Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to karterfreak Send a message via MSN to karterfreak Send a message via Skype™ to karterfreak
Default Capture The Flag Concept #2 - Xfactor

CTF Concept #2, Xfactor.

Three health kits behind spawning area to make up for lack of base to heal on. They respawn every 5 seconds.

Powerups on the top/bottom are walls, middle is shield, outside ones are missiles. Bomb is on opposite side of starting spawn point. No turrets on map for lack of a good way to place them without making it harder to capture the "flag" than it currently should be. Turrets may be added later if people request.

Bomb is on 10 second timer to go with the faster pace of CTF.

Graphics aren't as good as a lot of the official maps, but it doesn't detract that much from the experience of the map

Enjoy

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dafmyw...f_xfactor.altx

Last edited by karterfreak; 02-10-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:31 PM

I like the concept, but the gameplay itself isn't as invigorating and in-depth as could be expected off a mode designed for putting teams under pressure.
It might be time to come up with a concept for an actual CTF mode later on if this becomes more popular, but the map itself is good.

My ideas towards this are:
*A much harder map/maze to navigate
*Tighter corners
*1-Hit kill for the base
*Snipe spots for defending players on both teams (maybe 1 on each side near the bomb)
Old 02-11-2010, 11:08 PM

Map's really nice. A little too loopy focused maybe.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:27 PM

I like the concept, but the map seemed way too small. When I played, I just solo ran the "flag" the entire time with a loopy, and it worked, making games short and redundant. A bigger map and a higher max player threshold would make the gameplay much better.

Another thing....spawning right where the flag runner is heading might make it too easy to defend the runner and pick up and flag if he dies. Not sure how to fix this, so just throwing it out there.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
I like the concept, but the map seemed way too small. When I played, I just solo ran the "flag" the entire time with a loopy, and it worked, making games short and redundant. A bigger map and a higher max player threshold would make the gameplay much better.

Another thing....spawning right where the flag runner is heading might make it too easy to defend the runner and pick up and flag if he dies. Not sure how to fix this, so just throwing it out there.
Perhaps you could have the teams spawn closer to the bottom, like a reverse of the standard ball layout...