Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:35 AM

Default No, problem still persists. autokicks after 1 minute 56 seconds

argh!

yes my port 27272 UDP is open after port forwarding it, I've checked that with PFPortchecker program.

www.portforward.com has no help cause it doesn't have my specific modem type, A-LINK RR24AP(i+) and anything of close similar model has totally different manuals and menus than what this one shows.

No I don't have wireless on, and all the antennas have been detached, or I don't have any background programs working except Norton which was permitted to this game atleast 100 years ago. also a specific rule for UDP 27272 for this program inputted to it, but no.

I tried the ping -t cmd window trick too read from other thread, but that has no effect.

2 minutes of playtime, then it kicks me off, cannot connect for varying amount of minutes back in or resetting game. No progress saves. stuck on UDP handshake 1.

I checked the logs and see this everytime.

ERROR [2009-12-06 00:35:57,601] [main]: Disconnecting : Have not received a message from vapor server in 1 minute 54 seconds. My IP is XX.XXX.XX.XXX:27272.
INFO [2009-12-06 00:35:57,602] [main]: AltGame[instance=0, port=27272, playerId=5] - connection to vapor terminated

Disregard this, I got this working. I did have Wireless option on.
>This did not actually change anything. I only got game working for ONE game, after which it started failing already like before.

I can also make the game run up to that magical 1 minute 54 second mark without port forwarding. same error message. Has not received message from vapor server in in time.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:04 PM

exactly the same problem. problem started when i installed the browser version (having installed the steam version first) in google chrome if thats any help
Old 12-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Please submit a bug report and I'll take a look: Start Altitude, press F1 to open the console, type reportBug, click submit
Old 12-08-2009, 10:32 PM

Okay.

Now I really know what was missing.

Universal plug and play was off, which is odd as it looked to be on by the default settings.. but saving that as on anyway fixed everything now finally.

bunch of succesful games ever since on different servers.

No NO. Again this worked only for that one session, though I could play in two different servers then.
I assume UPNP was already on anyway.

I'm now totally out of clues. Resetting the modem and quickly connecting in? it must of been some odd spike.

Yeah, back to 2 minute kicks.

Last edited by Derpaherp; 12-08-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:57 AM

So is there any suggestions for this, or am I just gonna watch by as my friends keep on playing.

What can I do? I've submitted atleast 4 reportbugs in game, and mailed the logs to the support too.

There's no logic behind how I've gotten to play in only 3 sessions so far, and there's no sure fire way to get it working when I'd want it to.

Altitude uses random port to connect to vapor server each time?
then a default port 27272.

I can't just disable NAT totally either or then my whole internets stop working.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpaherp View Post
So is there any suggestions for this, or am I just gonna watch by as my friends keep on playing.

What can I do? I've submitted atleast 4 reportbugs in game, and mailed the logs to the support too.

There's no logic behind how I've gotten to play in only 3 sessions so far, and there's no sure fire way to get it working when I'd want it to.

Altitude uses random port to connect to vapor server each time?
then a default port 27272.

I can't just disable NAT totally either or then my whole internets stop working.
Speaking on behalf of my knowledge of everyone in admin, I'm sure they're under a lot of pressure with a thousand different things to worry about now. Not saying yours is irrelevant at all - its just that when jobs come to hand there might be several other tasks they still have to do - so don't lose heart!!!
XD

A few suggestions I have:
*Try changing the ports to something random - for separate computers I use 8000 and 8000 as that way I can open different pots for different local IP addresses (my comp uses a different IP address but you can't forward the same port to 2 different IP addresses on my router)
*Make sure you create the new rules for the ports and if you can, instead of enabling UDP, enable both UDP and TCP if you have a "both" option.

*Try closing Norton to test if it works without it.
Make sure the ports are also forwarded in your router.

If you need any more help I guess look around the tech support forum as there's countless other threads like this - but just be patient and I'm sure the awesome lammy and karl will help as soon as they can
Old 12-12-2009, 11:22 AM

Norton has already rights for this program.

however I just got this idea that would fit to my problem LOGICALLY.

first rule of altitude.

# TCP/IP port random

1. Altitude connects to Vapor using a random TLS/TCP/IP port. This should go through fine with most firewalls

well that's obviously not fine with my Poop in a box.
That would explain how I've been able to play at very random moments.

and naturally my router does not have application specific port forwarding, it's only for opening ports generally, hurrdy. Otherwise this would of been tooooo easy to solve by myself.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:04 AM
Administrator

edit file:

C:\Program Files\Altitude\config\VaporClientConfig.xml

find the line that says:
Code:
sslPort="0"
set that port to whatever you want (other than what the UDP port is set to in options->network)

Code:
sslPort="27271"