Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Default Have access to bomber perks that I shouldn't

This probably won't be a problem in the final version, but I just installed on my home comp after finally getting an internet connection, and there's some weird stuff going on. Basically, I played a month or so ago briefly and got to level 9 before I had to stop. Now when I enter the game, I have:

1) Bomber, which wasn't unlocked previously. I'm assuming this just changed, though.

2) Bomber has default config of bombs / repair drone / "coming soon". None of these are supposed to be unlocked at this level.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

I also managed to finally play, by VPNing out of Belgium, and have perks that it says I shouldn't. My loopy has double fire, my explo has remote mines, and I have heavy armor on something or another. I think I'm level 13. If I edit the plane and pick a different perk, it doesn't let me go back to the higher-level one.

Also, are we seriously keeping the name "loopy?"

Also, the game default being fullscreen is incredibly obnoxious and has given me problems on every computer I've tried installing it on. The default should definitely not be fullscreen. On my laptop I've consistently have problems alt-tabbing out of fullscreen mode, once to the point where it crashed my computer.

That being said, the game looks super nice! It sure has grown up. I really like the perks system, and the bomber-that-doesn't-bomb-and-doesn't-suck, and the tutorial is super cute.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the inconsistent config report -- this is a known side effect of me messing around with perk count, unlock level, etc. I will add a check to revert illegal configs, but it should never happen once perks are finalized.

I like entering fullscreen initially since it seems to be the "standard" for PC games -- but it could be a problem if we have a lot of alt-tab bugs. Could you do a bugReport in-game on the affected PC? (open console with F1, then type: reportBug [enter]) It might help us fix some of those issues.

Shame we don't have a brilliant composer to help us round out the initial sensory experience with a light, catchy title theme...
Old 02-19-2009, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
Shame we don't have a brilliant composer to help us round out the initial sensory experience with a light, catchy title theme...
If you are interested, I know a guy who would most likely be willing to make you some music. (free and he is really good)
Old 02-19-2009, 07:00 AM

Vi should write an atonal theme. It would fit the game well.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:03 AM

They are clearly hacking
Old 02-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Reminds me of Vi's voiced sound fx for the little Gamemaker version she made, which were pretty much the greatest thing ever. I still want a game where the whole thing is done that way.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Im not a mathematician but it sounds like Vi agreed to do all Altitude's sounds by voice and write the theme music. I think full orchestra, John Williams style would be appropriate.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Lamsybro, I am a mathematician, and so I can assert that if you provide an orchestra of John Williams proportions, I will do the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
Reminds me of Vi's voiced sound fx for the little Gamemaker version she made, which were pretty much the greatest thing ever. I still want a game where the whole thing is done that way.
DioDog, I'm glad you remember that, and am in complete agreement.

Speaking of me and composing and mathematics and being awesome, I'm excited about my paper instrument premier last night so I'm linking you to http://vihart.com
Old 03-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Vi = Hartz???
Old 03-09-2009, 04:15 AM

Number V! Are you alive?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

#5 is alive!
Old 03-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi* View Post
crazy foreigners with no railing on their stairs o_O
Old 03-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
crazy foreigners with no railing on their stairs o_O
It does too have a railing, it's just on the other side. I don't know how you can tolerate having stairs that you can't eject from halfway down. How remarkably inefficient.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Lamsybro, I am a mathematician, and so I can assert that if you provide an orchestra of John Williams proportions, I will do the rest.
You know Visauce, my dad is an orchestra conductor in Dallas. So for a little bit of Belgian chocolate he might be convinced to have them spend a part of one rehearsal trying out some modern Belgian tunes.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porpus View Post
You know Visauce, my dad is an orchestra conductor in Dallas. So for a little bit of Belgian chocolate he might be convinced to have them spend a part of one rehearsal trying out some modern Belgian tunes.
Oh, liking where this is going!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

and Vi promised to write John Williams style music for Altitude if she had a John Williams size orchestra.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by porpus View Post
Lorpus, that would be amazing and incredible. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Ok, I like where this is going as well. For this to work, I'll need two things.

First and foremost, from Lamster: Email me with an official commission request which includes things like length and your musical vision (other examples of the type of thing you're going for would make it particularly easy). I can promise you something snappy, catchy, and awesome.

Obviously we're not going for full game music, but we can get a bitchin' intro. I hope there will be a choir to sing "Aaaaltituuude, Aaaaltitude, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaltituuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!"

Secondly, from Lorpus and/or Mr. Porpus Sr: Email me with some stats on the Lorpchestra and stats on Mr. Porpus Sr.'s chocolate preferences, and any other relevant info. I'll also need an assertion that we can get the music played if I write it.

Ok, let's do it! Here's a secret of composers: they will do most anything to get their music played and performed. Access to an orchestra is such a sweet delight. So yeah, I'm perfectly willing to do this.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:56 PM

Location: iowa... doesn't matter no ones heard of any iowa towns anyway

Quote:
hope there will be a choir to sing "Aaaaltituuude, Aaaaltitude, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaltituuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!"
omg please yes.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah that'd be awesome.

Btw the other suggestion I keep pestering Lam with is to just use Ride of the Valkyries. I think it'd be pretty funny to have something so ridiculously over the top and epic for such a goofy cartoon game. and it's in the public domain so it's free!

basically though I'd love to have something that pokes fun at itself by being grand and sweeping and majestic.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds good to me but where can you find a good recording of it that is public domain?
Old 03-16-2009, 03:50 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wa..._Valkyries.ogg ?
Or does this not qualify as a good recording?
Old 03-27-2009, 02:50 AM

Well I have some bad news visauce. While my dad could likely find some time, the fact that it's a commercial game would apparently make the university lawyers go bonkers. It seems like the best I could offer would be my mom on the piano or organ, not exactly full orchestra though.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

I'd recommend going with this option. I had his mom on my organ once and it was GREAT.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Ah well, I suspected that would be the case. We're making due with digital orchestra and a choir made up of dozens of tiny little Vis at the moment.

If the lorpchestra is ever interested in commissioning some sort of special lorpchestra piece with a special lorpchestra discount, though, they should get in touch.

Edit: thanks for the recommendation, Dio, but I have neither a pipe organ nor a "pipe organ" so I'm gonna pass.

Last edited by Vi*; 03-27-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: your mom