Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:59 AM

Default Failed Connections -Semi Resolved

Welp... seems like nobody has any ideas or doesn't care...

I've tried everything to get this game working...

Quadruple checked port forwarding, networking set-up, hardware, everything...

If you have an idea let me know... very shortly going to remove this program and forget it

So ultimately when I play the game on primary monitor (whichever one that is) I have no troubles... if I try to play on a non primary monitor I crash w/ seconds keystroke... highly annoying to have to switch around what monitor does what but it works this way... maybe can figure out the issue now that a work around is found...

Last edited by XaviorBowie; 04-09-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

From your previous posts it sounds like you are disconnecting from the tutorial, but isn't the tutorial hosted on your own computer? I don't get how you can disconnect from the tutorial. Are you able to connect to live game servers?
Old 04-08-2009, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
From your previous posts it sounds like you are disconnecting from the tutorial, but isn't the tutorial hosted on your own computer? I don't get how you can disconnect from the tutorial. Are you able to connect to live game servers?
same with game servers... here is the kicker... I can spectate all I want on any server as soon as I load and touch a key for movement on my plane I lose connection to server

as long as I don't type... anything I hit a second key on my keyboard I lose connection... WTF is this crap

Last edited by XaviorBowie; 04-08-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:24 AM

welp.... uninstalled USB root hubs, changed keyboards, rebooted twice still fails as soon as I try to move the plane or any other key with the keyboard, I can use mouse for other keys (firing weapons etc.)
Old 04-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Administrator

I appreciate the effort. Have you tried the latest video drivers from nvidia.com?

I'll add some extra debug checks in the next patch, but I don't know what's going on.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 AM

yes... latest drivers from nvidia... did a system wide driver update... all kinda of fun
Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Also, try disabling hyper-threading in your BIOS.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaviorBowie View Post
welp.... uninstalled USB root hubs, changed keyboards, rebooted twice still fails as soon as I try to move the plane or any other key with the keyboard, I can use mouse for other keys (firing weapons etc.)
can you clarify this? Are you able to play with the mouse? Is it just the keyboard that is causing the disconnect?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Administrator

if you wouldn't mind could you run:

Start->Run->Open->"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo\msinfo32.exe"

Then click File->Save (this will take a minute or two). Email that saved file to support@nimblygames.com.

Our bug reporter gives us less fine grained info.

You're problem is truly bizarre.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:28 AM

seems to be... if I use the mouse buttons as firing primary/secondary... I actually have level 11 just from spamming fire primary to spawn and such on my mouse... but if I touch anything on the keyboard I'm disconnected
Old 04-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaviorBowie View Post
seems to be... if I use the mouse buttons as firing primary/secondary... I actually have level 11 just from spamming fire primary to spawn and such on my mouse... but if I touch anything on the keyboard I'm disconnected

do you have a keyboard that can plug into the old school PS/2 port (not USB).

Also does the game disconnect you if you press ANY key on the keyboard or only a key that is bound under options->controls? For example, if you join a game can you press the 9 key and not get disconnected?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Administrator

wow you blew my mind. i never even knew ATI made a motherboard chip set for an Intel processor. Anyways I dont see anything obvious. My recommendations are make sure you are running these latest drivers:

Network card drivers:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...130/RTL8139B(L)

NVIDIA (video card)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvist...2.50_whql.html

ATI drivers(mother board)
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...ev=9.3&ostype=

Also one thing I did notice is that you're using a wireless USB card:
Linksys Wireless-G USB?

Do you play over wireless or wired? It might be worth a shot disabling which ever you do not use.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post

do you have a keyboard that can plug into the old school PS/2 port (not USB).

Also does the game disconnect you if you press ANY key on the keyboard or only a key that is bound under options->controls? For example, if you join a game can you press the 9 key and not get disconnected?
any key I was spectating and started to type in chat and crashed on the second key stroke

I do have a PS/2 port keyboard however, the PS/2 port on my board is faulty and doesn't always load WTF... lol

The Lynksys Wireless was a temp thing at one point.. I run LAN for connectivity

Installed the updates.. PS/2 keyboard hooked up, (its actually working without having to reboot several times

ARGH!!!! Happened again, as soon as a second keystroke is entered it fails connection

Last edited by XaviorBowie; 04-08-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Well since your problems might be keyboard related why not try another keyboard? Do you have an old one lying around or a friends you can plug in?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 PM

welp... Id on't know where the issue lies... I changed which monitor I was playing on to be my primary monitor and now I have no issues