Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:49 PM

Default Demo That Deserve Full game

Anyone know a good demo beside Hartz and DMCM? Im gonna give 5 ppl who deserves it. So far its only DMCM and Hartz, any suggestion?

Cheers!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:55 PM

Why are you rewarding people for being ridiculously cheap, yes iv heard dmcm's reason and I'm not buying it, pardon the pun. Please don't give people anymore reason to enjoy this game without compensating the people who slave to make it happen
Old 12-01-2009, 07:03 PM

Yeah...Captain Vogez give him full version...I think he is demo and he is a great player.What do you think about him bong?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:26 PM

Definately Voggsy, and does Beagle have the full game?

I'd try and beg for it, but I do believe I'm getting it for Christmas, so no need, woo!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bong View Post
Anyone know a good demo beside Hartz and DMCM? Im gonna give 5 ppl who deserves it. So far its only DMCM and Hartz, any suggestion?

Cheers!
I vote for Vogez.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig_bomb View Post
Why are you rewarding people for being ridiculously cheap, yes iv heard dmcm's reason and I'm not buying it, pardon the pun. Please don't give people anymore reason to enjoy this game without compensating the people who slave to make it happen
I totally understand where pig is coming from on this. But in the end, I guess the money will end up in the developer's pockets. So if you want to buy people the game... go for it!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

is nadespam still a demo? he was pretty good and wasn't annoying.

how about the IT/IL guys? always thought it was kinda cool that they formed a PL team that was all demos and have managed to keep it going (with a namechange) for so long. do they all have full vers now?

blah, I know I've seen a lot of random decent demos playing around on the main servers, I just can't think of names right now.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:50 PM

Uh Shyney? Id think hed refuse though, to fight the occupation or something.

edit: derkensnob and maverick
Old 12-01-2009, 09:01 PM

I agree with Pig on this. I know the money is going to Lam and Karl one way or the other, but doing things like this is just going to send the message that if you can get on a paid player's good side, you can get them to buy the game for you, which won't do Lam and Karl any favors in the long run. Frankly, I don't get the whole "I can't afford it" thing either. You can obviously afford a computer and a decent/good internet connection, both of which cost WAYYYYY more than 20 bucks, and if you really thought the game wasn't worth even a measly 20, why would you still be playing it and putting enough time into it to get halfway decent?
Old 12-01-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig_bomb View Post
I have to admit that what you were saying is true, totally agree with you. But i just won 200$ from Barca v Madrid game so, yea, why not

@Kuja, Maverick from $? i thought he got the full game, definitely gonna give him if hes still using demo

Last edited by bong; 12-01-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know of a single demo player that is worth it that hasn't already bought the game or is planning on buying the game. The demo players with the "demo for life" attitude is an aspect to their personality that won't go away when you buy them the game and I think that generally you will regret buying them a copy.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to killimanjaro Send a message via Skype™ to killimanjaro

START - DW member. he's pretty good and plays a lot.
and he wants to improve he's skills more and more
Old 12-02-2009, 12:15 AM

Small beef with the title, no demo "deserves" the game. They could have taken an hour from their 500 hrs and made 20$ and theyd have their full version, its just stupid to play that long and not buy the game.

Last edited by Kuja900; 12-02-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:15 AM

Dr Tran. hes REALLY good
Old 12-02-2009, 01:49 AM

MP|tank2 (might have missed a space) this is guy an awesome demo user. But, DMCM and Hartz are organizing an all demo team for a 5v5 tourney. Not sure if it's still on, tho.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:51 AM

Default thanks

thanks Y.

ive been trying to get the full game for awhile. If there is going to be a tournament ill be there.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 AM

As much as I hate the idea of demos getting the game for nothing, I do get really pissed off at the huge numbers of demo loopies and grenade spam, so I think that SSW, Jayfourke, and Mandrad should get the full game as they are the most deserving of all of the demos right now.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
As much as I hate the idea of demos getting the game for nothing, I do get really pissed off at the huge numbers of demo loopies and grenade spam, so I think that SSW, Jayfourke, and Mandrad should get the full game as they are the most deserving of all of the demos right now.
What makes them deserving? I think everyone in this thread is confusing the idea that someone deserves the demo versus someone who has just abused the system and played the demo a lot. Does that fact that some demo players have played for 200 hours and therefore better than a beginner make them anymore deserving? In fact I think it makes them less deserving than someone who is new.

Why not look for a demo player who has actually contributed to the community? Someone who made a good map or someone who contributed good ideas or someone who pays their own money to host their own server?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
What makes them deserving? I think everyone in this thread is confusing the idea that someone deserves the demo versus someone who has just abused the system and played the demo a lot. Does that fact that some demo players have played for 200 hours and therefore better than a beginner make them anymore deserving? In fact I think it makes them less deserving than someone who is new.

Why not look for a demo player who has actually contributed to the community? Someone who made a good map or someone who contributed good ideas or someone who pays their own money to host their own server?
There aren't many people that are still demos that have contributed much to the community. In fact, I can't think of any at all. I picked those three because they seem to be the best demo players in the game, although they are pretty bad compared to many people that have bought the game.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:04 AM

Hey bong as generous as your proposition is and as crazy as people suggesting that I'm a good player, I don't think I deserve to get it for free.

I guess it's what Maimer said above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl
I am a sad sort of leecher and I'm not out here to leech off anyone - I enjoy the game and I also enjoy establishing some kind of reputation in the community as a player and attempting to observe and suggest as many things to improve/clean up the game as I can.

However, leechers will be leechers and my simple reason for not purchasing the game is that my total gameplay time is unpredictable at any moment - I might be on for 20 minutes a night for a week, then not play again for 2 weeks. And I know $20 isn't much in terms of working, but the way I see it after moving away from home to do university and work, $20 could be my 2 nights meals.
So I will purchase it when I don't have to worry about having very low money (particularly for emergencies - I'm an 8 hour drive from home so flights won't be that cheap on short notice), but at the moment I have the upmost gratitude for the entire team for keeping the demo functionality as it is.

Peace, and bong, keep on rockin'!!!!

Last edited by -MH-CaptainVogez; 12-02-2009 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-02-2009, 05:22 AM

I'd put in my vote for Alien.
He doesn't speak much english but he's participated in league with 100% attendence, is generally good mannered (sometimes he does go off a little). Played the game a long time, aims like crazy and is good fun to play against.

Also he's too young to buy the game himself :/
Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 AM

You don't mean KLF.Alien do you? lawl.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
You don't mean KLF.Alien do you? lawl.
I do,

tenchar
Old 12-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
You're right, but yeesh. Nothing to get angry about. He's just trying to do something nice for some cheapskates.

Actually though, wasn't there a guy that tried to buy the game but had paypal problems? I swear I remember a post like that. THAT guy deserves the full game. :P
Old 12-02-2009, 08:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DryBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
Actually though, wasn't there a guy that tried to buy the game but had paypal problems? I swear I remember a post like that. THAT guy deserves the full game. :P
haha, yah that guy who came from Saudi Arabia. Paypal didn't support Saudi Arabia
Old 12-02-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
I vote for Vogez.
I think we all agree for Vogez
Old 12-02-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryBone View Post
haha, yah that guy who came from Saudi Arabia. Paypal didn't support Saudi Arabia
I'm pretty much sure the guy was from Serbia
Old 12-02-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
I'd put in my vote for Alien.
He doesn't speak much english but he's participated in league with 100% attendence, is generally good mannered (sometimes he does go off a little). Played the game a long time, aims like crazy and is good fun to play against.

Also he's too young to buy the game himself :/
Muted him along time ago, he is a troll who does not deserve a free full game or even an honorable mention.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 PM

Default me?

what am i, chop liver? Ive been playing with demo for awhile, but my parents wont let me use a credit card to buy the game. I'm not 1/2 bad, and have beaten many people who do have the full game (true included, but it was mostly luck). at least consider it?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:21 PM

yea buy one for MP|Tank2, ive seen him beat a lot of people with the full game
Old 12-02-2009, 11:07 PM

guys - you really need to understand, that beating "people with the full game" is not the same to being good. Under certain circumstances any loopy after emping may beat any other plane.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:

Cheers!
Definitely The Awesome One, rawr, and jayfourke. They are all amazing at the game and deserve the full version.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:11 AM

i think bong u should post who are your definite picks and those who are still undecided. then maybe if u c them online you can see how good they really are and not how good they say they are. that way you can just start marking them off one by one until you get your five people
Old 12-03-2009, 03:07 PM

Default TheCapedAvenger

How is it that TheCapedAvenger hasn't gotten a mention yet? Guy plays well, is absolutely hilarious to play with, and would be a great addition to any team.

I think that he "deserves" to be in the running as much as anyone.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberknarf View Post
How is it that TheCapedAvenger hasn't gotten a mention yet? Guy plays well, is absolutely hilarious to play with, and would be a great addition to any team.

Cape has the full game, baby. He uses acid all the time.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:17 PM

i cancel the tournament thing cause ppl might just smurf and ruin the game. already give it to DMCM and Hartz. Enjoy your full game guys
Old 12-03-2009, 08:01 PM

Insanely nice of you dude.. props!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
i cancel the tournament thing cause ppl might just smurf and ruin the game. already give it to DMCM and Hartz. Enjoy your full game guys
haha yeah bong well done
you are a legend - I'm pretty happy and mega-appreciative that the team are giving it half price this week!

Yet again i need to promote my gratitude for this too!
Old 12-04-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberknarf View Post

capped got full game, he squirt acid all the time. that bish lol
Old 12-04-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
I agreed with this idea, theres 3 account left. 1 im gonna give it to the player that "know" how to play the game. And for the other 2, they must make map that Maimer approved! (for real) With that new update on the map editor thing, it should make it easier a bit. So, good luck!

Last edited by bong; 12-04-2009 at 02:23 AM.