Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:23 PM

Default Unlimited leveling up

I think there should be unlimited leveling up. It would be cool to just keep leveling up to see how high u could get. And there should be more challenges for the planes,i beat them all in like a week. Even if u just add another 60 lvls, that would make it a little cooler. And just a few more hard challenges. Just post what u think.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:39 PM

yes great idea. BUt.... it can get cooler

Orange Perk- You can adjust your planes attributes. You start with 9 stars (so u can make an even plane like the biplane). You can earn stars for every 10 levels u level up. You can make your loopy have 7 Speed; 1 Health; 1 Agilty.... The fastest thing ever but super easy to kill.

Sky Cash- You can earn money in the game by getting experience points. You can gamble you money in battles as well as buying new parts for you plane.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
WHB||YorK made up the Orange Perk Idea
{SNW}True 2- made up the Sky Cash Part
Old 11-24-2009, 10:46 PM

Uh.. yeah except that would be an entirely new game. Also you DO continually level up, it's just called experience.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eth View Post
Uh.. yeah except that would be an entirely new game. Also you DO continually level up, it's just called experience.
but u just stay the same lvl the whole game, not really fun
Old 11-24-2009, 11:16 PM

Why is it not fun? Do you have to LEVEL for anything to be fun? If you want to see how much you've played, look at your experience. Levels continuing to increase would just be another way of showing your experience increasing. Which you already have. Which is why saying you want to level up more is weird.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:20 PM

but it would give younger players to look forword to. It would cause alot of complimints flying and less crap
Old 11-24-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True20 View Post
but it would give younger players to look forword to. It would cause alot of complimints flying and less crap
They can look forward to reaching the ultimate stage in the game level 60.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:21 PM

I think a solution to this would be to make it take 500,000 XP or so to hit Lv60.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:38 PM

that would rob alot of cool people of there 60 lvl. witch would make alot of people mad
Old 11-24-2009, 11:40 PM

I would like a form of unlimited leveling however just for show, you wouldn't really get anything for being level 529 but it would just be cool to do.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

And cap demo accounts at level 30!
Old 11-24-2009, 11:53 PM

There is unlimited leveling in this game: the more you play the better you get.
Thats the best kind of leveling IMHO.

RPG-like leveling is for stupid games with a flat learning curve.

What I would like is the ability to combine perks any way you want, like turbo+ultra, armor+repair. What are the cons, other than unbalancing and ruining the whole game?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:03 AM

i know it would be just for show
Old 11-25-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vania View Post
There is unlimited leveling in this game: the more you play the better you get.
Thats the best kind of leveling IMHO.

RPG-like leveling is for stupid games with a flat learning curve.

What I would like is the ability to combine perks any way you want, like turbo+ultra, armor+repair. What are the cons, other than unbalancing and ruining the whole game?
So basically Repair+Green Perk >.>
Old 11-25-2009, 04:12 AM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Go and play an MMO if you're addicted to the fuzzy feeling of levelling up. World of Warcraft is nice this time of year.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

You realize that if unlimited leveling was added you'd have players who sat there farming bots all day to get super high and would be like level 999 but really couldn't do much. =P
Old 11-25-2009, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

This is easily preventable. Just like people used to turret farm, something could be set up to prevent bot farming.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:40 AM

Aren't Lam and Karl working on some sort of prestige ranking that shows veteran players?

I think something better than unlimited leveling would be individual plane leveling past 60. No stat increases or extra perks, but you would get different icons that go up.

Perhaps just some sort of Badges you get for doing well and the only way someone can see them is by looking at your profile. Sorta like achievements but you could get multiple of each badge and some would be really hard to achieve. Maybe have this linkable to your forum account so that your overall ranking will be displayed beside your forum name? Seems like a good way to see how good someone is and take that into consideration with their post if they have a different name in game, etc.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
This is easily preventable. Just like people used to turret farm, something could be set up to prevent bot farming.
You could set up something where if there's less than 4 people in the server you can't get more that 150xp gained from bots. Also, you would need an autobalance feature to be necessary which would kinda suck in some fun cases to make sure it's not 4 nobs vs. 4 bots.

But that way you wouldn't have 1 or 2 noobs filling a server with bots and going wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
And cap demo accounts at level 30!
mate i jizzed in my pants when I hit level 60 - Blimey was behind (or in front) of me the whole way lol
Old 12-10-2009, 08:36 AM

Don't mean to necro this thread, but it didn't seem to elicit much response from the devs. I'm not sure how I feel about unlimited leveling (might be cool, or perhaps a higher cap), but at the moment, the leveling system feels slightly accelerated. The general consensus from players within the servers is that a new player can hit level 60 in under a week, and with specialized bot-farming servers up, it can be actualized in a matter of hours. Obviously, level 60 is just a number, and really doesn't mean too much to most vets, but to newer players (at least when I started off in beta), level 60 was certainly something to shoot for. For me at least, the whole leveling process was fun (I even considered purchasing a second account at the Steam release), and once you hit 60, that whole aspect of the game is gone. I'm not sure why some of the vets in this thread are shooting down the idea, but look at the disparity in skill level among any group of level 60s -- it's ridiculous sometimes. Wouldn't increasing experience requirements for each level help address this? Granted, most players know who is good at what from experience/observation, but shouldn't a level number give some sort of clue as well? Otherwise, they lose a lot of their meaning.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Administrator

we've said this in other threads more than once... we want to do what COD:MW did:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of...Modern_Warfare
the player has the option to play "Prestige" mode; this resets their level back to 1 and all earned bonuses are lost in exchange for a special in-game insignia. This process can be repeated up to 10 times with a different insignia being given each time,[7] giving the player a total of 604 levels to achieve.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:48 AM

I was always for unlimited leveling, just to get a feel of some unknown player, no need for ranks, just add levels on a curve.
EDIT: post at the same time...
That COD4 idea seems interesting i guess. Not my cup of tea but I think a lot of players like to show of their award thingies.

Last edited by Stormich; 12-10-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:19 AM

an extended amount of leveling might not be a bad idea, but if that is to be implemented, there needs to be a corresponding decrease in the amount of xp you get from killing bots and turrets. right now bot/turret-farming isn't such a big issue because there's little incentive to do it after you hit level 60, but if unlimited leveling gets implemented, then it might be wise to reduce bot/turret xp to something even as drastic as 0.

as a side note, i'm not so sure why turrets give so much xp in the first place, since killing lots of turrets (except for 1-2 important ones) generally doesn't make a difference in a match.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:55 AM

You stop getting exp from turrets in a game after you kill a couple of them
Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
we've said this in other threads more than once... we want to do what COD:MW did:

the player has the option to play "Prestige" mode; this resets their level back to 1 and all earned bonuses are lost in exchange for a special in-game insignia. This process can be repeated up to 10 times with a different insignia being given each time,[7] giving the player a total of 604 levels to achieve.
Ahh, very cool, Karl. Sorry, I didn't come across that in my searches. Thanks for the response!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:

Will this prestige feature come in any upcoming patches soon? Or are you still working on it?
Old 12-10-2009, 03:58 PM

In my opinion one of the possible solutions could be changing the correspondence between xp/level - to the time played/level.

It seems that the main inner game tension may be conceptualized by problem - that ppl actually want to define the level, but do not want the other to bot/noob/turret farm or whatsoever camp.

I think that such very simple decision to connect level with the time spent may solve this a bit. I mean it looks pretty much like the longer you play the better you get (with some talent exceptions...but still I think time effects the quality a lot). From the other point - such level won't make you xp-greedy - in a point, ppl who are camping for xp - won't just have the point to do that...and maybe will have a little more fun simply by concentrating on the game itself.

What I would propose is very simple. Level may be made by a formula: Level = hours played divided by 10. This would mean that my 330 hours - would be level 33....Kuja would have in this case something like level 70 (if I'm not mistaken).

As far as I understand you're planning to introduce a separated sect. mode...this way it would just perfectly pass, since you would get your level upgraded only for hours fighting in the game (I mean afk, spec should not be considered).

I'm personally not that much interested into leveling...but well - maybe it's because it lost its sense so long ago.

Last edited by Tosconi; 12-10-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:18 PM

how about when you get the final prestige level your plane becomes SOLID GOLD! i know great idea
Old 12-10-2009, 04:37 PM

I want to put custom decals on my planes :'(
Old 12-10-2009, 04:39 PM

^ That would be many many many kinds of awesome.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:41 PM

Mastering one-shotting with 'randa is all the levelling up and reward I need.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:14 AM

Some interesting ideas pitched here, but I think it would destroy the simplicity of the game. Which is unfortunate, because these are some good ideas.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:35 AM

Default :D

i agree with ETH. people! YOUR ALL over thinking the game adding all this crap will make it suck nuts trust me this games great please keep it simple because.... "thats what jesus would do" lol JK but ya you could add little things along the way to make it different.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:

I love this idea - re having to gain your bonuses in exchange for the prestige icon is perfect
Old 12-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:

I like this concept, till it becomes a reality I will stay tuned.

This concept will make the game more interesting, by far this game is interesting already, but that would make it more interesting, by far, so to speak.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True20 View Post
I think there should be unlimited leveling up. It would be cool to just keep leveling up to see how high u could get. And there should be more challenges for the planes,i beat them all in like a week. Even if u just add another 60 lvls, that would make it a little cooler. And just a few more hard challenges. Just post what u think.
i think the levels are setup to unlock the planes and perks. if a new plane and its perks were made then more levels would be created to accomodate the planes and to be able to unlock them.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutra View Post
I like this concept, till it becomes a reality I will stay tuned.

This concept will make the game more interesting, by far this game is interesting already, but that would make it more interesting, by far, so to speak.
I say not. It would be pretty unfair for others than loopyplayers. You want to play time anchor? You can either play it or just stick with loopy for those hundreds of levels...
Old 12-21-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OjM View Post
I say not. It would be pretty unfair for others than loopyplayers. You want to play time anchor? You can either play it or just stick with loopy for those hundreds of levels...
If it's like MW2 I believe it's a choice - it's a status symbol not a biggie but one that i'd be prepared to sacrifice my level gains to get. Others won't do it but they can stick at max level
Old 12-22-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tals View Post
If it's like MW2 I believe it's a choice - it's a status symbol not a biggie but one that i'd be prepared to sacrifice my level gains to get. Others won't do it but they can stick at max level
A choice to play mostly loopy until you hit that 9999 levels? Yeeaaah. Maybe if you lost all but the one plane you played least? You would need to train them all and there would not be that weird situation that all loopies are highlevels and others not.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:33 AM

I've got a suggestion that allows players' experience gained beyond the cap level to count for something, even if it is just a status thing. If anyone's familiar with the game of Gunbound, they have an interesting ranking system. Up to a point the levels are simply based on a static experience benchmark, so let's say up to level 60, each level is hard capped at a certain amount of experience. Well past that the levels are determined by the experience level of everyone else as well. For example: You have a special icon for the number 1 player, in terms of experience, then for the top 10 players, excluding the first player naturally. Then say the top 1% of players, again in terms of experience have a different icon, excluding the aforementioned players. This gives players something to shoot for, if they're interested in status. However this can be problematic when players can simply farm bots for experience, so who knows. Although with this system, you can have it work along side of the prestige system. Where the levels are hard-capped but there are rankings which are done with the system I mentioned above. Anyway, this is just my 2 cents on the matter.