Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:13 AM

Default 1DM: Chess, Tetris, Tourian

OGM it's 1DM! Conversions like this are relatively easy since the artwork is already done.

1DM_CHESS
12/14/2010
(Download Map File)

~ Converted from tbd_chess
~ Minor terrain changes from the TBD version, to function better in 1DM (hopefully)
~ Terrain size is identical to the TBD version, though I can't remember what the numbers are off the top of my head... 3383x1800 or something like that.
~ 2 everything-powerups on a spawn delay in the middle; team-specific, health-only powerups on a spawn delay near team spawns.

1DM_TETRIS
12/14/2010
(Download Map File)

~ Converted from ball_tetris
~ Terrain heavily modified to more suit 1dm play (hopefully)
~ Terrain size is same as ball version, 3011x1511
~ Team-specific, health-only PUs on 20s delay in the corners; PUs in the middle spawn instantly at round start, and then every 20s, and have shield/missile/wall/health

1DM_TOURIAN
12/14/2010
(Download Map File)

~ Converted from ffa_tourian
~ Map widened from FFA version by 100px on each side, to allow slightly more room for spawns (still looks kinda cramped, though, eh?) Aside from moving the border objects a bit, stuff in the middle has not been changed. The setup seems to work okay for ffa, hopefully that translates to 1dm well enough.
~ PUs in the center-top and center-bottom spawn at round start, then every 20s, and are missile/shield/wall/health. PU in the center-middle does not spawn at start, but every 20s as well. There are team-specific, health-only PUs that do not spawn at round start, but every 20s - they are located in the small rooms on the left and right of the map (kinda hard to see in the screenshot because there is a spawn point layered over it, but it's there)

------------------

I'm open to suggestions on map improvement once people get a chance to play around with them.

(PS Pieface pleasepleaseplease increase the max ping of NE 1DM so I can play there D: )
(PPS Pieface give me all your CP kthx)

Last edited by silent skies; 12-14-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:36 PM

Anyway concerning the maps they look good. I noticed chess and tetris are symmetrical so is there a reason why tourian isn't?

Last edited by Flexio; 07-20-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:43 PM

Considering how teams switch sides every 2 rounds in 1DM, it's not strictly necessary that things be 100% symmetrical in 1dm.

If it gets to be too much of a lopsided thing I'll revise it.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

I'll see if I can get these hosted on the NE servers (it's always nice to have new maps!) and check to see what the current max ping is. As to the CP, no can do!!! I need it for when the devs make a golden randa skin.

I'd recommend removing the wrap-arounds on tourian; they don't tend to work well in 1DM.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
I'd recommend removing the wrap-arounds on tourian; they don't tend to work well in 1DM.
Hmm, you're probably right, I'll rework it then.