Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:22 AM

Default Gamepad Support??

Just wondering if the game supports game-pads yet? I searched but only found 1 thread from February where one of the developers was stating they had to get their hands on a gamepad first.

I had a quick bash on the demo from Steam and thought the idea seemed pretty fun! But it feels completely like a gamepad style experience, i dislike playing stuff like this on a keyboard.

Has it been implemented yet? And if not - any timeframe on it?
Old 12-05-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifon View Post
Just wondering if the game supports game-pads yet? I searched but only found 1 thread from February where one of the developers was stating they had to get their hands on a gamepad first.

I had a quick bash on the demo from Steam and thought the idea seemed pretty fun! But it feels completely like a gamepad style experience, i dislike playing stuff like this on a keyboard.

Has it been implemented yet? And if not - any timeframe on it?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have support yet, and I haven't heard of any mention of working it in soon or at all, but there are ways to work-around to, such as programs like Joy2key.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:20 AM

Its not so bad playing on keyboard
You get use to that and then its great
Old 12-07-2009, 01:12 PM

I think its a good thing to support the 360 gamepad...not necessary but helpful~
Old 12-10-2009, 12:56 AM

I'm currently playing with a wireless Xbox 360 controller on my PC with the Microsoft wireless adapter. I use ControlMK to map the controller to to my keyboard (needs to be run as admin in Vista/Win7). I have the left analog stick X axis mapped to the left/right keys, top right shoulder button to throttle up, top left shoulder button to throttle down, back & start check score, and the face buttons for firing buttons. The setup works perfectly and I like the way the controls feel much, much more than the keyboard and I've seen my performance improve. A couple of notes: turning works fine assigned to the left analog stick (even though the turning itself won't be analog), but mapping the throttle to the triggers feels really strange so I'd recommend against it. Also, the buttons auto-repeat, which while good for most weapons and needed for throttle and turning, turns the Explodet's timed missile into a suicide bomb.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoy View Post
Its not so bad playing on keyboard
You get use to that and then its great
I seconds this. I'm using pretty much default keys except I mapped the movement buttons over onto my numpad.

Last night I had a few moments of clarity and was flying around like a man possessed w/the biplane, it felt so good. Of course it didn't last long before I lost 'the zone' and became a floundering newb again.

Gamepad support would be nice option though...
Old 12-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Administrator

gamepad support is coming soon (within a week).

In house test controllers are:
xbox 360
logitech dual action
Old 12-10-2009, 10:39 PM

Keyboard is fine, but I appreciated the link to JoyToKey