Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:17 PM

Default my own suggestions

After playing the beta a bit (which is awesome btw) my biggest problem with the controls is the boost. I really think boosting should be set to a seperate key, because as others have said sometimes when I try to go full throttle, the plane boosts and uses up all my energy which I don't want to happen

Possibly it could be mapped to the S key, therefore boosts could only be used without a pick-up. For example I know already you cannot boost with a nuke so it would work like that.

Plane customization would be really cool. I know that is probably a last priority if any, but a color workshop where you could pick the colors of what certain parts of your plane would look like in FFA, such as a biplane, choosing the wing colors, tail color, and engine coil at the front.

Lastly, it appears this game is obviously going to be released to the public. A good way of making profit would to perhaps release enticing plane "upgrades" in a marketplace that would only serve an aethstetic purpose (such as a tail spoiler or lightning logo or flying banner behind the plane). If you've ever played the 2D sidescroller GunBound you might understand what I'm getting at.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:52 PM

Boost: I'd rather you just not boost unless your throttle is full. I don't like the idea of mapping it to S or adding a new button.

BTW, big bomb sucks. You're better off just rolling bomber for base damaging. Having the only arrow + no boost + can't pick up any useful powerups for 'blah' damage to base pretty much sucks all around.

Plane Customization would be an awesome way to tell your plane apart from everyone else provided you were the only one to see it (see halpmeh's post). Being able to choose a color/stripes or something. I think having a bunch of multi-colored planes in a team-based game would be very difficult to tell who's on what team.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
I think having a bunch of multi-colored planes in a team-based game would be very difficult to tell who's on what team.
I agree and that's why I said it would only be for FFA.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

I like the Idea of customizeable colours and I like the idea of being able to see other people's custom planes. I really like the idea of being able to turn the option off or mute specific players.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:57 PM

Profit source.

Biplanes + NASCAR like sponsorship = $$$

If we can get the Charlie Brown people to sponsor the loopy we are in business.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:57 PM

I have been taking notes in-game and compiled them into this list, this is just my personal opinion. I will continue to add to it as time goes on.

- should not be able to fire multiple specials at the same time, eg: having 2 walls up at the same time.
- altitude desktop icon should be smoother
- bomber tail gun is a higher resolution / more crisp than the rest of the plane
- bomber bombs should be weakened, tailgun should use slightly more energy
- explodet should be able to detonate a rocket after death
- loopy EMP should require more energy and be controlled for detonation like an explodet rocket instead of having a set range. it should also be slightly more effective.
- explodet mines should do less damage and have slightly less seeking capability, and slower seeking speed / or no seeking capability. Mines should also be destructable (planes able to shoot them down).
- miranda should have a different / more useful secondary attack and have more health and slightly slower turning.
- explodet should have more health OR be changed to have a sleeker / smaller profile.
- stars should appear for every kill scored with a maximum of 5 stars giving a 5% health increase (not damage) for each star (maximum would be 25%).
- loopy missiles should be weakened but it should be easier to "lock on".
- biplane secondary fire should have less recoil.
- biplane energy regeneration should be slightly quicker.
- unlimited ammo, invisibility, and "anti-blank" powerups should be added.
- plane color customization for FFA
- boost should use less energy
- purely aethstetic plane upgrades (tail banner, plane on fire, logo on the side, sporty tail fin, etc)
- unlockable / buyable classic plane models (can fly as old models instead of new ones, using same stats. I personally loved the look of the old explodet)
- more planes / unlockable planes
- all new powerups
- leveling or ranking system (im personally not a huge fan of this, but it's probably a good idea to implement a system just to keep people interested and motivated to play)
- a health pickup should only increase health by a percentage instead of a set amount to keep things balanced.
- sponsorship logo's (as ajplagge said)
Old 05-20-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBop View Post
- bomber bombs should be weakened, tailgun should use slightly more energy
- explodet mines should do less damage and have slightly less seeking capability, and slower seeking speed / or no seeking capability. Mines should also be destructable (planes able to shoot them down).
- biplane secondary fire should have less recoil.
- biplane energy regeneration should be slightly quicker.
What's with weakening the explodet and strengthening the biplane? Biplane is already damn strong in the right hands, and explodet is decent in the right hands. It takes some skill to set up mines then explode a missile so that your target goes flying into your minefield.

I don't know how the stats for each plane actually are, but with the exception of Loopy, Miranda and heat-seeking mines, they seem exactly the same as old Biplanes/Altitude before it went away.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm3k View Post
What's with weakening the explodet and strengthening the biplane? Biplane is already damn strong in the right hands, and explodet is decent in the right hands. It takes some skill to set up mines then explode a missile so that your target goes flying into your minefield.

I don't know how the stats for each plane actually are, but with the exception of Loopy, Miranda and heat-seeking mines, they seem exactly the same as old Biplanes/Altitude before it went away.
I also said explodet should have more health and / or be smaller.

I have nothing against explodet, it's my main plane that I've been using since it was released in the original altitude and I say these recommendations with great consideration.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

I very strongly disagree with an astounding number of things Bebop said.

STAY STRONG LAMMY! DON'T LET HIM CHANGE YOU!

Some sort of ranking system might actually be cool (remember King's program?). Though I'd want it to do kills per second as well as just kill/death ratio (for crazy players like me who often end up with both most kills and most deaths). Kills per second would be an awesomely hardcore stat, and one that doesn't penalize players who join mid-round.

Edit: just thought of the obvious problem that something like dueling will lower your kps score. Is there some mathematically proper way to deal with this, like kills per enemy per second or some such? Your kills per total kills per second? Math majors, go!

Last edited by Vi*; 05-20-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi* View Post
I very strongly disagree with an astounding number of things Bebop said.
It's OVER between us!