Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:49 PM

Default Equalize landing on bases in TBD between keyboard and mouse

I recently began playing TBD again, and instantly recognized just how much more difficult it is to land on bases with mouse control than it was with a controller (which is what i had previously played tbd with about 8 months ago).

It's not that a mouse user has difficulty actually getting onto the base, but the fact that the plane always follows the mouse cursor forces a mouse user to land absolutely perfectly evenly to get the heal to begin. This results in you having to wave your mouse around with minute adjustments in an attempt to get perfectly aligned while you're sitting on top of the base. That can become a nightmare on slanted bases when you're sitting there having to wave your mouse to align and bouncing all the way across.

With controller or keyboard, not pressing any button allows the plane to settle and automatically align to the base.

I've made a video to hopefully demonstrate what I'm talking about:

http://vimeo.com/20383102

The video starts with Mouse+KB control. Controller picks up at the fade in at around 45 seconds.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:38 AM

+1. Until now, I thought I was just really **** at landing, often you lose a tiny sliver of health if you don't get it just right and this can be really annoying if you are at 5% health and it kills you.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:56 AM

land facing up slightly and as you come to a stop pull the nose down slightly you get good at it after a while
Old 02-26-2011, 09:29 AM

I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:33 PM

+1

Perhaps implement a key to just cut all controls, enabling the plane to "settle" on the base like the keyboard players do. Pressing the key again would re-enable mouse control, and flying off the base would re-enable the controls again?
Old 02-27-2011, 09:52 PM

Location: somewhere in the multiverse, universe, Milky Way galaxy, Sol Star System, Planet Earth, and US

Quote:
Originally Posted by naethy View Post
+1

Perhaps implement a key to just cut all controls, enabling the plane to "settle" on the base like the keyboard players do. Pressing the key again would re-enable mouse control, and flying off the base would re-enable the controls again?
Yeah that would be a good idea.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naethy View Post
That's kind of like having a left/right turn keyboard button handy to switch to keyboard mode as you're landing. It would work, but still less than ideal imo.

Another way might be for the mouse to release it's influence when the plane and base colliders hit each other. Control would pick back up when you move the mouse. There might be some unforeseen situations where that could be less than ideal too though.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:21 AM

I'm bumping this.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:50 PM

+1 to this suggestion.

When keyboard user touch base, his mouse switch on force him to land with mouse. Equalized.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy11one View Post
+1 to this suggestion.

When keyboard user touch base, his mouse switch on force him to land with mouse. Equalized.
Lol. Would be hilarious.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:39 PM

How about bases are always 'bouncy' so they dont do damage to you unless you hit them pretty hard.

Seems stupid to me if theres nobody around that landing on a base without damage would be a challenge, with any control style, yet sometimes it is.