Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:58 PM

Default Ball Triangle

I made my first map today but i will need 1 person to do graphics and i will split community points equally. Please feel free to make suggestions. New to map maker ftw!

sorry image doesnt work here is the link
http://img8.imageshack.us/f/balltrianglecollapsed.png/

Last edited by alexjalen; 07-20-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjalen View Post
I made my first map today but i will need 1 person to do graphics and i will split community points equally. Please feel free to make suggestions. New to make maker ftw!
Ok well since your picture isn't showing up I thought I'd be nice and let other people see it.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium View Post
Ok well since your picture isn't showing up I thought I'd be nice and let other people see it.
fail.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:00 PM

AJUK STFU u troll everyone and if u read my first message and saw how many posts i have made, u should figure it out that some people cant figure out everything! GO TO ****ING HELL AND GO **** YOURSELF IN A BANNED ROOM!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Alex, it is simple. You need to copy the Image Address, not the URL and put the Image Address between [IMG] [/IMG] codes.

I meant no offense, I just thought it was funny.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:05 PM

My initial thoughts:

Good start!

However, there are some brutal choke points in this map at each corner of the 'rectangle' at mid. These are a bomber's wet dream, but imo won't make for very fluid gameplay.

To fix this, I would recommend
-Make the very top and very bottom routes much wider (can a plane even fit now?)
AND either
-Make the left and right sides of the rectangle shorter OR
-Make a gap in the left and right sides of the rectangle

edit: also, the top of the rectangle should be flipped upside down so that balls can't get stuck in the 'V's

edit 2: also, if you go straight out of the middle of the goals, the second triangle you hit should be moved towards the middle of the map so that planes can comfortably fly through that area.

Last edited by shrode; 07-20-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:50 AM

Still in need for a map artist! Desperatly, i will split the community points evenly! Map has been updated with Shrode's great suggestions! TYVM Shrode!
PLEASE HELP! I can't make artist works to save my LIFE!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:45 AM

Hmm.. I don't know man. I love the thought that people are motivated / inspired to create maps, but map art is the most time consuming part. It's also however the most rewarding.

I don't think you can fully appreciate the effort people put in to these things until you try it yourself.

I'm not sure what theme I could provide given
triangles, but I'd suggest trying to complete your vision artist. You've got the idea and the vision, just do your best to try and capture it
Old 07-22-2010, 12:48 AM

You can distribute community points? I was not aware that this was possible. Do explain.

In other news: Alex, please chill out, seriously. Ajuk did you a favor by showing the map in the thread. Additionally, he was quoting and making fun of Radium, not you. Morever, all he said was "fail". Your response was the equivalent of throwing your child out of the car, on a highway, because he told you that you missed your exit. It seems like you are new here, and I encourage your involvement, but going off on every other person isn't going to make this a very positive experience for you.

And in regards to what TRUEPAiN said: It is indeed very hard to get someone to do art for you, especially when this map is still a rough idea from what I can see in the screenshots. You should generate some base art and do some play testing / adjusting before you ask someone to spend significant time on making art for it, you'll have much more luck.