Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:06 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

updated news again, I'll get around to throwing all these maps nikon and tgleaf keep making in he mix soon.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:10 AM

nvm I'm stupid
Old 12-23-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
updated news again, I'll get around to throwing all these maps nikon and tgleaf keep making in he mix soon.
haha, sweet thanks!

And about atmosphere, I can't thank you enough. It's awesome that it's on ladder now, is it not in the random rotation yet just because it just needs a bit more testing? But yea thanks so much!
Old 12-24-2010, 12:04 PM

Thanks for your good work and these amazing new maps. Some links in your posts are dead and I wonder how I could do to get your work and put it online on my servers. But maybe I'm wrong and these maps are dedicated to ladder. Let me know. Tks again.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nol View Post
Thanks for your good work and these amazing new maps. Some links in your posts are dead and I wonder how I could do to get your work and put it online on my servers. But maybe I'm wrong and these maps are dedicated to ladder. Let me know. Tks again.
All of these maps are for all servers. They are made for the community. Simply go to the thread that they are in and download the map file they linked.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
All of these maps are for all servers. They are made for the community. Simply go to the thread that they are in and download the map file they linked.
Ok, tks, but as I said, some links are broken (eg the link on the black_hole map post). And I can't find those maps on the wiki map page.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Ok, tks, but as I said, some links are broken (eg the link on the black_hole map post). And I can't find those maps on the wiki map page.
Use the search function within the map making forum and you should be able to hunt them down.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
If you have ever played on the maps they'll appear in your maps folder. If not try posting in tthe map thread and tell them their link doesn't work.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:06 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

updated map pool
Old 12-25-2010, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Laughed at LC and middleground being considered "excellent" maps. Thanks for putting tron on the list, hope to revise it some more and get a version worthy for testing on ladder up soon. ._.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Updated tron, you can see the full details here:
http://altitudegame.com/forums/showt...7514#post97514

Feel free to remove the neutral bomb version from ladder, don't think I'm gonna continue updating that one.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:19 PM

First official ladder match on atmosphere

Old 12-28-2010, 11:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon View Post

lucky nikon >.< if anyone can help me fix my background for blackhole jsut let me know. I finished updating the layout to make the middle bigger. All it needs now is amazing graphics and it should be good to go.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:07 AM

Quote:
*ahem*

chars
Old 12-29-2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
*ahem*

chars
I didn't know, too bad so sad.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:07 PM

Im not sure sure you guys have tbd_techpark on test but, the name is now tbd_hivepark and im done with the graphics.
Looks good, but...no idea how it plays!?

Please test

TYVM
Old 01-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Tron's been updated, if you could get the newest version up on ladder that would be great.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:25 PM

Updated news.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

Once again I've updated Tron (after some good 5v5 testing in ladder), you can find more information here:
http://altitudegame.com/forums/showt...9469#post99469

Judging by people's reactions ingame this should be almost ready. It needs a bit of polishing but I think the best way to do that from this point forward is to analyze actual games.

Last edited by Pieface; 01-04-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
Once again I've updated Tron (after some good 5v5 testing in ladder), you can find more information here:
http://altitudegame.com/forums/showt...9469#post99469

Judging by people's reactions ingame this should be almost ready. It needs a bit of polishing but I think the best way to do that from this point forward is to analyze actual games.
is this map available anywhere besides ladder bc i hate learning maps in ladder games
Old 01-04-2011, 04:31 AM

new tron uploaded
Old 01-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
is this map available anywhere besides ladder bc i hate learning maps in ladder games
At the moment it's just up in ladder - you can play it (not for points) by doing a /vote custom test or /vote changemap if you have less than 10 people.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:32 PM

ball_ufo should be put in random rotation. it was very fun today. great passing lanes
Old 01-08-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrode View Post
ball_ufo should be put in random rotation. it was very fun today. great passing lanes
veto .
Old 01-08-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkguava View Post
veto .
cosign

chars
Old 01-08-2011, 11:08 PM

i like ball_metal

i think it is the most complete ball map for the ladder rotation
Old 01-09-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
cosign

chars
I have to admit it played very well today.

But that was 1 in ~15 times I played that map, all other times it didn't lend itself to really great play.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:35 AM

Just a question to everyone, How are you all liking/disliking ball_atmosphere?
Old 01-12-2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
I dislike. Makes my fatness feel claustrophobic. Of course, I am only I and others may like. I've played on this map ~20 times, primarily on dojo and once or twice on ladder.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
it's got a weird vibe

i enjoy playing it a lot, but i don't have a feel for it competitively
Old 01-18-2011, 01:04 AM

okay I was just wondering, how are the custom start maps that aren't in the random cycle yet get into the random cycle? like how do you know if people like it or not?
Old 01-18-2011, 01:21 AM

Quote:
okay I was just wondering, how are the custom start maps that aren't in the random cycle yet get into the random cycle? like how do you know if people like it or not?
they typically need more than 5 recorded ladder games played on them would be a good starting point
Old 01-18-2011, 02:41 AM

I just looked through some of the pages of the match list, and I counted ball_atmosphere having 7 official recorded matches.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:55 AM

i think you may have missed the point
Old 01-18-2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:
i think you may have missed the point
Yes sir, I think I may have. I just think if you ask around, the majority of the people love/like atmo. I have been voting it more and it usually passes %80+, after I ask how they liked it, most of them say they think it's a good map.

Last edited by Nikon; 01-18-2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:08 AM

do you feel like atmosphere is as perfect as it's ever going to be, and that there are no further improvements you could possibly make on the map without completely changing the fundamentals of the map and how it plays?
Old 01-18-2011, 04:17 AM

Quote:
do you feel like atmosphere is as perfect as it's ever going to be, and that there are no further improvements you could possibly make on the map without completely changing the fundamentals of the map and how it plays?
I almost feel like this to believe it or not. Any time we play it on ladder, I don't get any feedback anymore. Just at the end of the match people say "That's a good map" "I love that map" or rare but a few people say that don't like it as much, But there are always going to be people that don't like a map as much as the next guy.

So the answer is yes, I think the map is ready and it's done updating for the time being.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:26 AM

if that's how people really feel, then get them to post saying so.

from the preliminary feedback i've seen in the ball_atmosphere thread and gotten from my own experiences with fellow ladder players, the reports are not as glowing as the ones you have received immediately following the map being played.

it appears (to me at least) that the quality that the most redeeming quality of the map is the ability to do many different trick shots(?). this, while fun, doesn't an excellent ladder map make. it fits your unique playstyle and that is why you enjoy it so much, but as far as everyday ladder players go.. not so much. in addition, beefheart's comment about it being unique and thus should be on the ladder random rotation holds no water with me. the good maps play a certain way for a reason, and while i fully encourage uniqueness and differences between maps, that uniqueness alone is not going to be enough to propel a map into the random rotation as long as i'm running it.

if you want the map to be random, here's a guide for you: after you get people to play it, have them come on the forums and explain why they like it or don't like it as opposed to just "I LIKE THIS MAP MAKE IT OFFICIAL PLZ". i can't be there for every game played on this map, so i'm going to need input from players of ladder to make an accurate read on it. as of right now, i don't think atmosphere is ready just because i personally feel it's a gimmicky map and there's nothing in the thread that contradicts my line of thinking thus far.

i'm not saying it doesn't have potential to be a great ladder map nor do i want to discourage you from working hard on this map and other maps in the future, but as of right now i don't think it's ready. however, i'm perfectly willing to be convinced otherwise - i just need solid evidence contrary to my current view.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
if that's how people really feel, then get them to post saying so.

from the preliminary feedback i've seen in the ball_atmosphere thread and gotten from my own experiences with fellow ladder players, the reports are not as glowing as the ones you have received immediately following the map being played.

it appears (to me at least) that the quality that the most redeeming quality of the map is the ability to do many different trick shots(?). this, while fun, doesn't an excellent ladder map make. it fits your unique playstyle and that is why you enjoy it so much, but as far as everyday ladder players go.. not so much. in addition, beefheart's comment about it being unique and thus should be on the ladder random rotation holds no water with me. the good maps play a certain way for a reason, and while i fully encourage uniqueness and differences between maps, that uniqueness alone is not going to be enough to propel a map into the random rotation as long as i'm running it.

if you want the map to be random, here's a guide for you: after you get people to play it, have them come on the forums and explain why they like it or don't like it as opposed to just "I LIKE THIS MAP MAKE IT OFFICIAL PLZ". i can't be there for every game played on this map, so i'm going to need input from players of ladder to make an accurate read on it. as of right now, i don't think atmosphere is ready just because i personally feel it's a gimmicky map and there's nothing in the thread that contradicts my line of thinking thus far.

i'm not saying it doesn't have potential to be a great ladder map nor do i want to discourage you from working hard on this map and other maps in the future, but as of right now i don't think it's ready. however, i'm perfectly willing to be convinced otherwise - i just need solid evidence contrary to my current view.

Okay, Now I have a task to do, I like that. I will try to get people to write feedback on ball_atmosphere and this thread as hard as I can.

And thanks again for having it on ladder at all, that is a big thing for me and It's awesome of you guys to do it for me.

Just a little suggestion, maybe you guys could add a rating system for ladder. Where you rate the map EVERY time you play it. It could go with just maps not in the custom rotation, just in the test maps, both of these together, or all maps. These would be a good way to get a small amount of feedback on ladder maps.

PS: I like your pic.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:04 PM

ssd, try to keep an eye on the ball_atmosphere thread for feedback and tell me what you think.

And on the poll.