Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:52 PM

Default [Ball] Spectate Ball

I love the Ball mode and I sometimes enjoy just watching it. What would be a boon would be a "Spectate Ball" option for the camera - or just include the ball in the player list so we can cycle to it.

Thanks.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:47 PM

I concur. This would be really cool.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:51 PM

I agree - if this is technically feasible I think it'd add a lot to ball for both training and entertainment. Especially for the players who actually go after the ball, they'll be able to continue following the action much more easily.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:13 PM

Some time ago I posted similar suggestion - to spectate the ball after you die instead of the plane which killed you. This feature could be connected with the one posted here as it's quite similar.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Well I love ball and am hoping that some sort of ball tourney will happen in the offseason before apl3, then you'll have lots of ball to watch .
Old 12-13-2009, 11:21 PM

Maybe make ball/other game modes servers that have a certain amount of slots for players, slots for benchwarmers who are spectating but can join at any time, and then a number of specialized slots for spectators who can't join the game at all? This way, people who just want to watch won't have to leave to free up space for players. This is especially beneficial in ACE vs flb games where people wants to watch, but they can't because of the player limit in servers.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
Maybe make ball/other game modes servers that have a ... number of specialized slots for spectators who can't join the game at all? This way, people who just want to watch won't have to leave to free up space for players. This is especially beneficial in ACE vs flb games where people wants to watch, but they can't because of the player limit in servers.
Love this idea. Was just thinking about it this morning.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
Maybe make ball/other game modes servers that have a certain amount of slots for players, slots for benchwarmers who are spectating but can join at any time, and then a number of specialized slots for spectators who can't join the game at all? This way, people who just want to watch won't have to leave to free up space for players. This is especially beneficial in ACE vs flb games where people wants to watch, but they can't because of the player limit in servers.
This is a great idea and is definitely something I support. People (including me) would like to spectate these things but there's no reason to have them there if they actually impinge on the competition. As I recall, don't some Valve games like TF2 have this feature?
Old 12-18-2009, 09:01 PM

Agreed! This would be good for clan matches in particular, so we can have our new guys watch and learn and be ready to sub-in. Did we mention a sub-in option? :P