Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:48 AM

Default Background Image

HELP!!!!!!!

I was making a whole bunch of maps when I thought to myself, hey, I should totally add some images. Everything was going great. I was super happy and then, my plane flew behind the image! I spent a mad long time trying to figure it out and I had no luck. Please, tell me what to do.

Someone told me to "edit a new layer". So, I tried it and when i click, "Edit Layer" in the View Filter window, I get layers 1-9, and Under Parralex as well as Over Parralex. Only problem, when I'm trying to edit those layers, I can't add or move anything. So please, tell me what do to. And I'm running Mac.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Find the window called "View Editor" everything in the Game view and below will draw above planes. Every view on top of game will draw behind.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:22 AM
Administrator

I would recommend open existing maps and learning how they did things.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
I would recommend open existing maps and learning how they did things.
Yea i figured it out. Now my question is, how on earth can i get an object, lets say an asteroid, to look like an asteroid. is that what a texture is?
Old 12-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Administrator

draw an image in your favorite image drawing tool (photoshop, gimp, paint shop pro) then save it as a png and either import it as a sprite (Map->place sprite) or import the whole image (Map->import large png)
Old 12-16-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
draw an image in your favorite image drawing tool (photoshop, gimp, paint shop pro) then save it as a png and either import it as a sprite (Map->place sprite) or import the whole image (Map->import large png)
so the people who mad asteroids actually had to draw asteroids! thats takes a friggen long time. i gues i'd better get started.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:03 PM

Yeah making good-looking maps that are fun to play on isn't easy. There's a a lot of work involved, especially if you're going to start from scratch...

I know I've said this already, but i <3 ur eva/carmen maps
Use pics from the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition if you're going to make more of those.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:07 PM

Location: IM ON A BOAT MOTHER****ER TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE MOTHER****ING BOAT

im still confused. when im in view editor i get "game: (and then a bunch of numbers and parenthesis and stuff)" when i right click this, i get the options, "new view" "open game" "configure game" and "delete game" im so confused, what do i do from here?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Click "new view" to create a new layer, then use the Up and Down buttons to place it above the "Game" layer in the view editor. This will make a background layer that is shown underneath the actual gameplay.