Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:23 AM

Default Reasons For Demo Players Not To Come Back

Personally, I purchased and enjoyed this game without much demo time. I find it unlikely that most people would do that. But the few times I played around online in demo mode, it was fun. And that's the main reason I paid the money to play it for real. What gets me is when supposed "pros" (read: L55+) can't handle newer players hanging around "they're" turf.

For instance...

About twenty minutes ago, I joined a simple plane ball game and figured (per usual) I would have fun and actually manage to joke around waiting to spawn. What actually awaited was the most offensive brat I've seen since starting. A L5x Miranda by the name of Magres.
This fool spend every second awaiting spawn harassing ANYONE who missed a shot, hit a wall, made even the slightest rookie mistake. Me with the misfortune of having him on my team, decided to (certainly irresponsibly) affect his gameplay. This, of course, irked him further. Eventually and predictably, a votekick ensued. That doesn't bother me. I deserved it and waited for it (taking your ball to your own goal has that effect sometimes). What bothers me is the player himself. Attitudes like his have driven me away from plenty of other small games. The attitude of "my level is higher, I have some kind of entitlement."

So listen Magres: it's not your job to whine, complain, and harass every mistake a player makes. If you complain about your team, get the hell off of it. The score at the top of the screen may be so important to you, but I'm there to have fun. And if you want to act like a brat and keep me from having fun, I'll reserve the right to keep your score low. If I happen to be on your team, that's your problem. Do what you did last time, I can't stop you.

But get this through your immature little bean basket: the only thing your level signifies is the fact that you started playing sooner. The sooner you get to L60 and bore yourself of us underlings in your way, the sooner you can uninstall the game and leave the rest of us to have fun.

Me? I'm unlikely to turn the game back on for a while. My time is worth more than babysitting your ego.

Peace out, y'all
Old 01-30-2010, 07:31 AM

You know you're ruining the game for everyone else by "having fun"? Your logic is flawed. *this post has been trolled*
Old 01-30-2010, 07:45 AM

Was "They're" supposed to be intentional?
Old 01-30-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipples View Post
decided to (certainly irresponsibly) affect his gameplay
It does not seem a very good idea to me, ruining the game for everyone.
Usually when i see someone i don't like i start chasing and killing him so much he eventually ragequits.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:56 PM

Hit tab to bring up the scores. Right-click his name and hit mute.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:16 PM

I like the immature little bean basket comment, I'll have to use that when bullies turn me upside-down and shake out my lunch money.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triped View Post
Hit tab to bring up the scores. Right-click his name and hit mute.
Exactly this. Don't let one douchebag affect you that much, or you're never going to get anywhere.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

There will always be immature people in this game (and in this world), but there's not much we can do about it except ignore them. If someone is bothering you in-game, do not hesitate to mute them or call a vote-kick.

It's unlikely that the particular player will read this post, and flaming never helps anyone. Publicly calling people out on the official forums generally does not make the situation any better. Enjoy the game, and don't let one mean player ruin the fun of the whole experience! Thread closed.
Closed Thread