Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > The Water Cooler
FAQ Community Calendar

The Water Cooler Discuss unrelated topics. Keep it clean. Keep it nice.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Banned

Default Don't you just love this community?

Don't you just love it? I mean you try and compare this one to LoL or any other FPS community, it's like comparing heaven and hell.

I mean it's not the biggest ever, but look at what everyone's doing and making (not babiez, I kno u were thinkin that).

We've got a competitive scene made possible by all the people organizing the leagues and nobo (and all the people who helped him) creating the ladder.
A less competitive scene with the coop game mode for which people are still making a lot of maps.
Artists making great music and graphical artz for altitude.
We've also got all sorts of programs relating to altitude (PALP, Coop program, the browser, CALP, the program behind ladder, altilinks).
A filled up suggestions forums with some really good suggestions/discussions in it (e.g., mouse control advantage!).
The troll level isn't as high as on any other forum I've ever been on (the LoL forum holy ****).
Game developers who actually listen to the community (this is rare **** right here), and put a lot of their spare time in this game even though it's not the jackpot for them.
Community members actually willing to help with the marketing and giving suggestions to promote the game better.

If we could just reach the public better and make alti the hit it should be, this could turn in a big ****ty community filled with trolls and kiddies in which Karlam would make lot's of moneys.

And then we could all speak of good old times.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boko View Post
Don't you just love it? I mean you try and compare this one to LoL or any other FPS community, it's like comparing heaven and hell.

I mean it's not the biggest ever, but look at what everyone's doing and making (not babiez, I kno u were thinkin that).

We've got a competitive scene made possible by all the people organizing the leagues and nobo (and all the people who helped him) creating the ladder.
A less competitive scene with the coop game mode for which people are still making a lot of maps.
We've also got all sorts of programs relating to altitude (PALP, Coop program, the browser, CALP, the program behind ladder, altilinks).
A filled up suggestions forums with some really good suggestions/discussions in it (e.g., mouse control advantage!).
The troll level isn't as high as on any other forum I've ever been on (the LoL forum holy ****).
Game developers who actually listen to the community (this is rare **** right here), and put a lot of their spare time in this game even though it's not the jackpot for them.
Community members actually willing to help with the marketing and giving suggestions to promote the game better.

If we could just reach the public better and make alti the hit it should be, this could turn in a big ****ty community filled with trolls and kiddies in which Karlam would make lot's of moneys.

do your part for the community and make clan ladder you slacker.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:

We've also got all sorts of programs relating to altitude (PALP, Coop program, the browser, CLAP, the program behind ladder, altilinks).

Fixed for you.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:

As an acrostic, you failed miserably.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

I love everything in this community except Boko.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM

I am changing my position from not hating anyone to hating everyone.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajuk999 View Post
+1

ccnchars
Old 01-06-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
We've also got all sorts of programs relating to altitude (PALP, Coop program, the browser, CALP, the program behind ladder, altilinks, Ready for Takeoff: The Unofficial Guide to Altitude).
added something for you

Old 01-07-2011, 01:44 AM

is a huge community full of noobs and trolls better than a tight interwoven family of people who love this game and each other?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexio View Post
added something for you

Since when is that a program
Old 01-07-2011, 05:24 AM

Yes, yes I do.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
As an acrostic, you failed miserably.
dont question me
Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 AM

ITT: Boko trolls everyone.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Old 01-07-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Ah, I think I've been a successful troll, I find an awesome gif and I get Boko's attention.

Lol, Boko I really don't hate you or anything.

*pats self on back*
Old 01-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Ah, I think I've been a successful troll, I find an awesome gif and I get Boko's attention.

Lol, Boko I really don't hate you or anything.

*pats self on back*
Actually, look at the OP and think about who trolled who.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
Actually, look at the OP and think about who trolled who.
Hahahaha, yeah I saw that.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuyt View Post
Since when is that a program
I thought he meant something else.