch raises a red flag.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Mikesol I must say you are next to myself of course the smartest person on that list, your powers are far more useful to the mafia then the town in this scale of a game. I vote for Mikesol.

-edit: i may change my vote later, evil immediately calling witch raises a red flag.
I don't understand how my powers could be used for the mafia as I'm not apart of them. As just a generic townsperson my brains would go to finding out who is the mafia member!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
I don't understand how my powers could be used for the mafia as I'm not apart of them. As just a generic townsperson my brains would go to finding out who is the mafia member!
Spoken like a true mafia, lynch him!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:01 AM

Don't kill the voice of reason (Mikesol), I think your time is better spent looking for suspicious crossdressers *hint hint*
Old 11-13-2009, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

PM from Stormich earlier

Stormich: "I heard mikesol was a mafia and I am gonna try to protect him, you in?"
Me: "Sure I am in."

Muahahaha
Old 11-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
PM from Stormich earlier

Stormich: "I heard mikesol was a mafia and I am gonna try to protect him, you in?"
Me: "Sure I am in."

Muahahaha
Don't listen to this nonsense! Maimer's isn't even playing. He's just jealous of my time anchor squillz
Old 11-13-2009, 07:09 AM

Oh blessed townsfolk! Disregard this putrid post of Nesnl's! He shall bring a plague to your town. Let it be known that Nesnl has sixpack abs, a sixpack of beer and six arms, surely that is the number of the beast. Not to mention the resemblance of Shiva the goddess of destruction. I have a quote memorized for these occasions:
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Old 11-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

I found this picture of mikesol online:

You decide? Does he look like a townie or a mafia?
Old 11-13-2009, 07:15 AM

I found an image of Maimer (check the picture name)

In this picture we see Markus (Monster manual says Markus is a demon from the 6 plain of Hellia) Maimer with his bellowed hellhound. We also see Maimer has won a trophy for seducing young college townsfolk and we see that he is German, so remember when voting, do you really want to see a 4th reich?
Old 11-13-2009, 07:55 AM

Old 11-13-2009, 08:01 AM

eth is mafia,
tyr is the doctor
black is the cop

good game sorry for ruining it
Old 11-13-2009, 08:23 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

If you're serious i might cry right now eruption

Anyway, i'm thinking we get mikesol, unless you all really have a vested interest in letting him, who is probably a mafia, get to day 2.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Since my post was so kindly deleted by Kuja or Maimer (for the 3rd time) so they could post their pic above mine let me remind you of what I said:

http://mikesol.com/pics/Irc.pdf

http://mikesol.com/pics/kuja.pdf

Also note I play as [fLbSS]Mikesol not mikesol. Anyone who plays with me knows that.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:35 AM

Also if Eruption just ruined the game ban the ****er -.-
Old 11-13-2009, 09:34 AM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
beagle is a fun and loving character, evil is a active member of our community

1. "beagle is a fun and loving character" is clearly an outright lie.
2. Talking in the third person about yourself.

Suspicious, or just a curious character?
Old 11-13-2009, 10:32 AM

I love mafia!!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I'd be well up for it.. PM me when you know more
Old 11-13-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormich View Post
Oh blessed townsfolk! Disregard this putrid post of Nesnl's! He shall bring a plague to your town. Let it be known that Nesnl has sixpack abs, a sixpack of beer and six arms, surely that is the number of the beast. Not to mention the resemblance of Shiva the goddess of destruction. I have a quote memorized for these occasions:
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
oh you saw pulp fiction too huh? ^^
Old 11-13-2009, 11:42 AM

I do not understand that wish you all have to kill poor doctor mikesol.
Yes he is smart, but that is to help people, how can you not understand. Have you ever saw a doctor who's not smart ?
He can even go back in time to actually prevent the wound with his miranda.
Have a little more respect for doctors, people.

I personally say evil, the instigator of this, is much more suspicious than mike.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:11 PM

So after a long night of good thinking and other completely unrelated things, I've completely psychoanalyzed Beagles last post.

Firstly, he states that him being a nice guy is a lie - making himself look 'bad' on purpose, thus shifting attention away from him. He then quickly and quietly blends in with the crowd by putting poor evil in the spotlight again. Is this cause for concern? Yes, good sirs, I believe it is. I believe it is. Gentlemen, the mafia may have left their first clue right there in this post - I spotted it, and now it is time to act.

LYNCH BEAGLE!