Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:52 AM

Default Tbd_cube

Here is tbd_cube!
This is just a start so lots of critique would be wonderful.

Download Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?nndmnfwnx0w
Old 05-06-2010, 02:43 AM

Wow, this is good, can't wait to try it out.

First impressions: the main top piece goes down too far I think, making it difficult+less space to fly up there. Same kinda with the very bottom, not enough room to just fly fast down there.

The turrets closest to the middle, it would be a teams main objective to get those out of the way quickly. Because they are in areas where lots of stuff will be going on. I would place them on the backside of the top piece closer to the base, to deter a bomb run.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 AM

Looks good.
I think you should lower bases some pixels, to make people wanna bomb from the bottom route too.
Turrets look fine to me, but bottom turret should be closer to the base.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:41 AM

Looks awesome!
+1 to combat about the top polygon.
Maybe fill it up and make a path through it.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 PM

Default Very nice map

Some suggestions-

-More turrets, there are few turrets on each base, only one on the top and bottom

-The blocks seems to be a little crunched in the middle of the map. The corners beneath the base is too open, Lack of turrets, May influence camping.

-Easy bombing route. If you were to take your bomb and follow they highest path the entire way to the other teams spawn area you can easlily bomb their base without being hit by a single Turret bullet.

- Corners may need something to cover them up. Those areas (especially top) is very open for bomb rushes.

-This map reminds me of Core, you might want to think of that map or others while making changes.

The map is still great i must say!
I think there may be more things to be fixed but I never play TBD so I would not see a lot of the errors.
- Spartan Dolphin{ICE}
Old 05-06-2010, 01:47 PM

theres a bit of a core look to this map, to distinguish it more i would lower the base a bit like mandrad said, i would put two more horizontal pieces in the middle making a cross with the other vertical pieces to give more cover while passing through mid. and maybe move the lowest turret to the top..
Old 05-06-2010, 02:11 PM

yea move the bottom turret to maybe near the top somewhere as at the minute you can get the bomb take the top path without much turret resistence and lob it (all be it easily block)! aslo change background though i am guessing you got that planned already! hartz is greatttt at backgrounds btw, he might be able to give u some ideas =]!

move bases down a fraction

nip
Old 05-06-2010, 05:35 PM

Couldnt use it on map editor...........dang it....
Old 05-07-2010, 12:15 AM

I moved the turret down low, while adding two new turrets to the top (one above the base and one above the center). I also lowered the base down a bit and added a big obstacle thing thing in the middle for more coverage (Yay Andy!).

@ Nip - I can't do anything with the graphics, STACK did the graphics and I have no skill in photoshop whatsoever, I don't even own any painting program.

Download Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mnkga2eg2mq
Old 05-07-2010, 10:37 AM

IMO there are way too much obstacles in the middle (i prefer the previous middle to this one).
I also think that the new turret over the base should go away.
If the middle gets to be better solved i think it can be a very good dogfighting map.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:36 PM

I like the simplicity of the blocks. Makes it a good randa map for bounces.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrad View Post
I also think that the new turret over the base should go away.
I'd suggest it to be moved to the back of the lower white obstacle, in a place it would fire to people coming from the bottom route or from the middle. Maybe on that part that looks like a "/".

Also the top route may be a little to easy, as soon as you pass that tower in the center of the map (that shouldn't take to long to blow) you are protected by the obstacle and if you keep high enough you'll probably manage to keep off range of the second tower. When you are in range for the top tower to hit you, you're already on top of the base and with a nice descending speed to try and drop the bomb as close to the base as possible.

PS: I haven't played this map, so I'm guessing with the ranges.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Default Nice

I like the newer version of the map

The turrets near the center of the map may need to be placed somewhere a little closer to the base because they may ruin the midmap control between the teams. The turrets may want to be moved to the top of the map near the center Block, to help with the easy top bombing route. other than that i think the map loos great. The extra blocks added to the center will help with planes with repair drones, Shielding, and adds more to work with.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:35 PM

8 turrets for each team are way too many.. for the rest i think its fine to be tested, where can we find it?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:05 PM

so i played around with this map today and i came up with two solutions one is this tbd_cubev2.1:

MAJOR CHANGES FROM MASSI'S MAP:
- "core" is more spread out
- created more space in front of the base
- lowered the base
- moved turrets and removed 2 from the original map
- moved powerups so they are less team dependant
- added health in the powerup rotation so there are less powerups in play at the same time
- split the straight objects to place powerups inside them
- lowered the spawn points

this is tbd_cubev2.2:

This map has basically the same centre as the above version, but i have changed the bases so you can go around them and made it so the bottom route is more viable even though it has one more turret.

All credit goes to stack for the graphics and to massi for the original map, i only moved around the objects. constructive criticism is apreciated.

sorry for the grid i forgot to take it away before taking the screenshot, i guess its not a big issue so i wont take other screenshots.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:20 PM

I pick 2.2. Those are great Andy, could you put up a download link?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:26 PM

This is an extremelyranda and bomber friendly map, looks good!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:55 PM

@wolf i tried to balance it for every planes since it has some big openings and some narrow paths..

@others
If we decide which map is better and/or have a general discussion about the map i can make a final version, polish it (also if i suck at graphics) and give you a download link, atm i have both maps saved on the same map (like half map is one and half is the other) so when i get some feedback i will get back to work on it.. so please go ahead and discuss!!!