Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > News
FAQ Community Calendar

News Read announcements and change logs here.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Default Patch - Mar 16th, lots of bug/router compatibility fixes + a couple balance tweaks

================================================== ===============
March 16th, 2009

Green - Flexible Wings - buff: planes with flexible wings now lose less speed when making hard turns

Bomber - Grenades, FlakTailgun - reduced damage by 3%
Bomber - reduced hp by 2%

Miranda - Laser - reduced energy regeneration rate while laser is active
Miranda - Reverse - very slightly increased reverse ammo cost

Server:
if you call a vote and it fails, you will not be allowed to call another vote for 5 minutes (1.5 minutes if the vote is successful)

Experience Changes:
changed max level from 40 to 60 and slightly flattened level curve
note: you did not lose experience, and the overall XP requirement to unlock most higher level stuff has been slightly reduced
added "round bonus" XP to help new players through the first few levels and to encourage players to finish rounds
coming soon: prestige ranks for those who would like to continue advancing for cosmetic rewards

Bug Fixes:
fixed several issues that could result in "Invalid IP address" message when attempting to join a server
fixed router issues that could result in "No user is logged in from your ip"
improved memory usage for servers
fixed a few minor bugs with Bomber - Smart Bombs
fixed several server crashes
fixed mouse bugs in Options->Controls bind menus
Old 03-17-2009, 05:46 AM

Location: iowa... doesn't matter no ones heard of any iowa towns anyway

so i checked it out and have a question, did u keep the needed experience to reach top level the same?
Old 03-17-2009, 05:47 AM
Administrator

yes -- almost the exact same XP to reach max level
Old 03-17-2009, 05:56 AM

The tooltip in the friends list that tells me where friends are playing gives the server's IP address. But the server list doesn't list that, so it's not very helpful. It'd be better to include the title of the server (and maybe the number of players on it as well.)
Old 03-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Not sure if this is a new bug from this patch or if it's always been like this. I was disconnected from any game and I was talking through chat with one of my friends. I then updated my account and changed my display name. Once I did that it automatically connected me to the game server (I assume it was the one I disconnected from). I then changed my name back to the original (Maimer) and it again connected me back to the server even though I had disconnected again.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triped View Post
The tooltip in the friends list that tells me where friends are playing gives the server's IP address. But the server list doesn't list that, so it's not very helpful. It'd be better to include the title of the server (and maybe the number of players on it as well.)
it's on the list of stuff todo. maybe next patch ill get it in.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:05 AM

Flexible wings now feel too flexible, but it will take some getting used to.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
Not sure if this is a new bug from this patch or if it's always been like this. I was disconnected from any game and I was talking through chat with one of my friends. I then updated my account and changed my display name. Once I did that it automatically connected me to the game server (I assume it was the one I disconnected from). I then changed my name back to the original (Maimer) and it again connected me back to the server even though I had disconnected again.
haha that's cool. duno how that's happening.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:33 PM

For some reason, Miranda can repair with the repair drone even while using energy to charge the laser/bouncy shot. Not sure if this was intentional, but I think it shouldn't be able to repair while charging/using it's weapons. Not to mention all of the other problems with Miranda.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm3k View Post
For some reason, Miranda can repair with the repair drone even while using energy to charge the laser/bouncy shot. Not sure if this was intentional, but I think it shouldn't be able to repair while charging/using it's weapons. Not to mention all of the other problems with Miranda.
Repair drone requirement is no longer "have max energy". It'll "work" as long as you aren't using afterburner or taking damage. Reverse Thruster does work with repair drone (yay?).
Old 03-22-2009, 08:51 PM

blah reverse thruster is such a gimmic.

hey thats actually not a bad idea.

Maybe at later levels you can have gimmic perks that are rarely ever useful, but are fun to mess around with?

Another one could be Super Random: Every 30 seconds your ship and its perks will change. (Except for the super random perk)
Old 03-22-2009, 09:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to skywalker Send a message via MSN to skywalker

Reverse thrust is not a total gimmick, it's just rarely useful. I've seen it used for lobbing bombs. I use it for camping with the laseranda.