Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:19 PM

Default Trouble With Team Chat Key Mapping

Hello, I've got two issues, the first is a defect, the second a related feature request/suggestion.

My profile:
OS X 10.6.2
Altitude 1.0.0
MacBook Pro C2D

1) Defect: I can't map "Chat Team" to the single quote character ('). When I attempt to do so, the mapping displays "NONE".

2) Request: I play on a laptop where the up arrow key is adjacent to the right shift key. I find that the right shift key gets hit accidentally somewhat regularly (if not very frequently). This results in the Team Chat dialog popping up and your plane's controls being 'frozen' at the input they were at when the Team Chat key was pressed. Often this means I see my plane doing loops at rather inopportune times (they key is most often accidentally pressed when things get hairy). I've seen other similar behaviour from others (and occasionally get "ffffffffffffffffffffffff" team chats).

While I'm happy with the ability to map it myself (I'd prefer a single quote, which it seems is the one I can't currently use), I would suggest that the default mapping for Team Chat be changed to something else.

Thanks for your time.

RockChurch
Old 12-30-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChurch View Post
Often this means I see my plane doing loops at rather inopportune times (they key is most often accidentally pressed when things get hairy). I've seen other similar behaviour from others (and occasionally get "ffffffffffffffffffffffff" team chats).
The easiest way to remove this is just press escape. It will take a split second-I played on a notebook for 8 months before I saved up 2 grand for my desktop with little problems.

It's just something you might have to get used to - but great pickup on the Team Chat mapping!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Administrator

It's strange that the single-quote bind won't work, but you can remove the Right-Shift binding (click the first Button next to Chat Team "R SHIFT" and then press Backspace to clear the mapping) and/or replace it with /, or just use the alternative default binding (U).
Old 12-31-2009, 09:10 PM

Thank you for the replies.

These are both rather low priority and severity issues. I've easily managed the issue well on my own. I've chosen (\) as my backup to my preferred (') for Team Chat, and I can certainly easily dismiss the dialog if it ever does arise.

Chalk these up under: FYI.