Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:42 PM

Default Windows 7

Does not like Altitude.

Don't think there's much you can do about it; I think it has to do with 7's OpenGL support. But a laptop that can run altitude on XP cannot run it in windows 7.

Just a heads-up.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Administrator

yeah, Windows 7 definitely has some OpenGL issues -- but that should change as the driver manufacturers catch up for official release. In the meantime a few people have had success running the beta Windows-7 drivers from ATI and Nvidia.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
yeah, Windows 7 definitely has some OpenGL issues -- but that should change as the driver manufacturers catch up for official release. In the meantime a few people have had success running the beta Windows-7 drivers from ATI and Nvidia.
Integrated intel graphics.

No luck for me, I think.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Administrator

From a random googling:

Quote:
Solved the problem. If anyone else has issues with Windows 7 and Intel chipsets:

The trick is that the drivers Windows Update installs don't usually include OpenGL. What I did was download the Windows Vista installer from Intel.com (since Vista and 7 don't really have any humongous fundamental differences that I know of), and run it in compatibility for Windows Vista. This tricked the installer into installing, and OpenGL is now up and running.
I can't vouch for it personally but it may be worth a shot if you don't mind messing with drivers. Be careful though, messing with drivers may screw up your system!
Old 06-27-2009, 01:52 PM

Yeah, that doesn't work. I have a Lenovo T500 with Intel Mobile Graphics 45, and none of the Vista graphics drivers install in any compatibility mode running Windows 7.

Looks like I'm also Altitude-less until Intel writes Windows 7 drivers. I thought 7 would be nicer than Vista, but maybe I'll just go back to XP.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:10 PM

Default Windows 7

I think what Goo is saying is that Windows will ask you if you want to create a separate partition or upgrade your OS...correct?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:39 AM

Fixed the problem. I had the wrong set of drivers.

If you have a "Mobile Intel 45 Express Series Chipset" or something like that, get your drivers here: http://bumptop.com/support/drivers.php
Old 07-02-2009, 07:47 PM

I had an interesting problem last night. While playing Heroes V, my screen resolution changed and suddenly became much brighter. After Heroes I jumped into Altitude but my drivers didn't work again. Somehow they reverted themselves while playing Heroes. I was able to re-update the drivers and get back on Altitude, but does anybody know why or how this happened?