Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:01 AM

Default Kicking people en masse from a PUBLIC server - kosher?

I get it. You're in a clan, you want to play against another clan to prove who's e-peen is bigger. That's great.

Do you really need to play your stupid pissing contests in a public server? I mean, I'm sure you all have passworded private servers that you can play in, why are you even attempting to play a private match in a game that anyone can join?

Furthermore, after people join the public game you're in, do you really think it's fair for you to just kick everyone in the game out that's not in your little clan tussle?

Well, I don't think it's right. Anyone else think the same?
Old 01-31-2010, 04:37 AM

Only noob clans sort out their matches in pub servers. And raging on the forum doesn't get things done, although I wish there was a "report player" option.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:06 AM

hmmmmmm. Here's the thing.

While I totally agree that bogarting a pub server for a clan scrim is just plain stupid, your OP is completely lacking in any means of reprimanding or stopping such behavior. Allow me to elaborate :

1. Who were the clans? What were their tags? What were the names of the players kicking others?

You see, when you come to the forums and post stuff that's offensive to clans because you're pissed, you'd better be prepared to point that finger at someone specifically, not just "clans" and their "e-peen". It's quite obvious from your generalization that you're new to this game. Anyone who's been around for a bit would know better than to just accuse all clans of such behaviour, as clans such as L*, ACE, fLb, ll, FN, etc. would never do such a thing.

2. Which server was it? What day was this? What time?

There are a ton of "Public servers". Some are run by the creators of the game (Officials 1-3, etc.) and others are run by generous members of the community (New England Servers, etc.). If you weren't in a server run by the game's creators, you may have been in a server run by a member of one of these clans, in which case they had every right to kick you out. If not, then the clans in question are indeed at fault.

3. What exactly is it that you're trying to accomplish here?

Your original post is angry, poorly directed, and offensive. It contains no relevant information other than "I was in a Public server at some point in time, and some clans kicked me and some others out". There's no mention of what was said, who was involved, or where and when the event occurred. This leads me to believe that either you have a legitimate claim and are just raging (in which case you should calm down before you go posting on the forums), or you're a troll and you're just looking for attention. Do you want any action to be taken so that your play experience can improve, or do you just want to whine offensively? One would assume that if you actually wanted to make a positive change, you'd at least TRY to include SOME KIND of info regarding the actual event.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:47 AM

The point was to not call anyone out directly, as I'm fairly sure that the players in the game were not representing the entirety of their own clans. I am not sure the clan leaders were present, or if they would have tolerated this sort of behavior.

I am not new, I am familiar with the clans in question, and neither of them were among the clans you listed. They also were not "official" clans of those servers, they just votekicked every time someone not in either clan entered the game.

It was one of the official servers (normal #4 iirc), and 10:00ish PM CST. The only reason I was really ticked that I was kicked was that once I was kicked, I was unable to join any of the other official servers for 10 minutes.

I more or less wanted to know whether or not I had a legitimate complaint or if I just didn't understand how the "public" servers worked.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Official #4 isn't actually official, it just puts it in its name. I know this doesn't really address the issue. But the only Official servers are #1-3, #4-X are just run by users. So if you got kick from 4, you should still be able to join 1, 2, or 3.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
Official #4 isn't actually official, it just puts it in its name. I know this doesn't really address the issue. But the only Official servers are #1-3, #4-X are just run by users. So if you got kick from 4, you should still be able to join 1, 2, or 3.
I might be remembering wrong then, I know for sure I wasn't able to join #2 though :\
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 AM

truepa!N reaches out to you, and every other public server player by redirecting these morally incorrect kickers to my high powered dedicated altitude servers!

The Public Servers are safe now with tpa!N and the 'SCF' aka Swoop-a-Clan Foundation aka "a helping hand :-----)" *smiley included*

Just contact me ingame '{BL}truepa!N' and I'll set up a hawt server to your preferences and you'll be TBD'n, ball'n, ffa'n, whatever you need to get these clans off the street.

yea yea fa shoo fa shoo

Last edited by TRUEPAiN; 01-31-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:57 PM

I'll second Truepain's server -- there aren't many good places for competitive Ball games, but his is one of the best. I expect any additional servers he sets up would be just as solid.

Drunkguava's "Competitive Ball" is another good, clan-game-friendly server -- and not only for Ball. A few people have connection troubles with it, but that just means it's more likely to be open/unused if you're looking for a semi-private server.

On a related note:
Is there any chance of getting some decent Ball maps up on the Proleague servers, when they aren't being used for official business? Even offering only the maps for the 6v6 Tournament would significantly lighten the demand. (Of the 6v6 Tournament maps, Snow, Mayhem2, Maze, Darkwar, and Core are absent -- Mayhem and Cave are the only two currently available on Proleague.)
Old 01-31-2010, 07:46 PM

Location: longest spear =====================================================================================>
Default Which Clans?

Which clans?
Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonica View Post
I'll second Truepain's server -- there aren't many good places for competitive Ball games, but his is one of the best. I expect any additional servers he sets up would be just as solid.

Drunkguava's "Competitive Ball" is another good, clan-game-friendly server -- and not only for Ball. A few people have connection troubles with it, but that just means it's more likely to be open/unused if you're looking for a semi-private server.
I'll third and second (respectively ) those servers. Most of the good ball matches I play in seem to come from there. High-level play, more consistent than Official 3 or even the ladder (although they're exclusively ball, so it's a slightly skewed comparison in personnel and play).
Old 01-31-2010, 10:46 PM

They lag, get dropped, and there's many things wrong with them actually just because VPSs really don't have a solid transfer rate behind them. I'd like for us to have dedicated servers, but.. too much money :--)

Not going to lie though, they sure are competitive
Old 02-01-2010, 05:43 PM

I think we actually were originally playing on T-Paaaaaaiiiiiin's server and they tried to kick us there, but it failed or something

>.>
Old 02-01-2010, 05:58 PM

We really do need to know who was kicked to determine whether this was a kosher move. Were they shellfish or rock badgers?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:20 PM

Official #4-11 are ran by me, and it wasn't one of them as I'm the only admin and I hardly play this game. Official #1-3 is ran by Karl/Lam and as far as I know there are no admins there including lam himself.

I haven't seen any other servers marked "official" besides those.

TBH since the introduction of bouncy walls and BALL, hardly anyone plays on official servers.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

I think this is wrong. The Public servers are as their names, "Public" I don't know what those clans don't get about them being official and all, but that's why there is the "Proleagues" for clan scrims. Besides most of the High Class clans I have seen, when scrimmin, do it on a private server, that isn't Official.