Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:44 AM

Default Game Mode Suggestions

Free For All
Just a battle to the death for everyone. The first to get a set number of kills would win, or a time limit, or no limit just fight. I know alot of people want this mode!

Capture the Flag
This would require you get into the enemy base and land on their base. After 5 seconds or so you would capture the flag and have to get it back to your base. When you land on your base it would take 5 seconds again to unload the flag. Perhaps 10 seconds is better for it.

Build The Gun
Rather then a flag perhaps a part retreval. You have to steal enemy parts to assemble a large gun. Its like capture the flag only you have to break it parts loose and do it faster. So you would bomb or shoot the part until it flys off then you go collect it like its a powerup. You fly it back to your base and land then its unloaded and starts being added to the main gun. The main gun would be breakable to an extent that only slows it down. It would take perhaps 2 minutes for the final assembly once all the pieces are gathered. Then once its complete it fires and destroys all enemy planes, bases, turrets, etc.

Team Deathmatch
There would be a set number of kills to get and both teams would destroy the others to get it first. Say 50 kills, suicides either dont count or would minus 1 adding to the other teams score. The first to reach the set number would be victorious!

Duel
All players would be split into 2 different lists. Then 2 players would be selected and go on screen and fight to the death. Once one dies the next on the list is sent out and it goes until each person goes 3 times. The one player with the most kills and longest life would be the winner.

Team Duel
Almost exactly like Duel only you are on a team and working together.

Kill The Carrier
There would be a giant carrier with lots of turrets and weapons. It would be free-for-all and the player who does the most damage wins (to prevent final kill stealing). The carrier would be able to move around on the map to make things harder and could fire heat seeking missiles ever so often. Perhaps 8 at a time from all angles, like below.
\ | /
- -
/ | \

Computers vs Humans
When bots can actually play and fight this would be a fun mode. All human players would be on a team and the computer team would have an equal number of computer players. A fight to the death and the first to get 100 kills is the victorious team.

Re-Enactment
You would re-enact old battles like WW2, pearl harbor, etc. Also it could have modern battles or just made up battles like them. Or a future enactment, it would be what you think a future battle could be like. Perhaps with futuristic versions of the planes or just futuristic enemies.

Last edited by TiamatStudios; 06-02-2008 at 05:02 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:45 AM

[Reserved for future editing2]
Old 06-02-2008, 04:45 AM

[Reserved for future editing3]
Old 06-02-2008, 04:46 AM

[Reserved for future editing4]
Old 06-06-2008, 07:20 PM

Re: Computers vs. Humans:

How about if it the number of bots was five or six times the number of human players, except the bots were still stupid like they are now?
Old 06-06-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pondermatic View Post
Re: Computers vs. Humans:

How about if it the number of bots was five or six times the number of human players, except the bots were still stupid like they are now?
Lag = bad.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
Lag = bad.
lag is bad, but thats not a really fun idea. Ever go on when no one else is on and kill the bots? yeah its not so fun at all they just kill themselves. However i suppose if you put 12 of them that are stupid maybe we would be surprised?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Blank was telling me once about this mode in the XBLA Wing Commander game (which sucks, btw) called Bearpit that sounded kind of interesting. Basically, it's a 1v1 duel mode with random spectators on the outside of the arena looking in. They can interfere slightly (holes to shoot through I think, but I can't remember), but otherwise it's basically just a duel with spectators, and the spectators rotate in. Nothing really that crazy, but sounded like a neat package for doing duels.

Also, I saw this post by him on another forum about a CoD4 mode. I don't quite get it though... wtf is with the headquarters bit? Can the other team not take the point? If not, how would they win?

It's like my new favorite mode now. It's basically team deathmatch except you have to control this point. When you take control you get points (first to 250, +5 every 5 seconds). If you control the point though, you don't respawn so you basically have to hold off the guys as long as you can. If you all die, they can destroy the HQ and it moves to a new location.

It's ****ing fun as hell. I went like 100-25 a few nights ago... just complete rape with a LMG on crash.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
Blank was telling me once about this mode in the XBLA Wing Commander game (which sucks, btw) called Bearpit that sounded kind of interesting. Basically, it's a 1v1 duel mode with random spectators on the outside of the arena looking in. They can interfere slightly (holes to shoot through I think, but I can't remember), but otherwise it's basically just a duel with spectators, and the spectators rotate in. Nothing really that crazy, but sounded like a neat package for doing duels.
To expand on this a bit picture this:

There's an "arena" of sorts in the middle. It's got a few objects to hide behind and powers randomly spawn. Only 2 people are ever in this arena and they basically duel. You get a point for winning the duel. If time expires, it's a draw and no points are rewarded but the challenger is sent back out and the next challenger is brought up. A new duel starts you fresh (back to full HP, no powerups, opposite corners spawning) Object is to win a set amount of duels.

All of the people NOT dueling are in an outer ring surrounding the arena. They can shoot into the arena but it's insanely difficult. This is kind of hard to explain, but the arena and the outer ring are both spinning... and each have "holes" (that only bullets can pass through) so when it's aligned, you can shoot into the arena. It's not entirely effective but the option is there.

Players also not dueling can just kill each other and there's an optional race course to do. It was a fun mode for an otherwise horrible game. That and their capital ship battles were fairly well implimented IMO.

Quote:
Also, I saw this post by him on another forum about a CoD4 mode. I don't quite get it though... wtf is with the headquarters bit? Can the other team not take the point? If not, how would they win?

2 teams start in randomly spawned areas away from each other. A headquarters area is designated on the map (one of usually 3-7 random locations). In order to capture this headquarters, you have to hold this (usually small) area for X amount of seconds. Having more players in the capture area = faster to capture the headquarters. Enemies entering the HQ halts the progress bar from filling. Killing all enemies in the HQ (prior to "capping" it) allows the progress bar to fill in your direction.

Once the HQ is captured, whichever team captured the HQ ceases to respawn and a 45 second timer begins. Every 5 seconds you get 5 points. First to 250 wins. Standing in the HQ area as the team that didn't cap the HQ (with all the defenders dead or at least NOT in the area) will allow you to neutralize the HQ (a progress bar with the same mechanics as capturing it). Once destroyed, a new HQ is selected randomly on the map and the process starts over again.

It's my favorite mode in CoD4 too I just don't think it'd translate well into this game. You'd need much larger maps with "intelligent" respawn system among other things.

(EDIT) and only newbies use LMG's on crash.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:31 AM

All of that sounds really complicated. But one of the things I like is the suggestion of players being able to control turrets or other static weapons.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:00 PM

those could be some good suggestions, i will probably add it to the list on a later date.