Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > News
FAQ Community Calendar

News Read announcements and change logs here.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:51 PM

think miranda is not too weak in ball anymore.

I like this patch.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:17 PM

i really dont get why the drone is back for time anchor and not for laser/trickster...
Old 01-21-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
I am so impressed. You guys took all of the suggestions about ball bounciness/loopy performance and incorporated them into a patch 4 days after the last one.

Thank you! I haven't played it yet, but the changes sound great.

Edit: this plays like the old ball (which I loved), but with better plane balance/roles and more opportunity for passing and trick shots. Whales can score at a distance, loopy no longer feels sluggish when carrying the ball, and the ball isn't bouncing around like crazy confusing everyone. I'm sooooo much happier! Thank you! Loopies seem happy, mirandas seem happy... very nice job.
This sums up my opinion as well.

Very nice.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:21 PM

Great work and many thanks but next time please, please, so pleaseeee do something with Mister no recoil, huge firing range, aimboting double fire because is ruining the whole game

Last edited by Zombi; 01-28-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: I was a noob when I wrote this
Old 01-21-2010, 05:17 PM

So I played a few games yesterday and remote is usable, although the lack of immediate detonation is still bothersome. Note that three of the four explos in the game were playing thermo, which may be the strongest kit, in my opinion.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:27 PM

Thermo has become an even bigger threat, mostly thanks to improved rocket performance. However, I don't believe it's OP. Thermo is easier to attack from behind than Remote, as well as being easier to out-maneuver. Also, Thermo is more practical in team-based games and competitions as it allows the Explodet to control a wider area for a longer period of time, and it makes defending against bomb-runners easier. Imho, Thermo is a good playstyle to encourage.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:39 PM

Remote isn't that useful to anymore be honest. If the mines were collidable then that would help with tailgaters. Thermo and director seem to provide much more benefit now.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurripilot View Post
Thermo has become an even bigger threat, mostly thanks to improved rocket performance. However, I don't believe it's OP. Thermo is easier to attack from behind than Remote, as well as being easier to out-maneuver. Also, Thermo is more practical in team-based games and competitions as it allows the Explodet to control a wider area for a longer period of time, and it makes defending against bomb-runners easier. Imho, Thermo is a good playstyle to encourage.
I don't think thermo's OP, but I think remote should be buffed with collision or less cooldown to be balanced.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:05 AM

thanks you for fixing the gfx glitchs on the fonts!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:07 AM

Three words on the patch: I love it!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

I noticed that on this new patch that it changed my default resolution to my screens native resolution. I had to manually change it back to what I had it before. A couple of other people said this to me too and it usually was like "why the **** are my graphics all messed up???" and then I had to tell them to switch their resolution to whatever they had it before. I don't know if this was intended or not.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
I noticed that on this new patch that it changed my default resolution to my screens native resolution. I had to manually change it back to what I had it before. A couple of other people said this to me too and it usually was like "why the **** are my graphics all messed up???" and then I had to tell them to switch their resolution to whatever they had it before. I don't know if this was intended or not.
This was intended. Generally speaking running at a users desktop resolution when in full screen is way better. Faster alt-tabbing and it just looks better (now that fonts were fixed).
Old 01-22-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
This was intended. Generally speaking running at a users desktop resolution when in full screen is way better. Faster alt-tabbing and it just looks better (now that fonts were fixed).
In addition, this also seems to fix the problem I reported here.

Ok, it didn't really fix it, since the bug still occurs if I run the game at another resolution then my native, but who cares, as I won't run it under the maximum possible resolution.

Edit:
Ok, seems that it just worked one time.
So still no quick altitudebreaks during study.

Last edited by Varonth; 01-22-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:07 PM

http://altitudegame.com/forums/showp...&postcount=126

This wasn't fixed btw
Old 01-26-2010, 11:31 PM

Please make remote mine collidable. Remote Mine used to be one of the hardest planes to kill from behind. Now it is the easiest.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
Please make remote mine collidable. Remote Mine used to be one of the hardest planes to kill from behind. Now it is the easiest.
Translation: Lets make remote OP again.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FN]MONXY FIST View Post
Translation: Lets make remote OP again.
Translation: let's make remote not underpowered again
Old 01-27-2010, 01:11 AM

Remote is currently still exceptionally good, it just takes a more skill and awareness. So many new things you can do with it...but ya, remote has lost the ability to solo effectively--but its as good as ever when with groups. Just make sure to take advantage of the fact that you can shoot enemies forward with the mines now. It's often more effective than slowing them when they're at full burn.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:25 AM

I would be happy with the mines traveling a shorter distance when they are ejected so that explodets have a chance of survival when someone is close behind them.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
I would be happy with the mines traveling a shorter distance when they are ejected so that explodets have a chance of survival when someone is close behind them.
Came here to say something, realized I already did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
There are countless ways to prevent them from getting on top of you and 2 variants with mines that explode instantly on contact. If you're using the 'keep them at a distance by having controllable and timed explosions from both end of your plane' variant and a biplane or loopy ends up inside of you, you have just lost through less than optimal play or by playing an opponent of greater ability, and as far as I'm concerned that is perfectly balanced and you deserve to lose.
But to say it again, if you want instantly exploding mines, pick director or thermo. If you want to time your explosions at will, use remote. The fact that each has equal advantages and disadvantages and the difference seems like nothing more than personal preference strongly implies that there is balance. The only real problem here is that personal preference is still "have the best of both worlds."