Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:29 AM

Default Combat log transparency

I didn't notice this right away when I don't know which patch changed it, but this was a bad change. The combat log (xxxx killed xxxx) on the bottom left used to be opaque but now it's transparent.

I see why it was done (to make clutter on the screen) but that issue seems moot when you consider that the pop up boxes was added after the combat log got transparent and are far more cluttery (and far less useful).

Ask anyone who bomb runs frequently and they will tell you that the bottom left combat log is key to having good map awareness. Because the altitude UI tells you so little, the combat log is the main tool to determine whether you should press on or pull back etc.

I reference tyr's recoilless biplane guide http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1261 as an example of a top player who use the combat log for map awareness purposes. See how he analyzes the situation of the game using a screenshot in the third post.

Please make the combat log opaque again so it's easier to see, or at least give an option to do so.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:35 AM

You mention the popups, I'm interested to hear if anyone actually uses them? I turned them off right away and I rely on the log for info.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:28 PM

It would be very good to have a graphic representation of how many dead&alive in each team. A small dot would be enough.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:42 PM

I use the popups (and watch the side log.) And that is still one inspiring screenshot analysis