Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

View Poll Results: Which of the Planes do you like best? You can pick more then one!
CQC Fighter 3 60.00%
Shadow Striker 2 40.00%
The Interceptor 2 40.00%
The Deflector 3 60.00%
I hate them all and am going to go be emo some more. 2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2008, 03:41 AM

Default New Plane Suggestion w/Poll

I think Altitude should add 4 extra planes with some or all of the abilities.
Plane #1: CQC Fighter: The plane is a medium sized quick turning fighter that has one distinct ability. Medium health/armor
Weapon 1: Medium range mini lightning ball, does small damage, but fires quickly
Weapon 2: Grappling arms/hooks when in extremely close range the plane can attach itself to another plane, and run it in to a wall, or fire a couple bursts.
An enemy would be able to escape by boosting, away from the ship.
Plane #2: Shadow Striker: Plane built to be stealth and allow the user to attack from the darkness. Low health/armor
Weapon 1: Shadow Ball can be charged when not in stealth mode similar to marauder, but moves slower and attaches to target for medium damage.
Weapon 2: Stealth holds the button to go invisible, still take damage, and is not easily detectable. If the plane is invisible the shadow ball attack will use all the energy left, but do more damage then a regular shot. It also slows thrust and makes the weapon recharge take a bit longer when shadow ball is used in invisibility.
Plane #3: The Interceptor: A nimble small plane with long range and close range weapons.
Weapon 1: Needle cannon similar to the needler on halo the needles will attach to the enemy and then explode after a brief time doing minimal on impact, then small explosion damage.
Weapon 2: EMP Needle it fires a small volley of needles shotgun style that does small damage, but makes it harder to turn upon remote detonation.
Plane #4 The Deflector: A medium or large plane that has the brief ability to deflect damage.
Weapon 1: Medium range Flak Cannon adequate fires rounds that explode upon or in close proximity to a plane doing damage to the range small AOE effect.
Weapon 2: Deflector shield when using the secondary weapon the plane will deflect medium damage for up to 2 seconds for instance it will activate for 4 seconds unless it deflects something which takes double what the health that would have been and takes it away from the boost. When the shield is deactivated it cuts the thrust by 25% leaving the plane vulnerable.

I can help create rough images and plane concepts images if you would like any feedback appreciated.

Last edited by Bladed_Thesis; 05-21-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:58 AM

The CQC plane grapple will last as long as the current weapon gauge when the enemy boosts it will drain at a faster rate. The CQC plane stalls and the attatched plane carries it. While grappling the plane can use its first weapon to do small shock damage to the grappled plane instead of throwing it. The grappler could also use directions to swing the plane depending on the amount of time and its weight. More effective against smaller planes, but small planes can escape faster, less effective against big planes, but harder for them to get out.
The Shadow ball on the Shadow striker will damage after short intervals of time, depending how much it was charged will be how much damage it does or how long it lasts.
The deflector flak cannons have very slow fire rate.
The interceptor needles allow for a strategic quick plane that can follow planes easier then the biplane because it is more maneuverable, but less powerful.

Last edited by Bladed_Thesis; 05-21-2008 at 04:04 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:12 AM

Default Those are Great Suggestions!

Those are the best plane suggestions I have seen yet, I hope they add some if not all of them. It would be fun to grapple on to other planes and shock them. Then to be invisible and sneak up on enemies and be like a silent assassin.
Also being able to shoot needles that stick in a plane and do damage overtime would be cool too.
The deflector would be great and perhaps the secondary would send it back towards the one who fired it.
Great suggestions I hope they like it as much as I do!
Old 05-21-2008, 04:30 AM

1- Hooks sound kinda interesting. I like the tow-cable idea but have no idea how well it could be implimented.

2- You can't use boost while using either primary or secondary fire (currently). Regardless, I'd rather see stealth as a powerup than a plane ability. I don't like the idea of a plane with only one attack (which is why I disliked Miranda until the teleport-attack was revealed to me ;O).

3- So basically a loopy except worse?

4- Plane immunity to damage is fairly ridiculous, even for 2 seconds. I'll settle for the shield powerup making a return.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 AM

Plane 1 sounds like Loopy, Plane 2 sounds like the Miranda, Plane 3 sounds like the Biplane mixed with a bomber or something, and Plane 4 sounds like the Explodet.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to skywalker Send a message via MSN to skywalker

Vote Description:
I hate them all, but the deflector is the best of the choices given.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:11 AM

Default Give suggestions not insults!

Seriously you guess all insult the best plane suggestions i have read on here? Why not instead of insulting offer suggestions so we can get new planes into altitude so it will be even more fun? The planes suggested are quite different from the original planes, yes some similarities like armor strength perhaps a weapon or two. But still they sound like they would be more interesting and require more skill then some planes like the loopy with its heat seeking crap.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:39 PM

I like the grapple plane concept alot but I really don't like the other weapon it has. Maybe a buzz saw would be cool and when you grapple the plane closer you can tear it up, and the only way to escape the grapple would be to boost around it, because maybe it would only last for a certain amount of time. For a grapple plane it might also be a good idea to make it have more health and slower turning so it's easier for other planes to escape. The problem with a grapple plane is that the game would need to have a more advanced physics system.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:33 PM

Default Customizable Planes

Perhaps we could also have a customize plane option.

You would have a set number of points like about 10 and be able to adjust defense, attack, speed, weapon choice, etc.
Then you could make your own planes and it would require more skill and would be even funner!
If someone did all attack anything would kill them one hit so they would have to have defense, if they dont add speed they would be as slow as having the big bomb. So you would have to create your own balance and the plane would more suit how you play.

For instance you could choose what kind of weapons from a list say the bomb, then you could choose a primary weapon like a laser beam. Then you could adjust speed, defense, attack, looks, etc.

It would need some balance so it would not be cheap but if we could customize 5 of our own planes and choose them where we choose planes it would be really fun. In the long run it would be easier to add ships and such as well.
Different weapons would cost more to have and add weight. Armor would add defense and also weight, so you would need to balance speed. Weight may be the best choice to prevent overpowering a plane. Then you could only add so much and not everything, but points could do similar so either way.

You would be able to change the plane colors, plane shell, then the planes attack, speed, armor, and so on.

Last edited by TiamatStudios; 05-24-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:12 AM

VERY MUCH YES TIAMAT

The hard thing is, all of the attacks would still have to be hard-coded since they have wierd effects. =/ But if a small library of attacks was set up, that would be epicly sweet.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pondermatic View Post
VERY MUCH YES TIAMAT

The hard thing is, all of the attacks would still have to be hard-coded since they have wierd effects. =/ But if a small library of attacks was set up, that would be epicly sweet.
Yep that would be the plan, then every user would have different planes to better suit them.