Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14
Default New game mode DTT

First off, I would like to thank Lamster for fixing the file so that I could export this map. Well Exodus and I were thinking of making a map for a game that we used to play in a server that we called "defend the triangle". It takes a lot of teamwork. So before I show you the map, here are the requirements for a DTT map:
1. The map must have 4 triangle-shape objects that somewhere on the map and at least one pathway to get to it.
2. The triangle must contain a "pocket" preferably in the shape of a goal that is used in ball.
3. The damage that objects on the map give must be 1, but the pocket must give 0 damage.
4. Some new game coding would be needed to make this sort of game mode (i.e have the pocket item and a timer as such in tdm).
5. Teams have 10 minutes to rack up the most points before the time runs out. In order to score a point, a teammate must stay in the pocket and gains a point for every 15 seconds that they stay in the pocket. They stop gaining the points if they die in the pocket, if they leave the pocket, or if an opposing team member gains control of it.
5. The map is played as a 9v9.
6. The map must be large and semi open so that it is able to contain the 4 trianglular spots and other space for defending it.

There are currently 2 maps for this game mode. One of them is named tdm_dtt_simple and tdm_dtt_hide_teams. These maps are playable on #DTT Game Mode Server#. I would appreciate if other people can host this as I feel this fun mode will be just as good as co-op. Thank you.

Updates:
- tdm_dtt_simple 1.0
- tbd_dtt_hold_the_triangle(2)

I would really appreciate if the devs would look into this as I feel a new game mode like this will keep some of the bored altitude players to stay and give them some new excitement to the game. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Greekjr14; 07-14-2010 at 04:35 AM. Reason: UPDATED OP NEW RULES AND GAMEPLAY
Old 06-19-2010, 02:57 AM

~Reserved for Map Pics~
-dtt_simple please note that the map is not that bright. The pic just came out bright.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:36 AM

Does it have to be a triangle?

It would be nice to see a King of the Hill sort of gametype. (If the Devs are interested, of course)
Old 06-19-2010, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
Does it have to be a triangle?

It would be nice to see a King of the Hill sort of gametype. (If the Devs are interested, of course)
Yes it does. Thats why its called Defend the Triangle lol but yea I think that this sort of mode could go a long way. A new way to make maps too. Oh and the triangle can be of any size, but preferably small so that it is a challenge to get into and control.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:16 AM

Can't find your server...
Old 06-19-2010, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
Can't find your server...
Sorry I sometimes forget to put it up. If you guys ever see me online remind me to put it up if its not up

EDIT: Also forgot to add in the rules that the plane scale for these maps are 90%.

Last edited by Greekjr14; 06-19-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Having walls that do no damage sounds really boring. Flying well is half the game in my opinion.

Also, I know how to program a "King of the Hill" type game mode using the server logs. If anyone is interested (and knows how to parse the logs) feel free to PM me and I will tell you how it would work.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
Having walls that do no damage sounds really boring. Flying well is half the game in my opinion.
Somehow I missed that... "obstacles" didn't make me think of walls, but of course. And how does that make people "try harder" ???

I really like the idea, and the map looks interesting.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:41 PM

Alrite then, I will make all of the objects do damage like normal except for the pocket.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:19 PM

Do you have a download of a map for DTT? I don't see a link anywhere.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWZzR View Post
Do you have a download of a map for DTT? I don't see a link anywhere.
No I have not put up the download link yet. I am fixing some things first then I will put it up.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post

Also, I know how to program a "King of the Hill" type game mode using the server logs. If anyone is interested (and knows how to parse the logs) feel free to PM me and I will tell you how it would work.
You should try contacting phong. He does the craziest things with log parsing.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:42 AM

OP has been edited so please reread if you have time I cannot remember exactly what I changed.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM

Default New Map

I really Like the map, other than the rules. It seems that on a shoot um up game, that Kills should be considered. The way to win under these rules is to simply fly around, don't do anything until the last 5 to 10 seconds, go in to kill and sit in the cup and win? Even though others have played hard, killed many times and may be more than twice the kills as you, but their score doesn't matter? Maybe you could get a programmer to make the map count the score of how long your team has sat in the cup to add points, and then at the end, the score really counts, rather than who was the lucky one at the last.
Other than that the concept is great!!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGirl View Post
I really Like the map, other than the rules. It seems that on a shoot um up game, that Kills should be considered. The way to win under these rules is to simply fly around, don't do anything until the last 5 to 10 seconds, go in to kill and sit in the cup and win? Even though others have played hard, killed many times and may be more than twice the kills as you, but their score doesn't matter? Maybe you could get a programmer to make the map count the score of how long your team has sat in the cup to add points, and then at the end, the score really counts, rather than who was the lucky one at the last.
Other than that the concept is great!!!!
lol is this becuase I am still undefeated? jk but I do like the idea of counting of how long each team has been in the cup. I do not know how you would be able to do that. I guess if the Dev's were interested they could make a new object to make in maps that does this sort of thing (i.e. a pocket,which would basically be a goal facing upwards, but a goal does damage which cannot be changed.)

Last edited by Greekjr14; 06-20-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:32 PM

You should do this like the 'domination' mode in modern warfare 2.
Make 3 points A,B,C it takes 5 seconds to take the point. For every 30 seconds you got the point you get 1 point. The map lasts 10 mins.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
You should do this like the 'domination' mode in modern warfare 2.
Make 3 points A,B,C it takes 5 seconds to take the point. For every 30 seconds you got the point you get 1 point. The map lasts 10 mins.
Again, I would love to try out all of these ideas, but there is just no possible way to do this without a patch giving a mapmaker such an object.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:35 AM

Please read the original post for a new idea and gameplay suggested by woken.