Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:55 AM

Default Background Isn't Staying Behind Planes

I looked through multiple searches, and couldn't find this.

I'm making a map, but when I go to test it, the backgrounds and other things I want to sit behind the planes stay in front of the planes. (for example, buildings that planes can fly through) How do I go about making it so the background stays the background? (Also, I looked through layers, so that isn't the problem.)

Last edited by Herodadotus; 07-07-2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:55 AM

Oops, forgot an entire section of sentence there. I mean, when I'm editing the map, everything looks good, but when I'm testing it out, I can't see where I'm flying, because of the background.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Create a new view in the View Editor by right clicking and selecting "Create New View." Name this view Background or whatever you want. Then make sure this view is above the Game view on the list. Then move everything you want to be a background image onto that layer.

If this doesn't make sense, I suggest opening a current official map and seeing how it's done. You can open any ALTX file in the editor. So for example, just open up TBD_Cave and see how it was done.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
Create a new view in the View Editor by right clicking and selecting "Create New View." Name this view Background or whatever you want. Then make sure this view is above the Game view on the list. Then move everything you want to be a background image onto that layer.

If this doesn't make sense, I suggest opening a current official map and seeing how it's done. You can open any ALTX file in the editor. So for example, just open up TBD_Cave and see how it was done.
Cool, thanks!