Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:48 AM

Default tbd_NWTR

So for those who don't want to look for someone to kill, I present a 'concept map' tbd_NWTR based off the old Warcraft2 map "nowhere to run." The idea is to have destroyable barriers separating sections of the map. So I used turrets that don't fire at all.

There are obvious problems with this (like gaining tons of exp points). So I would request that destroyable obstacles be added to the game. I think that would open up a lot more map making possibilities. And one more request for adjustable health on turrets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tbd_nwtr.jpg (89.1 KB, 65 views)
Old 02-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

I agree that it would be nice to have destroyable terrain. Whether it's a simple stock image or if it was something we could set in the editor it would be nice. Using bombs to open up passageways in the map could be an interesting addition.

Also, it would be nice if we could put permanent "wall" power-ups on the screen. When I say this I mean put them up so that they persist through the whole game so that passageways could be team specific. (ie, an easy passageway back to a base that otherwise would make too easy of a bomb route)

Could be cool in combination too. Have objects, that if destroyed, make the permanent "wall" power-ups come down (if only for 1 minute to gain an advantage). Just some ideas.

The problem with having all those turrets so close protest boy is that they will all blow up with one bomb hit because its like a chain reaction of explosions.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
Also, it would be nice if we could put permanent "wall" power-ups on the screen. When I say this I mean put them up so that they persist through the whole game so that passageways could be team specific. (ie, an easy passageway back to a base that otherwise would make too easy of a bomb route)
Permanent walls would have to be destroyable, otherwise the game would literally never end if both teams get enough walls up in time.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm3k View Post
Permanent walls would have to be destroyable, otherwise the game would literally never end if both teams get enough walls up in time.
Let me clarify what I meant before. I didn't mean that the wall power-ups that were used by players in game would result in permanent walls. I meant that it would be nice as a map maker to be able to add a pre-existing permanent "wall" into a map that would be team specific. So it probably wouldn't exceed 1 or 2 per team per map.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:54 PM

Location: iowa... doesn't matter no ones heard of any iowa towns anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by protest boy View Post
based off the old Warcraft2 map "nowhere to run."
hehe....ya i remember that map...rapetastic