Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:59 PM

Default Bomb chase camera, and an option to make the ball/bomb camera the default

When I die I really don't care which other people are killing whom. I want to see the action around the ball/bomb!

In plane ball I can press C, but doing that every time I die is annoying. In TBD there is currently nothing I can do, as far as I know, except manually cycling through the players or using the free camera.

Suggestion 1: Add an option so that the chase camera is automatically activated upon death (can still be toggled off and back on by pressing C).

Suggestion 2: Add a bomb chase camera analogous to the ball chase camera.

If there is currently no bomb, this should just revert to the standard player chase camera.

If there is more than one bomb, it may be a bit tricky to determine which one would be best to look at, but I'd even prefer a random choice over the standard player chase camera.

One possibility is go down a list like the following and pick the first option that applies (TBD veterans may be able to suggest a better list):
  • the bomb being carried by your team that is closest to the enemy base
  • the bomb being carried by the enemy team that is closest to your base
  • the dropped/lobbed bomb previously carried by your team that is closest to the enemy base
  • the dropped/lobbed bomb previously carried by the enemy team that is closest to your base
  • the neutral/enemy bomb spawn position
In case of a spectator, read "your"/"enemy" as if it said "some". (Or perhaps it should be based on which team's based is damaged most?)

Thoughts?
Old 05-31-2010, 03:39 PM

I'm pretty sure that altitude remember your last view mode (i.e. if you were following the ball, when you die, the camera will be following the ball).
Old 05-31-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlopes View Post
I'm pretty sure that altitude remember your last view mode (i.e. if you were following the ball, when you die, the camera will be following the ball).
Not for me. When I die and select the ball camera, the next time I die I have to reselect it. (BTW, I use the Steam version of the game.)
Old 05-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

I agree with both of the suggestions. Free camera-ing to follow the action is always annoying while waiting to respawn.