Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:33 PM

Default Post ACE APL

So recently I quit competitive altitude directly due to losing to KLF and indirectly cause of the whole team experience. In the past few weeks I've witnessed people undermining teams, stealing players and basically doing everything that their moral boundaries would permit them. I feel this trend started after APL 3 when Bongs Bitches were just scavenged by other teams. Nowadays people are switching teams daily and the politics that started to show up with the advent of APL4 are mindboggling to me. Sure ACE and fLb as the greats of old talked smack here and there but we at least tried to keep our teams clean. As there are no prizes for winning APL I am stumped as to why people are being like this. Is this just me overidolizing the game or is this a real problem with the game since its supposed to be just "mindless" fun?

P.S. This mostly concerns top tier teams, they know who they are

P.P.S. Yes I know the title is corny, I just wanted to get peoples attentions. I'm not concerned with giving ACE some godlike status :P
Old 10-16-2010, 02:49 PM

Pot and Kettle, may be someone calling someone black.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
Pot and Kettle, may be someone calling someone black.
Can you please elaborate on this, cause i really don't get what you're aiming at. But then again you like to pop in with your ad hominem remarks :P

EDIT: If this is some shot at ACE I don't really get it, the only player ACE got from another team was eth when he had already quit fLb :P
Old 10-16-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormich View Post
Can you please elaborate on this, cause i really don't get what you're aiming at. But then again you like to pop in with your ad hominem remarks :P

EDIT: If this is some shot at ACE I don't really get it, the only player ACE got from another team was eth when he had already quit fLb :P
it's easier to complain then to join a team and fix it. You joined TC and quit rather then fix it, they lack strategic backbone so give it to them, build what you feel is missing.

But then again, it is easier to complain.

Also, from what i've seen those who were very good and left then came back to competitive games are a lot weaker then they were, maybe people have gotten better and they have gotten very rusty, maybe a combination. Hopefully altitude can start looking beyond believing players who left/came are at the same level relatively then they were before. Watching KLF beat TC, a steam studded with a sprinkling of "old school pros" showed that more then ever.

Personally, I am quite happy ace is gone, the rage that team had, and the sense of entitlement - and stemming from that how they treated all other players is not something I miss. Something I was quite reminded of when someone got handed a 20 year ban for insulting ace on mumble.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
it's easier to complain then to join a team and fix it. You joined TC and quit rather then fix it, they lack strategic backbone so give it to them, build what you feel is missing.

But then again, it is easier to complain.

Also, from what i've seen those who were very good and left then came back to competitive games are a lot weaker then they were, maybe people have gotten better and they have gotten very rusty, maybe a combination. Hopefully altitude can start looking beyond believing players who left/came are at the same level relatively then they were before. Watching KLF beat TC, a steam studded with a sprinkling of "old school pros" showed that more then ever.

Personally, I am quite happy ace is gone, the rage that team had, and the sense of entitlement - and stemming from that how they treated all other players is not something I miss. Something I was quite reminded of when someone got handed a 20 year ban for insulting ace on mumble.
This has nothing to do with ACE or with any single team for that matter, I'm not discussing what teams can and cannot do. I was just stating that altitude has become "corrupt" in a way. You turned this into something personal. I wish I had my deserved admin here so I could close this thread. Shouldn't have even bothered opening anything with any meaning in this forum.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:

You are forgetting apathy
Old 10-16-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
You are forgetting apathy
Oh yes, I'm sorry, not that he ever played for ACE afaik lol
Old 10-16-2010, 04:12 PM

ìmo I think the fact you quit instead of tried to fix it makes you part of the corruption. Hence pot and kettle. If you made this post, rejoined TC, and helped them gain some strategic balance I would take it with much more salt. I think you could turn it around fairly easy by working with andy on setups and strategy.

Everything else was because you said I go ad hominem, so I went ad hominem in a few different directions. I've been thinking some of these things for a while, so why not here.

Edit: Am i reading this right, telling teams they are corrupt and doing it wrong is in no way talking about what they can/should not do? ....

Edit 2: When I read ad hominem I read it in my head as off topic I don't really see my things here as being that attacking...

Last edited by CCN; 10-16-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
So recently I quit competitive altitude directly due to losing to KLF and indirectly cause of the whole team experience. In the past few weeks I've witnessed people undermining teams, stealing players and basically doing everything that their moral boundaries would permit them. I feel this trend started after APL 3 when Bongs Bitches were just scavenged by other teams. Nowadays people are switching teams daily and the politics that started to show up with the advent of APL4 are mindboggling to me. Sure ACE and fLb as the greats of old talked smack here and there but we at least tried to keep our teams clean. As there are no prizes for winning APL I am stumped as to why people are being like this. Is this just me overidolizing the game or is this a real problem with the game since its supposed to be just "mindless" fun?

P.S. This mostly concerns top tier teams, they know who they are

P.P.S. Yes I know the title is corny, I just wanted to get peoples attentions. I'm not concerned with giving ACE some godlike status :P
I can only assume you're talking about me and my team with this post. If you aren't please disregard everything below this.

******************Disregard if you aren't talking about me*************

I think my issue with your post is because you seem to attack the teams over the players. I also think you misinterpret many of the actions that have taken place.

Is it wrong if one of your friends wants to leave one team to join yours? I mean - look at woken and sinstar on my team. I like sinstar - he's one of my better friends in altitude. He had mentioned he wanted to join sammich because of the atmosphere of my team. He requested that woken come along because he really wanted to play with woken. I invited woken knowing fully well that I did not need another explodet so that my team would be happy. Was I out to get TC? Hardly. I really liked TC and I wanted to see them succeed. I even told Woken that I think he should go back to TC and eventually he did just that.

A few weeks ago half of sammich was inactive or had quit. I was trying to find players who I was friends with or who I enjoyed playing with to join my team. Last APL many players expressed that they wanted to join sammich. At the time I wasn't really prepared to handle that. However, with a few weeks to go I had to get my act together. I sent out feelers to see who still might be interested. I was simply trying to do the best I could to get a team to field consisting of players who wanted to be on sammich and who were active. Every single apl I've had issues with some members of my team abandoning me during playoffs due to real life things. I did not want it to be the case that every Sunday I was worried if we would have 5 people. I extended an offer to CCN asking him to help me out (this was after he quit fLb). I asked every sammich who I saw active at the time if that was ok and they all seemed fine with it. I didn't even know you were even going to be active at the time as it seemed you had quit altitude. I also did not realize how much hatred you have for CCN.

Anyway, since CCN joined, you and many other members of old school ace have been negative to me and to my team. You talk about just wanting to have fun - which is all I was trying to do. I, personally, enjoy CCN. Have I always agreed with him in the past? Hardly. Do I think he can be a dick sometimes? Sure. I even talked with CCN beforehand and told him what I expected out of him to be in my team. So far he has not let me down.

In your posts replying to CCN you're talking about how he should keep ACE out of this - but I feel it's worth mentioning. You/ACE and CCN have hated each other for a very long time. It seems to me like you're both going on old grounds to attack each other because you are both so defensive and hate the other one for doing certain things.

Did I hate ACE and think you guys were total dicks back in the day? Yes. In fact I still see it with some of the ACE members. Nonetheless, I try and step back and get a feel of where you're coming from. It's not as if I've never raged or been angry at failure. Even though I disagree with many things ACE members have done over the years - I have been making a strong effort to understand all of you better and look past the old school hostilities. I've even come to like some people like curious despite the fact I used to hate him.

Did I dislike like CCN back in the day? Yes. If you go back through my old posts you can even see us arguing about things like whether moderators should be in official 1-3. I saw CCN being rude to other members and other things. However, if you stop trying to look for him being nasty and you start trying to understand what he's getting at - he has a lot of valid points to make. Part of the reason why he seems to go ad hominem with you is because you seem to go ad hominem against him. He feels like he's constantly under attack.

This same statement goes towards CCN - you shouldn't let the ACE members get your goat. I know it's hard to do and I know you feel like they're all trying to attack you - but if you can remain cool then it might help cool things down a bit. Instead of trying to insult storm - perhaps you could try and be more polite and not resort to ad hominem even if you feel you are being attacked.

But ya storm - not to be rude or anything - it is a lot harder to try and keep going when things are down. When I first joined fLbSS we were not the team we are today. It took months of talking, planning, strategizing, practicing, etc to get us to where we are. When we first fought ACE we lost hands down. We simply did not keep our cool. The next time we fought ACE we managed to win - even if it was not by a significant margin. When I look at the other teams in this tourney - I try and talk with my team to figure out how to battle against them. It's all part of the fun for me.

I'm truly sorry that I've damaged the fun of this game for you with the way I recruited some of the members of my team. I was simply trying to field a team that would be active - I had no intention of trying to destroy the competition or make this game any less fun. If I had known how angry it would have made you to do what I was doing - I would have definitely talked with you beforehand and tried to get your opinions on everything. I simply did not think you were playing anymore.

Last edited by mikesol; 10-16-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:13 PM

is there an undeworld blood feud between sammies and koreans that has been raging for hundreds of years?

should i call kate beckinsale?
Old 10-16-2010, 05:53 PM

wat
We already have the godlike status Storm.

Also, always loved Sammich and always will. Well, while there's mike, mat and ufo in it as they're some of the people I enjoy playing with the most. And there's also many other people on sammich I like as well. Never had a problem with CCN (well, actually I did but it was really a long time ago and tbh today I don't care and I don't even remember what it was about).

When I talk trash on the forums it's always in the spirit of competition, I'm a provocateur, that's what I do. By now I'm pretty sure you know it.
Yeah sure it went pretty far with fLb but Kuja is even worse than me so obviously we had some pretty nice clashes. It all made Summer League and APL2 even better in my opinion.

Even if today I'm not involved in competitive altitude, and not willing to (despite many different teams trying to recruit me, including fLb <3), I don't mind people changing teams often. Once again, I feel like it's in the spirit of competition and forces the captains to be on their toes all the time.
I had the chance to never experience this as I always recruited only people I liked and I knew well for a long time, so it would nullify the chances of people jumping ship. I recommend you do the same if you want to avoid it. It also creates the best environment for communication and therefore teamplay.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:48 PM

Just like to point out that I edited an above post I misread ad hominem as off topic and used it accordingly, I don't really feel my posts in this thread come as ad hominem. Some people may (seem to?) be viewing them as harsh but i'm not sucking on any hatorade, if others wish to hatorade on me thats up to them.

Players like Tyr I have nothing against, he's honest and plays it cool in my book, I didn't dislike all of ace. I've been trying my bestus to stay away from the ad hominem attacks . I may have issues with individual players and generally most people do. If people feel i'm getting out of line send me a pm and ill think on it. Sometimes I do get a bit heated.

A long time ago I did not add that much to the community i've been trying to make my amends. Old fires die low, an example of which would be I think me and Evil are on decent terms now.

So if we can ditch this whole huge derail aside, the point is storm, make TC better and bond the members, show through example.

Last edited by CCN; 10-16-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:36 PM

It wasn't just Sammich, other teams have also been guilty of player poaching. I may be wrong at accusing teams and maybe should focus on players clanhoping. I wasn't trying to attack anyone, I just feel the game/teams have gotten overcompetitive for a cute 2D plane game. Maybe it's a bit hypocritical of be since ACE was probably the most competitive team there evere was. Maybe the game is just passing me bye and I'm pissed lol.

Regarding TC, I'm probably one of the lower ranked ladder players on it so they don't really need me, as Woken pointed out. (This thread was not supposed to target anyone and was not about TC)
Old 10-16-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
It wasn't just Sammich, other teams have also been guilty of player poaching. I may be wrong at accusing teams and maybe should focus on players clanhoping. I wasn't trying to attack anyone, I just feel the game/teams have gotten overcompetitive for a cute 2D plane game. Maybe it's a bit hypocritical of be since ACE was probably the most competitive team there evere was. Maybe the game is just passing me bye and I'm pissed lol.

Regarding TC, I'm probably one of the lower ranked ladder players on it so they don't really need me, as Woken pointed out. (This thread was not supposed to target anyone and was not about TC)
What a joke
Old 10-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Haha I didn't even mention your ladder rank after you left. All I said was how it was funny that you were rusty, blamed everyone else for playing poorly, and then rage quit the clan after losing one match.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:32 PM

ladder ranks kinda an indicator with huge variance, not always applicable :/
Old 10-16-2010, 09:45 PM

Part of the reason I joined sammich was I was tired of how overly seriously this game was being taken and convincing Kuja to mellow out is like trying to persuade a starving tiger to not eat humans.

Also lol @ ladder ranks meaning anything.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
Part of the reason I joined sammich was I was tired of how overly seriously this game was being taken and convincing Kuja to mellow out is like trying to persuade a starving tiger to not eat humans.

Also lol @ ladder ranks meaning anything.
also you missed CCN imo
<3
Old 10-17-2010, 01:46 PM

i dont get why all u whiny bitches gotta leave fLb for....

p.s love yall anyways <3
Old 10-17-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingbo View Post
i dont get why all u whiny bitches gotta leave fLb for....
...Lobstars. It's the cool thing to do!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
So recently I quit competitive altitude directly due to losing to KLF
Have you met my friend?
Old 10-18-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
So recently I quit competitive altitude directly due to losing to KLF and indirectly cause of the whole team experience.
Aw, this is really sad. Almost wish we lost.

Why is this a big deal in what a fun game this is?
We might even meet again in this APL! So now would be the time to talk to ur friends and see what u can do to win from us. Not quiting !? U and I don't wanna remember this as "after KLF Stormich left".

Play with your friends or leave!? My choice is easy cause all KLF are my friends.
Good post Mikesol. In the end thats what u mean I think.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEP View Post
Aw, this is really sad. Almost wish we lost.

Why is this a big deal in what a fun game this is?
We might even meet again in this APL! So now would be the time to talk to ur friends and see what u can do to win from us. Not quiting !? U and I don't wanna remember this as "after KLF Stormich left".

Play with your friends or leave!? My choice is easy cause all KLF are my friends.
Good post Mikesol. In the end thats what u mean I think.
ya KLF has great players which more then half of them started in KLF and stayed loyal. i don't see whats the big deal to losing to KLF in past and present APL's. May i remind you we beat flb last APL also won one game against sammies i think or some other great clan. So deal with KLF being one of the top dogs, we are here to stay.

As for clans stealing players, im always sad to see a clan break up. I see it as the more the merrier and i try to help clans stay together now. thats why i became so involved in new clans to help them gain player support and to teach them how to read your teammates well. ie [51]. Altitude will gain people as time goes on good players will come and KLF is there with open arms i don't know about the "higher" clans but they sometimes "steal" players from "weaker" clans.

Last edited by mled; 10-18-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:10 PM

KLF propaganda is always good for a laugh.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
KLF propaganda is always good for a laugh.
u are an annoying little child Kuja
never a positive thought
ur sad
Old 10-18-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEP View Post
u are an annoying little child Kuja
never a positive thought
ur sad
No propaganda bud. KLF recruits many new players who some stop playing altitude and some leave KLF in the future and some stay with us. But your clan recruits older more experienced players. Im just saying i think we do more for altitude then you building up players wise