Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:52 PM

Default Stupid

So im in a room asking anyone wants to join my new clan(The Team)and two smarties thought it would be funny to change theyre name to {TT} Sucks C*ck and {TT} Turtle,pretty much putting a bad rep for my already no rep clan,can an admin do something about this?

Also theyre using very profound language.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:54 PM

Nope. People are free to change their names any way they want. The best you can do is make a roster and establish yourselves so that people know who is actually in.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
Nope. People are free to change their names any way they want. The best you can do is make a roster and establish yourselves so that people know who is actually in.
Okay,and yeah got one in clan section.
Thanks.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:10 PM

Oh and while im here im having trouble making a server,i get a firewall error but i already freed altitude of the windows firewall?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:27 PM

Of course, you mean "profane" language </grammarnazi>

I had someone change their name to insult mine once because they were sick of me beating them... I took it as a compliment [free weekends are crazy ]

On topic though, I wouldn't mind if there was some sort of censorship of names, just b/c of profanity. I don't really care, but there are young kids that play this game, etc...
Old 09-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Oh and while im here im having trouble making a server,i get a firewall error but i already freed altitude of the windows firewall?
You should consider posting in the tech support forum for assistance with this question. The people that can help you with that usually don't read threads in this forum.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naethy View Post

I had someone change their name to insult mine once because they were sick of me beating them... I took it as a compliment [free weekends are crazy ]

On topic though, I wouldn't mind if there was some sort of censorship of names, just b/c of profanity. I don't really care, but there are young kids that play this game, etc...
Any kid with enough age and mental capacity to install and play this game has already heard the bad words.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:32 AM

Profanity? In my Altitude? Why I never.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:26 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naethy View Post

there already is a name censor if you turn on the curse word filter

http://tec27.com/altbouncer/#0|36|2d...ceae7607b46910

44/45
Old 09-15-2010, 07:41 AM

Why are Americans so sensitive to "bad words"?
It doesn't add up.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammelonkel View Post
It doesn't add up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puritan
Old 09-15-2010, 11:47 AM

I know, I know, Puritans and all...
Just thought fundamentalism had a negative vibe to it in the states
Old 09-15-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
It doesn't add up.
Because Americans are stupid.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Quote:
It doesn't add up.
Oh yes it does.

There are so many "hate" laws in America - specifically California, that if you even say some choice words in a public place, you could get sued BIG time.
And I don't think most American's are sensitive to bad words - especially when they speak "bad words" in displaying happiness or friendship. lol.
Your talking about the 1700's pal.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:28 PM

Now that the internet has arrived in our lives, people have become more and more preoccupied with clinging to an arcane standard that dictates that cursing is something to be frowned upon. You see this same kind of thing in eras when the car, the airplane, the steam engine etc. were new. Most people, especially Americans, don't like change. It frightens them and leads to the formation of all kinds of insane conspiracy theories. Couple this with the fact that the internet has given any weirdo with a computer access to the eyes and ears of millions, if not billions of people all over the world (case in point: me), and you can see how the crazies on the fringe of society have become so well known, and how their ideas have become associated with those of everyone in their group (i.e. - a country, a city, a neighborhood, a political ideology).
Old 09-15-2010, 10:21 PM

I was there to see this happen. A suggestion, as I've seen it more than once now:

Incessantly spamming "reports" of what just happened ingame (i.e. "Got you good that time" after each kill) gets tiresome. Followed by smack talk about how you dominate or will at some future point get revenge kills, and then asking "so who wants to join my new clan!!!11one" is a pretty good way to ensure that some smarmier player is going to namechange/troll you.

There's such a thing as talking too much, not that troll namechanges are an elegant response to this.

--echo

Last edited by Echo Mirage; 09-15-2010 at 10:22 PM. Reason: typographical/syntactical errors due to emotional instability
Old 09-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Mirage View Post
I was there to see this happen. A suggestion, as I've seen it more than once now:

Incessantly spamming "reports" of what just happened ingame (i.e. "Got you good that time" after each kill) gets tiresome. Followed by smack talk about how you dominate or will at some future point get revenge kills, and then asking "so who wants to join my new clan!!!11one" is a pretty good way to ensure that some smarmier player is going to namechange/troll you.

There's such a thing as talking too much, not that troll namechanges are an elegant response to this.

--echo
I'd like to see his reply to that!

Don't smack talk, srsly.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:17 AM

The view that cursing being bad is some sort of antiquated standard is "overthinking it," so to speak. Cursing is viewed negatively by definition of the words used.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser1117 View Post
The view that cursing being bad is some sort of antiquated standard is "overthinking it," so to speak. Cursing is viewed negatively by definition of the words used.
You just killed the topic Let's start it up again by asking for a response from Joe. Joe, are you really so obnoxious ingame that it made two people change their names and harass you?