Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > News
FAQ Community Calendar

News Read announcements and change logs here.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Default patch - may 3rd, font improvements and miscellaneous bug fixes

Nothing much to discuss here, just a heads up

================================================== ===============
May 3rd, 2009

Improved rendering of large fonts

Fixed recoil bug, assorted non-gameplay bugs

================================================== ===============
May 1st, 2009

Altitude officially released!

Adjusted difficulty of training missions

Fixed a few bugs
Old 05-04-2009, 06:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to skywalker Send a message via MSN to skywalker

so no 0.05% reductions in flak tailgun damage and 0.1875% increases in laser time
Old 05-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

btw, regarding 2% changes & similar tiny adjustments... while I can't say for sure, I'm willing to bet that the reason for this was to push it over/under a threshold where it kills a plane in a certain number of shots.

llike to use an example, let's say a plane has 400hp. and let's say that a weapon does 100 damage. a 1% damage reduction there actually means that you have to shoot them 25% more times (until you get a bar), which is a pretty big nerf vs that plane, but doesn't affect its effectiveness vs a plane that has, say, 450hp.

it's a nice tool for adjusting specific plane vs plane balance without ****ing up a weapon's effectiveness vs the rest of the cast.

EDIT: Holy **** black outline makes the big font much better.

Last edited by DiogenesDog; 05-04-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
EDIT: Holy **** black outline makes the big font much better.
they always had black outlines o_O now the black outline is 2 pixels but the BIG difference is anti-aliasing...
Old 05-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Any possibility of making a server that only allows people with the full game to join? I am already tired of all these kids constantly complaining about having to buy a game they have played everyday for the past 6 months. Their sense of entitlement amazes me and I am having a hard time keeping up with the /muteplayer list while playing. Would be nice to have some refuge.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Administrator

We'll definitely add a "full-user only" option, but for the moment we're focused strictly on achieving critical mass, and it might hurt us until we have at least 2 servers full all the time. Look for that option in a few weeks.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
Any possibility of making a server that only allows people with the full game to join? I am already tired of all these kids constantly complaining about having to buy a game they have played everyday for the past 6 months. Their sense of entitlement amazes me and I am having a hard time keeping up with the /muteplayer list while playing. Would be nice to have some refuge.
this is a server feature we plan on adding in the near future. we just dont want to divide such a small community right now.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the responses. I realize that the last thing you want to do is have a new player try to join a game and he/she can't because they aren't allowed in the server and at the same time there are no servers with players on them that they can join. I just can't believe the attitudes of some of these kids today. It was the first time that I ended up muting more than 50% of the players in a game with a full server.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I honestly don't get it. Like if you thought the game was okay and played it now and then, fine. It's reasonable not to buy it. But any level 60 that's complaining about the $20 is just an asshole.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
Yeah, I honestly don't get it. Like if you thought the game was okay and played it now and then, fine. It's reasonable not to buy it. But any level 60 that's complaining about the $20 is just an asshole.
It's why I always wanted a closed beta. I think that making it open gave the idea that it was "free." In a closed beta people feel like they are obligated to a certain degree. I mean how many of the "beta testers" actually gave feedback. I would say we have a max of 100 people on these forums that actually posted during the beta.

As to what Dio said, I agree that I just don't get it when someone has been playing the game everyday for 2-3 hours for the past 6 months and then says something like "I am not paying 20 dollars for this, it's not worth it." Well then why did they play everyday for the past 6 months, wtf?! Assholes!