Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:33 PM

Default big planes are big!

I was just playing in the New England 1DM server, when all the sudden the server, apparently, decided to activate big planes mode. I managed to stop laughing for a moment to catch a quick screenshot:

It wasn't just me, but the nine other players also spawned with giant planes, making one giant blob in the spawn points.

This didn't only effect the visual size of the planes, but the hitboxes were equally enlarged. Almost everyone crashed in 2 seconds, thank god I had reverse thrust on

After I killed the last enemy (a loopy who crawled towards me verrrry carefully, lol) my plane popped back to normal size, and the problem hasn't come up since.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent skies View Post
I was just playing in the New England 1DM server, when all the sudden the server, apparently, decided to activate big planes mode. I managed to stop laughing for a moment to catch a quick screenshot:

It wasn't just me, but the nine other players also spawned with giant planes, making one giant blob in the spawn points.

This didn't only effect the visual size of the planes, but the hitboxes were equally enlarged. Almost everyone crashed in 2 seconds, thank god I had reverse thrust on

After I killed the last enemy (a loopy who crawled towards me verrrry carefully, lol) my plane popped back to normal size, and the problem hasn't come up since.
It's not so much as a problem as much as an admin goofing off. Admins in servers can change the plane scale and i've often had battles at gigantic plane size or super miniscule plane size. It's always amusing to see the game in that way
Old 06-29-2010, 12:02 AM

I've played ball matches in super-small at super-speed. Amazing lols.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:12 AM

Looks like Snow was in there from the chat logs. He likes to come by every now and then to amuse us with some plane scale mischief, as he is an admin of the NE servers
Old 06-29-2010, 04:08 AM

Oh, well, the more you know...