Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:30 PM

Default Laser Miranda

I just recently made 60 mainly through playing my beloved Explodet and I thought it was time to up my game with another plane mastery. Having always found Mirandas to be a total pain in the a** to fight I decided to experiment with the different setups.

I must say, they are all superb and a lot easier to pick up than I imagined! I'm having the most success with the Laser setup so far and seeing as there is no Laser guide to pour through (I already read up the time anchor and trickster ones and theywere a great help) I was wondering if there were any pro Laser players out there that would like to share any tactics?

I play all game modes so anything you guys want to share would be much appreciated!

Last edited by chihuahua; 02-13-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:43 PM

Okay, first, charge up the laser, and aim it at the enemy. Then warp right through them (as in afterburning). Win.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Okay, first, charge up the laser, and aim it at the enemy. Then warp right through them (as in afterburning). Win.
Yeah I saw with the trickster the charge + warp combo is pretty effective.

How does the dmg from a warp through compare to a half charged shot? Does a semi-charged shot as a finisher take less energy (and therefore leave more for escape)?

Also I'm never sure if the laser weapon is reflected back (I know it's blocked) by shield powerups like other weapons are.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:13 AM

Laser isn't reflected at all. There's really not much to laser except point and kill. (Occasionally dash). Laser is the new trickster. :P
Old 02-13-2010, 03:31 AM

For 5v5 tbd, using laser(and trickster) as powerup control is really, really good. Especially on maps such as lost city, you can control the bottom by yourself and force the enemy team to waste manpower on you(giving your own team a huge advantage).

Also, lasers can kill even heavy armor explodets in one go, so if the enemy team went heavy, laser is a good option - much better than trickster. It's also a quite good bombrunner but that has more to do with the plane than laser I guess. As for actual dogfighting it's quite simple as others have said, also if you end up close to another plane, just warp away - laser is kinda useless at point-blank range.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:29 AM

Thats what the non - charged shots are for, for me anyways.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:52 AM

Oh god, this topic is from February. There seems to be a bumping conspiracy as of late. >.>
Old 08-01-2010, 05:40 PM

Lazer is a really bad plane and hard to learn. The last thing you want to do is play lazer miranda.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:59 PM

Oh smush, you just don't want any more bad lasers. Not that I blame you. >.>