Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:28 AM

Default Powerup Suggestions

Here is a good list of all powerup suggestions posted here, many are from me but if you suggest one I will add it to the list.

Powerups should be able to backfire a small percentage of the time. That would stop some powerup abuse and just be funner since you would never know when it could backfire.

Powerup Suggestions:

Smoke Bomb
This would fill almost the entire area around you so no one can see for like 3 seconds except for the one who deployed the smoke bomb. It would have to be a rare powerup or it would be easily over used. Or it could just leave a trail behind you but not centered to you or they know right where you are.

Splitting Missile
The missile would split into many tiny missiles and would heat seek and speed up if you boost. It would cause little damage and a random 1 in 6 chance of making the plane stall.

Copilot
This would be either a seporate mini plane or a turret that would appear on the back of your plane. It would shoot the nearest enemy and cause small-medium damage.

EMP Cloud
This would look like a normal cloud and have minor lightning effects (some so if you focus you see it, but not to many that its obvious). If you fly into it you would stall and start to drop out of the sky.

Tricky Camouflage
This would change your plane color to the same color as your opponents. It would have a small trace of your real team color perhaps by the tail fin. When you boost it would slowly drip or peel off. Would last about 5-10 seconds unless you boost or do alot of firing.

Flak Cannon
It would be a turret that would appear on your ship. It would have limited ammunition say 5-10 rounds (depending on damage, 5 for medium, 10 for small). Then would just blow up small but cause no damage, or fall to the ground. The bullets would explode right before the enemy ship so it would have to have a good damage balance.

Gravity Vortex
This would fire a black hole looking vortex and all bullets and powerups you fire would curve towards the center of the vortex. It would be a mild pull so planes are not effected unless they are right next to it, or inside of it. Would cause medium damage to all who get sucked inside.

Robot Buddy
This would be like a missile you fire it and it would blow into 3 pieces (head, tail, and payload). The payload would then attach to an enemy like a turret on the back of them. This would cause small damage to them over time but would shoot any of the allies to the enemy it attached to. It would have small-medium attack damage to those on their team it hits and limited ammunition (5-10 rounds depending on attack power). The enemies allies could shoot it off them in 2 hits and when it explodes it would cause small damage. Otherwise when the ammo is gone it would jump off and then self destruct (causing medium damage to anyone right next to it).

Stealth Paint
This would turn you invisible and you would remain invisible until you fire a weapon or boost. You could still take damage while invisible. This way you could sneak up on an enemy then attack. The second you attack you would be visible giving them enough time to react.

Ally Ship Formation
This would cause ships to fly into formation around you. They would attack enemy ships and look just like you to confuse the enemy. The formation would be random so enemies don't know which in the formation you are. Then if you push the powerup button again they would break formation and chase any nearby ships doing very small damage. They would attack until they were killed or run out of fuel. While in formation they would run out of fuel slower but still do very small damage.

Goo Bomb
This would send a ball of goo a bit larger then your plane. Any enemy it hits would reduce the goo size slightly (3 goops would be a good number, that way it could hit 3 in a row if you aim it just right). It would just go in a straight line and when it attaches to you it would block your weapons for a few seconds (2-4). Boosting would make it either wear off sooner or catch on fire. If it caught on fire it would wear off in half the time but would cause medium damage.

Small Turret
You would drop a little turret that would aim and shoot anyone nearby until it either: runs out of ammo (10-20 rounds, small-very small damage), hits the ground and explodes on impact (causing medium damage to anyone down there), gets shot down (would take 5-6 hits, it would look best having a parachute which would have 5-6 strings so you could see how much health it has left), if it is shot 5-6 times it would fall towards the ground and if any plane was under it then it would explode doing medium damage. Or just crash into the ground and explode if no one is below it.

Bird Swarm, Attack of the Chickens!
It would be a cage and when you press the launch button a swarm of birds would fly out of the cage behind you and go in a random direction. There would be maybe 6 birds, 2 smart that are sort of heat seeking, the rest just randomly fly like the coms do. If you hit the bird it would cause your engine to stall and possible very small damage (mostly so if they die from it you get the kill).

Rubber/Bouncy Plane
This would make the plane bounce off walls kind of like a bouncy ball. You would not get crash damage from any of the walls you crash into, instead you would bounce off them. Then perhaps you could bounce around the screen like crazy and cause medium damage to anyone you hit while you are bouncing. Would last about 10 seconds or more depending on how much damage it does.

1,000 Pound Bomb
I do realize this is already in the game however I am adding a feature idea that was suggested. The bomb would have health that would be visible below the bomb or perhaps on the bomb. Every time the bomb gets hit with any weapon the health would go down. If it hit zero it would explode killing you and have a pretty big explosion that would kill any to close. Perhaps a 1 inch circle around your plane would be the damage boundaries.

If you have any other suggestions post a response and I will add them to here to the list. Please provide more details if you can, like I did for them all.

Last edited by TiamatStudios; 06-02-2008 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:06 AM

How about a powerup that gives you a little orb or copilot that shoots at the nearest enemy. Ya totally stolen from some old game but still sweet.

Like the smoke cloud an EMP bomb/cloud where engines power falls to 0 could be fun. Actually it would be a bitch.

For team maps a camouflage power up that changes your color to that of the opponents.

Having a variant of the turret that is a player controlled flak gun could be interesting too, though a ways off no doubt.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:16 AM

ha if you wanted a funner one have a powerup that makes a swarm of birds fly out behind you and would cause engine stalls but no damage (well a little so it would count as a kill if someone died from it)

you could even make some powerups have a backfire a small percentage of the time. So if you were firing a missle it would blow up as it left your plane just enough ahead to cause you slight damage and engine stall.

Perhaps a good powerup would be one that jams the the enemy it hits guns, call it like a goo bomb and just to sticky. Then they could boost to make it wear off sooner.

A hard but would be cool one would be a gravity alter. So bullets would curve and head towards the vortex and missles, powerups etc, but not the planes themselves or it would be rather annoying.

maybe a robot buddy, you fire it and it attaches to an enemy plane then when they get near allies it would shoot them. It would be a rather tricky powerup but really cool.

I would like to see an invisibility powerup to, one that makes you invisible until you fire a weapon. your weapons would have to be slightly slower at first so people could react.

maybe a powerup that would make a plane formation around you with some ally ships. They would have weaker attacks and defense but look just like you. then split and chase after an enemy until they die or run out of fuel.

I think fun powerups would be nice, like the chicken attack would just be funny. then some functional ones like invisibility, some tricky ones like robot buddy and the plane formation, and so on!
Old 05-22-2008, 06:56 AM

Default Another powerup suggestion!

Another powerup that may be fun is you drop a little turret that would aim and shoot anyone near by until it either: runs out of ammo (10-20 rounds, small damage), hits the ground and explodes on impact (causing medium damage to anyone down there), gets shot down (would take 5-6 hits, it would look best having a parachute which could have 5-6 strings so you could see how much health it has left), if it is shot 5-6 times it would fall towards the ground and if any plane was under it, it would explode doing medium damage.

Anyone else have suggestions for powerups?
Old 05-23-2008, 11:24 PM

Does Lamster or Karl really actually read these suggestions? I have never seen them reply to hardly any of them. Or maybe they just dont want suggestions?

Well in any case if you have a suggestion I will add it to the list and hopefully they will add most of them, at this point any would be nice.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Administrator

We ready every post on the forums. At the moment we are busy fixing bugs and implementing core features. When we are ready to add new features we will look to the suggestions forum for guidance. Until that time comes I can only say that we read and appreciate your feedback, ideas, and criticism.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
We ready every post on the forums. At the moment we are busy fixing bugs and implementing core features. When we are ready to add new features we will look to the suggestions forum for guidance. Until that time comes I can only say that we read and appreciate your feedback, ideas, and criticism.
Alright, I was just curious because you guys never seem to post into the suggestions forums. And alright, if you would like I could possibly help organize the suggestions better like I have done up above. That way when you are ready for the suggestions it would be easier to read and find them. Thank you for making altitude and reading our comments!
Old 05-24-2008, 02:14 AM
Administrator

Thanks! It's very helpful to have everything organized and consolidated as you've done here.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

I really like when there's lots of walls. Adding more powerups could change that, but some of these look fun. I'm not into the stealth stuff, and I hate shields that bounce (hey, what about one that makes planes bounce, like, crash-invincibility?), but most of the others look enjoyable in the right setting. So I'm all for them, but I beg mapmakers to give distinct flavour to their maps by using them at their discretion. Well, really I just love walls, almost as much as Blank does.

Blank could house all the homeless in New York with the amount of walls he's used so far. If Blank were more philanthropic he could have rebuilt up to seven flood-destroyed villages in third world countries (the villagers might get a bit angry when after a set time all of their houses spontaneously disappear). If I had a nickel for every wall Blank has used, the sheer mass of them would create a black hole which would destroy the earth. This black hole would be so massive that its gravity would reverse the outward direction of all the universe's matter and light, so that instead of a slow cold death by entropy the universe will be brought back together to explode into a new birth, the universe contained safe inside a singularity which no outside many-dimensional being could ever penetrate. You keep doin' what you're doin', Blank.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiamatStudios View Post
Does Lamster or Karl really actually read these suggestions? I have never seen them reply to hardly any of them. Or maybe they just dont want suggestions?

Well in any case if you have a suggestion I will add it to the list and hopefully they will add most of them, at this point any would be nice.
cat forums > /dev/null

oh wait no i dont do that
Old 05-24-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi* View Post
Well, really I just love walls, almost as much as Blank does.
Sometimes I'll log on and use walls when no one else is online.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I really like when there's lots of walls. Adding more powerups could change that, but some of these look fun. I'm not into the stealth stuff, and I hate shields that bounce (hey, what about one that makes planes bounce, like, crash-invincibility?), but most of the others look enjoyable in the right setting. So I'm all for them, but I beg mapmakers to give distinct flavour to their maps by using them at their discretion. Well, really I just love walls, almost as much as Blank does.

Blank could house all the homeless in New York with the amount of walls he's used so far. If Blank were more philanthropic he could have rebuilt up to seven flood-destroyed villages in third world countries (the villagers might get a bit angry when after a set time all of their houses spontaneously disappear). If I had a nickel for every wall Blank has used, the sheer mass of them would create a black hole which would destroy the earth. This black hole would be so massive that its gravity would reverse the outward direction of all the universe's matter and light, so that instead of a slow cold death by entropy the universe will be brought back together to explode into a new birth, the universe contained safe inside a singularity which no outside many-dimensional being could ever penetrate. You keep doin' what you're doin', Blank.
lol wow that many walls huh? perhaps not the nickle but just the walls will make a black hole and destroy the earth lol geeze blank geeze!
Old 05-24-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
Sometimes I'll log on and use walls when no one else is online.

whew dont destroy the earth like VI said with those walls. lol
Old 05-24-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
cat forums > /dev/null

oh wait no i dont do that
haha yeah, well its good to see you do read this, and tried to move my forum to the void of null
But in any case keep up the great work on the game!
Old 05-27-2008, 04:30 AM

Quote:
(hey, what about one that makes planes bounce, like, crash-invincibility?)
Should be an item, this.

There also should be more negative items. The anti-blank isn't that exciting. =(
Old 05-31-2008, 12:32 PM

Could be sweet if you gave the big bomb a separate health bar when carrying it. Reaches zero and boom.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajplagge View Post
Could be sweet if you gave the big bomb a separate health bar when carrying it. Reaches zero and boom.
So kind of like a fuse and if you take to long it would explode? Would be a good random backfire for it.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:20 PM

nah, I was thinking if people shot the bomb a couple times it would explode.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:26 AM

Quote:
That would be rather interesting I will add it to the list, thanks for the suggestion!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Shooting the person carrying the bomb delivers this same effect.