Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:48 PM

Default ban

I got a ban for 30 days long. Reason: I speced out. Well, its true that i did it in 2 games but let me explain it.

First time the game was going fine and we just defused his bomb. I said to them if they could give me 1 sec, no more. I had to help my mother i went, i cambe back. Totally 10 seconds.

Next time was the same but it was more quick than in the other time. I just had to answer a question that my mum asked to me and i came back.

In the 2 times any team got hit. I repeat... were just 15 secs in total.

If u don't belive me u can ask anyone that would be playing at this time.

Last edited by bradgillis; 04-09-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:53 PM

Braid. I'm sorry. I srsly don't understand for what they banned u
Old 04-09-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorg View Post
Braid. I'm sorry. I srsly don't understand for what they banned u
Yeah I don't see what he did wrong either. SSD told him to sit the next game, without any reasoning(and any just cause imo), and he did. Then he gets a 30 day ban and everyone in the server is like wtf, because he seemingly did not do anything wrong.

If he was speccing and that is the reason for the ban, he must of specced for legit 5-10 seconds cuz I never even noticed it.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:13 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

I told him to spectate because I couldn't ban him mid-game if he was playing, and I was still deciding on the correct ban length.

he spectated mid-game in consecutive games. in the second case, he spectated with 0 warning presumably with the bomb, because i saw his team's bomb go loose immediately after he spectated. in however long it took him to return, his base was hit.

this is his 7th ladder ban. i did not literally count the seconds, but i am sure it was more than the 5-10 seconds you stated. 5 seconds isn't even long enough for the "______ has spectated" text to disappear.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:18 PM

ask the people who was playing how many time did i take...

Its maybe a ban.. but not for that long. All my bans are from high pings and it sucks. Now i go spec for 15 secs and u ban me, and how its the 7th ban u ban me for 30 days!

Be realist: go spec for 15 secs = 30 days ?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:19 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

I was playing in both games, and I know how long you took.

You've not been banned for being laggy, you've been banned for a complete failure to grasp the rules of ladder. There's a distinct difference.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:19 PM

oh, i didnt read well. U are saying that they hit our base ? looooool they didnt!! come on!! Ask any one. In all the game they never hit our base
Old 04-09-2011, 08:24 PM

http://www.altitudeladder.com/match....2&mode=tbd_5v5

The only hit we got was when you were spectating. It's rather understandable that you never realized your base was hit considering you weren't there when it happened.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:29 PM

nots possible... Im sure 100% that they didnt hit our base when i went spec. Just because i took 5 seconds and when i went spec they didnt have the bomb. Its just impossible to go that fast on hitting. They maybe hit before but i dont remember.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:32 PM

When you spectated in the second game, I was pushing out with wolf towards your base. You spectated, I defused a bomb above your base that someone dropped (I don't know whether it was you, but I know someone up there crashed because nobody on our team was there killing), and then wolf hit your base. Again, you did not take 5 seconds.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:42 PM

ill tell u what i did.

My mum sais: COME!!! I said: no, i can't. Wait 5 secs.
When she was really angry she reapetted it. I had to go. There i lift my mobil phone ( thats why she was angry ) and i came back running because i didn't want to take much seconds.

PD: From my computer to the sofa they're 3 feet and, i left my mobile beside the computer.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:45 PM

either you're a very slow runner or you're very bad at judging distances
Old 04-09-2011, 08:46 PM

They did hit the base, if you are only gone for 5 seconds, just don't spawn for 5 more seconds next time you die.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:46 PM

I play on a football team and, im not that stupid to don't to know how long is from here to my sofa.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgillis View Post
I play on a football team and, im not that stupid to don't to know how long is from here to my sofa.
5 feet exactly.believe me I measured it and all :P
Old 04-09-2011, 08:50 PM

then maybe you have really short arms and legs? to reach three feet, i literally just have to lean which way in my chair and grab it. there should literally be zero running if something is literally three feet away from you.

i'm not going to make you grab a tape rule and literally measure how far you supposedly needed to run, but you did spectate, we did hit your base, and i am positive that you were gone for more than the supposed 5 seconds.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:51 PM

If u enjoy banning me do it, but not for that long please... please!!

I really tryed to be as fast as i could

ssd... really... 30 days are many days
Old 04-09-2011, 08:58 PM

There are a couple people that I would admittedly find enjoyment in banning, but I don't make ban decisions based on who I like or don't like, much to XX2's chagrin. You were banned for breaking the rules of ladder for a seventh time. Spectating in consecutive games is unacceptable for any player, much less someone with as extended a track record as you. 30 days is not a light punishment, but I feel that it's an adequate one. Hopefully next time you won't continue to make the same dumb mistakes.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:07 PM

But omg!!!!! Do u really think that i went to help my mum because i wanted to? She was really angry! i can't kill she. I have to help if she needs. If i don't... i don't wanna imagine what can succes.

Its easy to say to when u are adult and u live alone or without anyone that bothers u, but im 14, yes 14. Im always trying to follow the rules but i can't do any thing at it.

SO PLEASE, UNDERSTEND ME AND FORGET ME, PLEASE!!
Old 04-09-2011, 09:10 PM

Other times that i got bannings were to have high ping. I start playing with my normal ping and my brother decides to open his net and watch videos or what ever. I can't do any thing in cases like this
Old 04-09-2011, 09:12 PM

There are many people around your age and even younger from all over the world that play ladder even more often than you but do not have the same issues with following the ladder rules as you do. I do not want to delve too far into your personal life, but the fact of the matter is that you have been breaking ladder rules left and right and that just cannot be ignored or forgotten. Maybe remember to not leave your phone on the couch if it's a house rule?

I don't know what to tell you man, I'm not out to get you but you really have to get your **** together if you want to continue playing ladder.

RE: your ping problem, you were never banned for being ping kicked in one game. Your problem was that you would be ping kicked from one game and then not have enough self control to not join the next game. You would then be continuously ping kicked from that game, which would ruin that one as well.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:20 PM

how? leaving my home? Do u know what are you saying?
Old 04-09-2011, 09:22 PM

forget it, im angry...

Im making the idea that i will not play any more ladder games
Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
There are a couple people that I would admittedly find enjoyment in banning, but I don't make ban decisions based on who I like or don't like, much to XX2's chagrin. You were banned for breaking the rules of ladder for a seventh time. Spectating in consecutive games is unacceptable for any player, much less someone with as extended a track record as you. 30 days is not a light punishment, but I feel that it's an adequate one. Hopefully next time you won't continue to make the same dumb mistakes.
Herp what
Old 04-09-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX1 View Post
Herp what
:O Major crisis that :P
Old 04-09-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgillis View Post
how? leaving my home? Do u know what are you saying?
I am suggesting that you either take more control over your life or that you stop playing TBD ladder until you are sure you will be able to stay the entire game in the vast majority of the games you join. Again, I do not wish to delve too deeply into the politics of your home, but I am hoping your mother will not physically drag you out of your chair and beat you until you bend to her will if you do not grab the phone you left on the sofa. Had you not irresponsibly left your mobile phone on the couch in the first place, you wouldn't have had to spectate mid-game to go grab it to appease your mother. Do you see how responsibility works now?
Old 04-09-2011, 10:25 PM

what i dont get is if it was only 3 feet away and took 5 sec, thats less then a respawn time i mean just die and go grab it and you would have been back before you were even able to fly again.

imo ban is right as you have broken the rules many times before. and your story doesn't add up to what happened.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapon View Post
what i dont get is if it was only 3 feet away and took 5 sec, thats less then a respawn time i mean just die and go grab it and you would have been back before you were even able to fly again.

imo ban is right as you have broken the rules many times before. and your story doesn't add up to what happened.
If you look at the times in that match, his plane total averaged to like 10:55 while mattattacks was 11:05...it is quite possible he was only specced for 5-10 seconds.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:31 PM

SSD come back and play EM with me D:
Old 04-10-2011, 11:58 AM

Yea clap, now im thinking about it and it wasn't needed to go spec. I didnt know how long was i going to take ( maybe 15 secs maybe 5 ) So, to don't play 5vs4 i went to spec to warn them.

If i had not gone to spec, no one would have noticed of it. And, how blln said; u can check how much time was i speccing in the stats.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:15 PM

have you accounted for differences in deaths? (not sure that that adds in as time played)
im def of the view that this ban is correct btw, not sure how i feel about the lenght of it. like yea i can feel for u man at the same time i kinda feel like "learn 2 read rules plz..." this is a situation that comes up CONSTANTLY and im sorry but making exceptions based on what ur mother told u to do is just not acceptable, everyone has an excuse in situations like this, if we accept this, what are we supposed to not accept then?
Old 04-10-2011, 02:27 PM

im just saying why did i go spec.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:25 PM

i have to back brad up here. he didn't spec for very long and neither base was hit in the process. as clap said if he didn't spec no one would have noticed it. i really think this is a polite ban but my opinion is just that the length is ridiculous.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:47 PM

ye id probably agree that the lenght is a bit tough when i think about it, the offense isnt that "serious", its a conflict tho how to deal with ppl who accumulate a big number of bans even in the "less serious" ban category since it will be viewed unfair for someone to get a lenghty ban at their 7th "overstep" (lack of better word) cause some admin has a biased opinion on how to view whatever they have done. i think what can be done here is talk to some of the head admins and see what they feel as i dont really wanna step outside of my boundaries here. ill talk to ssd and other admins and ill get back to you.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:06 PM

ok, ty ingbo
Old 04-10-2011, 04:31 PM

About the bans... If all the ladder is restarting... Could bans restart?
Old 04-10-2011, 04:46 PM

u were banned after the restart i do believe
Old 04-10-2011, 04:49 PM

i meant number of bans that people have
Old 04-10-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
i have to back brad up here. he didn't spec for very long and neither base was hit in the process. as clap said if he didn't spec no one would have noticed it. i really think this is a polite ban but my opinion is just that the length is ridiculous.
i don't know how you didn't notice since you were the one that hit the base, but he definitely dc'd right before you hit.

and braiden, resetting the bans would really make no sense at all.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:41 AM

Ssd, you even threatened to ban me out of spite ("contempt" to use your words) before. And you and I both know you said it.