Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:05 AM

Default tbd_industry first map

Well me and my friend decided to make a map, and well here it is. I did the level design he did that art, so tell us what you think.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:24 AM

Default Map

You'll want to make more spawn points, and maybe close the top off a little more otherwise it's just a straight flight and a lob to hit the other base, no obstacles in the way. Maybe lower the bases and put a broken wall in front of them (that is, a vertical wall with openings in it)? Just an idea.

Also, have you played this map yet? It looks like it may be a little hard on the eyes to distinguish your plane in the background and also which obstacles and solid and which are not--but I can only speculate on this since I obviously haven't played it.

Oh, and how large is the map?

Edit: Of course if you lower the bases you'll also have to close off the straight shot that would be created through the gap in the center vertical, striped walls.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:31 PM

the map is 2800 by 1500, and when i tested it i could tell planes from bckground.
**Edit, if you go from the very top and lob from right there, the bomb will miss, i tested this out a lot, although u can lob it from the second to highest tunnel, but if you go through there you will be shot by the turrets(i gave some extra range for balance).

Last edited by TheTip; 03-06-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:42 AM

any chance this will be an official map?
Old 03-12-2010, 07:18 AM

looks great!
perhaps rearrange the turrets so they are facing the other team, instead of them facing your team's side (like on tbd_locomotion). Yeah the bases DEFINATELY need to be lowered. its too crowded in the middle though. maybe free up some space for combat.