Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:47 PM

Default Great game & website design/look.

Hi.
I just got linked to the Altitude website and have just installed the game and given it a try.

I like the game and need more time to get good at it but I wanted to comment on the art style of the game and also the web site.

I really like the colours and I especially like the clear, solid and distinct feel of every font, button, frame etc on the web site and the same goes for all the art assets in the game.
Some people might call it childish or child-like but I don't think like that. I just really appreciate the pure and uncomplicated look and feel to the game and site. I get sick of web sites that try to cram a whole encyclopedia onto the welcome page. Being both 'slightly' colour blind and just slightly dyslexic I fell like I'm looking at a confusing snowstorm (made even worse by flashing ads) when I visit a lot of web pages. When I look at the Altitude page or the game menu or play screen though I really feel good and kind of peaceful. this solid but simple look allows me to focus on the information on the site or, in the game, the function of the menu or actual gameplay.

So I just wanted to say great job on the look and design. Is the artist active on the forums? Who is the artist on your game? I'd like to chat here with him about this design/art philosophy etc.

Last edited by Poita; 06-16-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:19 PM

Welcome! Glad you like the game!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:31 PM

I agree. One thing I love about altitude is every game element is so distinctive, there is never confusing noise, which is important as the action can get intense.