Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Clan Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

Clan Organization Clan recruiting and other things clans want publicized.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:39 PM

ok forget the company car, a ball t-shirt will do fine :P
Old 01-10-2010, 04:34 AM

I can't come to the practice in half an hour, but I will try to be at the one tomorrow morning and also the match. I hope someone else is going to be there tomorrow, because I'm wakin' up early :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
We still need players for tomorrow's KLF match. See the link below for information. I will not be there for the match.

I will be updating the match schedule posted at http://tinyurl.com/ballmatches, but before I can do that, I need to know your preferences.

The best match times for me are always Mon-Sun 9pm-10pm PST (GMT-8). Does that work for most people? Would you prefer a weekend afternoon or a weekday afternoon, perhaps? Obviously, I'm referring to PST (3pm'ish), so it may differ for your time zone.

Post or PM me... the more people I hear from, the better sense I can get for match times (and tourney practice times).
Old 01-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicallad View Post
ok forget the company car, a ball t-shirt will do fine :P
You have to earn it. I've been sending them to Match MVPs.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
I can't come to the practice in half an hour, but I will try to be at the one tomorrow morning and also the match. I hope someone else is going to be there tomorrow, because I'm wakin' up early :P
Awesome. I don't think I'll even be able to wake up that early (5:30am). I'm really hoping some of the tournament matches get moved to later times.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:

The best match times for me are always Mon-Sun 9pm-10pm PST (GMT-8). Does that work for most people? Would you prefer a weekend afternoon or a weekday afternoon, perhaps? Obviously, I'm referring to PST (3pm'ish), so it may differ for your time zone.
Those times work perfectly for me tgleaf. Not Fridays or Saturdays though.

By the way, my server's up again, everyone. Feel free to use it for whatever. It has all the maps (I think), not just the ball ones. It has 1dm maps too in case you want to practice for the plane tourney.
The default map is maimer's ball match lobby, so just /vote to change it to whatever you want to play. (oh and tgleaf, you're an admin now as well).

Tgleaf won't be there for the KLF match tomorrow so I'm setting the lineup. WOOHOO.
bow down to me, peasants.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:14 AM

Lol guava make sure you drink enough or you won't be brave enough. I will be at the practise in 4:47 hours.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:21 AM

no no no. no more alcohol evar. It is bad.

Quote:
Infraction granted.

Hereby, it is required that you change your name to {ball*} reallydrunkguava.
That name was definitely applicable 24 hours ago. it was an interesting night to say the least...

annnnd no practice for me... i must sleep. i need to be well rested for my loopy tourney match vs dio in 8 hours. WISH ME LUCK!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:24 AM

Well good luck then. I guess no one will be at the practise if you're going to put it like this.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:46 PM

and so nobody was
Old 01-10-2010, 03:02 PM

wiseguy and i were the only one that showed up to the practise. we played some games and i got some screens from the MVP's so i guess we both deserve a t-shirt XD
here are the screenies:

http://img502.imageshack.us/gal.php?...1101526334.png ok somehow i couldn't get the third uploaded so these are only 2
Old 01-10-2010, 03:38 PM

and I got pwnd 1v1 every single time so now I'm going to sulk all day. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:21 PM

Lol ill pwn you even harder at TBD when i want it :P
Old 01-11-2010, 01:19 AM

KLF(0) {ball}(4)

Great games tonight we enjoyed the learning experience. Our play was very unstructured and our passing was poor, not to take anything away from balls' performance though which was finely tuned and precise. I think we tried to play too much like a TBD game and often caused the game to become scrappy. The speed in which {ball} executed their moves was too hot to handle at times.

As a side note though, if any of you who played or watched the games could point out where we went wrong we can tune those areas.

Until the next time.

Balls to the walls!

Class <3

Old 01-11-2010, 01:54 AM

Those were some great games class. I think you're right though about your guys, they just weren't too used to playing ball. I saw a few times where players tried to shoot the ball into the goal when they could've just flew right into it. This led to a couple missed opportunities (and some spectacular saves). Also, you guys were killing us a lot, but they weren't always at the best times. This comes with practice, more than specific strategizing. Our team did an amazing job of coming up with kills at opportune times (don't follow, tortilla, and who in particular were outstanding at nabbing those clutch kills to stop goals). This kind of gave us a bend, but not break style of defense. The ball would get close, but usually wouldnt get in the goal -- perfect example of this was the first game @ snow. This also helps on offense. If you noticed, your goals came when you made with the ball and lots of support. The support planes pick off the defenders while the ball carrier obvs tries to score. Also key though, are rebounds. With practice we've become pretty good I think at picking up loose balls and finishing runs that look like they've been stopped.
Anyways, the games were a lot of fun, and a great challenge. Thanks to everyone who showed up and played!
{ball} Starting Lineup
Lekai - miranda
CCN - miranda
Arty - biplane
Who - biplane
Don't Follow - explodet
Tortilla - loopy
Subs
Harmonica
wiseguy
Nikon
drunkguava
(I think that's all, remind me if I forgot anyone)

Completely subjective awards...
Offensive STALLION award goes to CCN for his goal-scoring domination.
Defensive stopper award goes to who for some crazy clutch plays in snow and darkwar.
I'm not getting you t-shirts though, sorry guys :P.
And feel free to disagree/discuss those picks ^^ (i didnt really pay attention to the stats or anything, it was just based on what i saw...)

PS - I think that's the first time ever that we have played a game with only one loopy in the starting lineup...

Last edited by drunkguava; 01-11-2010 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:34 AM

It was a fun game and to be honest most of my goals came from great teamwork. You kept pushing and bending them, stretching their defense that sometimes there became holes I could slip through. Really I could feel the pressure, was really immense.

Good job to KLF to bending and not breaking under that kind of offense and defence, with some practice they could be verrrry formidable.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 AM

I think your team was awsome. they died quite a few times with the ball still stuck to their plane. If you know you are about to turn the ball over at lest make the other team work to get it. just shoot ball up/down away from other team so they have to fetch it. as stated above knowing when to dunk the ball and shoot the long shot comes with practice.Even though we won I never felt like you were out of the games.

Your Tbd experience looked awsome on mayham 2 the way yoiur team moved from offence to defense at same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicallad View Post
KLF(0) {ball}(4)

Great games tonight we enjoyed the learning experience. Our play was very unstructured and our passing was poor, not to take anything away from balls' performance though which was finely tuned and precise. I think we tried to play too much like a TBD game and often caused the game to become scrappy. The speed in which {ball} executed their moves was too hot to handle at times.

As a side note though, if any of you who played or watched the games could point out where we went wrong we can tune those areas.

Until the next time.

Balls to the walls!

Class <3

Old 01-11-2010, 09:11 AM

Thanks for the invite earlier guys. Sorry I couldn't stick around longer, I happened to get a call from the upset girlfriend right after I logged in so I played two matches while on the phone . The two games I played in were intense and if you ever need a sub please please drop me a message. I'm not in a clan because I'm hesitant to commit to the schedule, but if there's any clan I look up to it's {ball}/* and the opportunity to play with you guys is always an honor.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Default KLF vs. {ball} results

Thanks to Harmonica, I was able to comb through screenshots of the match for statistics. Even though I wasn't there for the match, I am awarding the Match MVP the same way that I do when I participate in a match.

You guys dominated the ratios. I know they don't tell the whole story, but I believe they are crucial to success in BALL, especially against experienced clans.

The match was 6v6, best of seven games.

Results: {ball} wins four games to zero.

Maps, in order:
snow: 6-1 {ball} (MVP: CCN)
darkwar: 6-2 {ball} (MVP: Tortilla)
mayhem2: 6-3 {ball} (MVP: wiseguy)
grotto: 6-2 {ball} (MVP: Nikon)

Match Awards:
Most goals in one game: CCN (4 in one game for a hat trick!)
Most deadly: Nikon, 36 kills (grotto) [runner-up: Don't Follow (27 kills on snow and 27 on darkwar)]
Best kill streak: Tortilla, 13 kills in a row (grotto)

Match MVP:
Tortilla
(For scoring at least 5 goals in the match, and for having high kills and good ratios in all four games.)

Last edited by tgleaf; 01-11-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Default Tournament Practices

I've made changes to the tournament practice schedule... please check http://tinyurl.com/ballpractices.

I think at this point that 1DM is our best option for getting better at kills/survival skills, and TBD might help us with teamwork a bit IF someone can coach us. TBD with all {ball} players isn't going to help us get better at BALL, I'm afraid. So please work in at least one round of 1DM before or after BALL.

Also, anything smaller than 5v5 is not going to mirror real matches enough to be very valuable. I realize it requires 10 players to do this, so please try to make the practices as much as possible. If the times aren't working for you, private message me with suggestions. In each practice, we should think about what formations work as well. So don't field 5 loopies just because everyone wants to be a loopy. Try for 1-2 explodets, a bomber, a biplane/miranda, and 1-2 loopies.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Default TBD vs. KLF?

Class wants to know if we would like to have a TBD match against KLF? I know we were dominated by fLb in our scrim last night, but if you're interested, send me a PM.

I think we can only improve from playing TBD against experienced clans. And it's only fair (we played them in BALL), right?

Most likely, the match would be Sunday, 1/17, at 3PM Pacific / 6PM Eastern / 11PM GMT.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Class wants to know if we would like to have a TBD match against KLF? I know we were dominated by fLb in our scrim last night, but if you're interested, send me a PM.

I think we can only improve from playing TBD against experienced clans. And it's only fair (we played them in BALL), right?

Most likely, the match would be Sunday, 1/17, at 3PM Pacific / 6PM Eastern / 11PM GMT.
uhm i would really like to join that but that match is too late. about TBD practises i will coach maybe we could change the time to 11 AM PST?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:17 PM

I'd go, if I can make it! I've been working on my biplane skills, such that they are. Certainly I'd like to learn from someone who's good at it in a non-public setting...and I agree, fair is fair! We need to give back some ego points
Old 01-11-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
I'd go, if I can make it! I've been working on my biplane skills, such that they are. Certainly I'd like to learn from someone who's good at it in a non-public setting...and I agree, fair is fair! We need to give back some ego points
Lol haha i guess i should agree with that ^^'
Old 01-12-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:

i should be able to make this one.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

This Sunday at 11am PST, wolf'j'max will be coaching us in TBD. A list of other practice dates/times (recently changed!) are at http://tinyurl.com/ballpractices

Last edited by tgleaf; 01-12-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
This Sunday at 10am PST, wolf'j'max will be coaching us in TBD. A list of other practice dates/times (recently changed!) are at http://tinyurl.com/ballpractices
Since im kinda young and sticking with my parents: we could better move this to 11 AM if you don't care. Mostly at 10 AM for you (which is 7 PM for me) i'm still at dinner or i'm busy washing the dishes. Since 8 PM should be better i had to make a try by posting this.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
Since im kinda young and sticking with my parents: we could better move this to 11 AM if you don't care. Mostly at 10 AM for you (which is 7 PM for me) i'm still at dinner or i'm busy washing the dishes. Since 8 PM should be better i had to make a try by posting this.
Okay, I'll move it to 11am (tinyurl.com/ballpractices), but I probably won't be able to make it. Go ahead without me, though.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:02 PM

Default lolwut

Ok guys, i'm back.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Default And just in time for the BALL tourney

Rumor has it that miranda self-pass will be a thing of the past tomorrow.

Enough people chimed in, I guess. http://altitudegame.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=15 (from the http://altitudegame.com/forums/showt...8703#post28703 thread)

Edit: Okay, Gankatron... when?

Last edited by tgleaf; 01-14-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:

I should be done getting destroyed in my 1vs1 biplane match by then. I said after the match we shoudl give it a try against them. At the very lest we will learn how good/bad we are at it.

PS I barely use loopy any more. Count me as a biplane with a side of bomber and a hint of loopy. he he he.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:59 PM

now I am just using whale and bomber barely any biplane or loopy ...never miranda.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty View Post
I should be done getting destroyed in my 1vs1 biplane match by then. I said after the match we shoudl give it a try against them. At the very lest we will learn how good/bad we are at it.

PS I barely use loopy any more. Count me as a biplane with a side of bomber and a hint of loopy. he he he.
hmm good move playing more planes. Since tgleaf wants me to be a TBD coach ill tell you that the more planes you play good the more you will be the key player in a team. So is in KLF step the key player. He is good at acid recoilles and trickster. If we want him to go splodet or bomber he will still play it because he isn't bad at it. When you have 1 or 2 of these players yoy got always a good balanced team.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:41 AM

i can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. But I think your not.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:50 AM

With Wolf, no one can Also if you have enough people you don't need to have people on multiplanes cause usually the person playing all planes will be worse than the one playing just one. Learning one vs learning 5 is a big difference.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormich View Post
if you have enough people you don't need to have people on multiplanes cause usually the person playing all planes will be worse than the one playing just one. Learning one vs learning 5 is a big difference.
Agreed, which is why we don't encourage (or discourage) learning of additional planes. Harmonica says his best plane isn't explodet. Okay, but he's damn good at explo, so that's what we tend to use him at. I think flying other planes does give you insight into how to avoid them and how to take them out. But in the end, I want the single best player of each plane in the match, rather than the well-rounded player who can sub in for any plane.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:30 AM

Lol yes but how you are playing everyone plane in ACE storm (and pig) gives an advantage because you can always change the plane setup.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:29 AM

Well it's good to have 1 or 2 well rounded players just in case someone doesn't show. There are only a handful ACEs who play more than one plane in competitive TBD. I play explodet 99% of the time.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:50 PM

Hey everyone here is a graffiti that I drew in my sketch book and I think some of you might want to see it. There are a couple that I just did of my tag name (which is shark) but I kind of want a different tagging name so could some of you give me some ideas on that? 4-7 letters. and if any of you want me to graffiti your name I would be glad too but I can't do to many at a time so just tell me if you want one and I will post it on here once it is done. sorry this is so long and off subject, here they are.DSC_0150.jpgDSC_0152.jpgDSC_0146.jpgDSC_0144.jpg
Old 01-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Nice work, Nikon. I like the BALL one, of course, and the others are good, too. If you get the chance, I'll take a 'tgleaf' tag.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Nice work, Nikon. I like the BALL one, of course, and the others are good, too. If you get the chance, I'll take a 'tgleaf' tag.
Will do captain!!