Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:22 PM

Default Opening Altitude Problem

Hey-

So I have had Altitude installed for maybe around 2 years on my Mac Mini. A few weeks ago I tried to open it and a error message appeared reading "Application Altitude can not be opened because Altitude is damaged or incomplete." I then tried opening it from the applications folder and it still didn't work (first time was from dock.) I then tried reinstalling Altitude and it worked fine. Then just 4 days ago it did it again and I reinstalled and it worked again. Then the very next day it had the error message again. It's really annoying losing my maps and having to reinstall (takes around 1hr on my computer) Help please?
Old 11-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Administrator

There isn't any reason Altitude should randomly become corrupt. You're reinstalling from the version at http://altitudegame.com/ right?

Your hard drive may be full and/or getting ready to die. I recommend running some hardware diagnostics to check for a faulty hard drive.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:42 AM

agreed. sounds like the part of your drive that altitude is on may be physically damaged, or the drive in general is about to die.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Use Disk Utility to run both a Repair Permissions and a Verify Disk. If Verify Disk reports any errors and you are unable to Repair Disk to remove the errors, seriously consider replacing the hard drive. Files don't just disappear from a healthy hard drive... sounds like you may have a problem.