Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:56 AM

Default First Map: City

Hullo all..

I felt slightly creative this morning, so I made this map in a few hours. I haven't done much playtesting on it to see how well it plays, but I figured it couldn't hurt to upload it for others to check out (if only to steal my ideas, which I'm perfectly happy to have happen if someone makes a better map out of it).

Anyways, here's the download link for the map, and the image preview:

http://kentonh.ath.cx/altitude/tbd_city.altx (map file)
http://kentonh.ath.cx/altitude/city.png (map image, note that the powerups and bases are not displayed.. the bases are on top of the hospitals and there are powerups scattered throughout..)

Thanks for your time!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

I guess a city with so much dogfighting needs two hospitals to keep up with all the injured people coming in.

Anyway, I'm actually having some trouble telling what's collidable in the picture. Not sure if that'd be a problem when you're up close in the game or not, but could be a concern.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:27 PM

imho the gaps between the top of the map and the building, as well as the whole in the building should get bigger...otherwise it looks pretty campy (after 1 minute of play)
Old 12-11-2009, 07:02 PM

I think it looks like a cross-breed between middleground and hills set on a city background. The graphics look like you quickly make them in paint, but that might just be the picture you uploaded.

Idea: the base could be inside the hospital with the entrance being the door, and YOUR hospital building only becomes transparent to you when you fly into it. The enemy hospital building is never transparent. Also, maybe a few more buildings are needed? But then, it would look like a cheap rip-off of lost city....

Looks like maimer and everyone else already came up with most of the original ideas....

Keep thinking though. You'll come up with an awesome map yet. =D