Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:04 AM

Default Grasslands!

I have created the grasslands and scaled it up so it has a pretty good classic feel about it. Also I have tried to make it look nice with textures, if you have any great textures send them to me and I will edit it.
If you edit it please leave the credit to me inside of it for originally creating it. Also I would be glad to see the edit if its better.
I realize it has vertical scrolling however I tried the different sizes and this one had more of the classic feel with its size also it would be better for bigger battles.
Enjoy!

Here is a link to download it. (This one looks really nice I spent alot of time on it)
Reduced Version here is a link to download it. (This one looks good and is a reduced size and does not vertically scroll)

Last edited by TiamatStudios; 06-03-2008 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:35 PM

Downloaded and tested, heres my .02:
-You indeed made it bigger, Too big tho!, although the planes are indeed bigger,
as karl said there is much more on screen using the default screen resolution! therefore. Grasslands should not be vertically scrolling(unless your using 800x600 or lower).
-Grass/ground should be flat(atleast the collidable part)
-It's prettier than sky's, i think I like the clouds, not sure(tho i would prefer moving clouds of course).

Because its too big and grass isn't flat, I'm sticking with sky's for now...
Old 05-30-2008, 03:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to skywalker Send a message via MSN to skywalker

yes, it shouldn't be vertically scrolling. SO EVERYONE SHUT UP

can you give me the textures though? cuz i herd people like them better than mine which i googled. and then lams will tell me how to export a modified map and then we will have an awesome grasslands
Old 05-30-2008, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King! View Post
Downloaded and tested, heres my .02:
-You indeed made it bigger, Too big tho!, although the planes are indeed bigger,
as karl said there is much more on screen using the default screen resolution! therefore. Grasslands should not be vertically scrolling(unless your using 800x600 or lower).
-Grass/ground should be flat(atleast the collidable part)
-It's prettier than sky's, i think I like the clouds, not sure(tho i would prefer moving clouds of course).

Because its too big and grass isn't flat, I'm sticking with sky's for now...
I had it where no vertical scrolling was needed however I did not like it, I figure for 10 people or so battling at once it would get chaotic. I tried flat ground and with textures it just looked awful. Im glad you like the clouds I made them from scratch
I do not think I can make the clouds move yet.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker View Post
yes, it shouldn't be vertically scrolling. SO EVERYONE SHUT UP

can you give me the textures though? cuz i herd people like them better than mine which i googled. and then lams will tell me how to export a modified map and then we will have an awesome grasslands
Vertical scrolling looks alot better, when I tried it without it was just to small so I made it a bit bigger. I would prefer to use mine for grasslands since I quite literally went based off the original then gave it a more natural look.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to skywalker Send a message via MSN to skywalker

if you remember playing the old altitude, it also got hectic with 4v4's, and that was the point.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:10 AM

I would resize it if it did not mean I would have to remake it entirely. There is no resize option in the editor and it took alot of time to make it in the first place. If you can get them to add a resize option I will glady change the size!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:15 AM

Please use my map I literally took the old map and remade it in the new editor i tried the exact mountain and such polygons but it looked awful. So I added textures but it was still not so great then I added a more natural feel and flow to the mountains. For all the work I did please do not just steal my work. Also I made it vertical scroll to give it a nicer feel so please try it first with real players and if it does not work I will remake it when I have time. Or if you can get lamster or karl to add a resize feature to the editor I will resize it as soon as its added!
Old 06-01-2008, 12:15 PM

Updated, I created a new smaller one my first looks alot better but the smaller one looks good too.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:53 AM

Updated the smaller version. It now does not hurt you when you hit the top of the sky. Also the blue spawn points are now facing the right direction.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

The editor already has a feature to resize polys. Not on my home comp right now so I can't tell you where it is offhand, but I've definitely used it.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:37 PM

well i have not seen that feature. I need one though to downsize everything or upsize if I choose. But in any case I remade it and made a smaller version.