Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:01 AM

Default steam account -> mac

hi all,

i recently purchased altitude on recommendation through the steam sale (on the 4th march).

i use a macbook so i switched into bootcamp windows to install steam and purchase altitude, but then i was unable to run altitude as the video drivers weren't up to scratch. so i thought this is fine i will wait till i'm next home from uni, and download steam on our home pc and activate the altitude account here.

when i bought it, the official altitude website stated:
"* Steam is only available on Windows. If you purchase from Steam you must launch Altitude from Steam to register your key. Once your key is registered you can log in from anywhere (Windows, Mac, Linux). "

i'm now home so i did this on the pc and it runs fine. when altitude starts, it doesn't give me any option to switch users or change the log in details, it just logs in automatically, presumably with my steam account details.

so anyway, i'd now activated the account, and came back to my mac to play it. when i launch altitude on the mac, it gives me the option to enter the log in details. so i created an account with the same email address i used for my steam account, and logged into this. however it hasn't detected that this email address is associated with the steam account where i purchased it, so this hasn't link it and i'm stuck in the demo version.

now when i check the same official webpage, they have changed it to say:
"*Steam is only available on Windows. If you purchase from Steam you must launch Altitude from the Steam client. Altitude purchased from Steam cannot be run on Linux or Mac."

this is completely the opposite of what it said when i bought it!?

please can anyone advise how i can get my now activated steam account key so that i can link this to my mac altitude account?

if i'm unable to do this i can't play and it will have been a wasted, misguided purchase!

thankyou...
Old 03-30-2010, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

Hi there and welcome to the forum!

Please refer to this Sticky located at the top of the news subforum. If Steam diversifies to Mac when it says it will, you should be able to play it on either platform starting sometime in April/May.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:19 AM

thankyou for the prompt response.

that does suck for me though, i was eager to play it sooner than that!

do you think, is there a system in place, that if i contact either steam or the makers of the game that they may make an exception and provide me with the key, as when i made the purchase it was under the provision that i would be able to use this in the mac standalone version? would it even be possible for them to do this?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

Steam certainly won't (it's not going to go against its own system); as for the developers of this game I'm guessing it is unlikely. You can try sending a short message via the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page, but odds are if they haven't already seen this thread they will soon. It won't be much longer until Steam supports the Mac OS, so stick it out! The game's certainly worth it.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:57 PM

any updated news on when the mac steam support is going to be added for altitude?

i bought this thing ages ago and still can't play it!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

You can see lamster's response here. You should hopefully be able to play it through Steam for Mac in the next month.

Edit: Oops, didn't notice it with the new thumbnail image!

Last edited by Pieface; 05-17-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Lamster was right, Steam already has Altitude as a Featured Mac game on the front page of their website.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:16 PM

I see it in Steam's list of Mac games... but it doesn't appear in my account, despite purchasing it through Steam.

Is there something left to do to integrate it with OSX-Steam? Or should I submit a bug to Steam because it's not showing up?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:26 AM
Administrator

Altitude should show up in your list of games on Mac and PC.

Please contact Valve if it's not.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:31 AM

Actually, it literally *just* appeared. Along with an announcement of cross-platform multiplayer.

*shrug* they must've been waiting for something. Working now!