Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:48 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

i don't think threaten means what you think it means since i don't really threaten to ban people that i don't actually like, and i also don't remember saying anything specifically about banning you at all.

and, strangely, enough, i can't find any trace of the word contempt in my chat log all the way up until before sky was permabanned (which was in february)

if you really remember some sort of faux threat from before then, then i think it's rather clear which one of us actually holds some supposed grudge. otherwise, you're just making **** up to make me look bad. :\
Old 04-12-2011, 07:28 AM

Seriously, don't sh** me that you traced your chat log all the way back. I can replay the exact conversation b/c it was one of those memorable ones:

[setting] bladder spec
Ssd: one of these days I will ban you out of contempt
me: Wtf did I do this time?
Ssd: ur a fag
me: So, just cuz I'm a fag you'll ban me purely out of spite
Ssd: yes

Even if I am the one holding the grudge, the fact remains that you do let emotions affect your bans, to the extent that it could be the influencing factor.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:48 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

i think you're overstating the effort it takes to click chat_log.txt and chat_log_old.txt and then ctrl+f contempt.

your laughable attempt at defamation really doesn't hold any water - regardless of any faux threats to ban you for something that isn't against the rules, i think the mere fact that i've never actually banned you for being a complete waste of oxygen should attest to my integrity as an admin. all bans are required to be posted with details of the ban, and every ban can be appealed. if i'm really banning people left and right for reasons that aren't bannable, why am i still an admin?

i am fully aware of the fact that you seem to think i'm mentally deficient, but you're really making a fool of yourself in the vast majority of the posts you make.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
why am i still an admin?
Sometimes I wonder that myself.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:31 AM

byebone is rad
Old 04-12-2011, 05:52 PM

Braid. U can wait for 30 days, but i had worse ban. I've been banned for 20 years. But i still don't understand what going on. Maybe it strange. If SSD is not going to unban u, then all u have to do is just to wait, cause u have ban for 1 month not for 20 years.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:20 PM

But i don't considere that my ban has to be that long. I just desagree.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorg View Post
Braid. U can wait for 30 days, but i had worse ban. I've been banned for 20 years. But i still don't understand what going on. Maybe it strange. If SSD is not going to unban u, then all u have to do is just to wait, cause u have ban for 1 month not for 20 years.
Oh, come on, it's fair enough to have a ban for 2-3 days, but 30 is totally mental, and having a 20 year life ban doesn't make any sense, after 20 you problably wont play Altitude more. Come on SSD, it's 30 days, imagine you being banned of 1 month just for sspectating twice.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:06 PM

I think ladder admins should be a tiny bit more lenient (in regards to month-long and greater bans) and try to stay away from permabans to avoid helping dwindle our quasi-competitive player base. Besides, it's not the end of the world to play a 4v4 or two and there's always custom_stoptournament if you everyone detests it that much. Of course, this is just my opinion and the admins can deal with rule breakers however harshly they feel appropriate.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 PM

I think what you guys are all missing is the fact that he has broken the rules 7 times and has yet to stop.

Think of any other application where you break the rules 7 times, weather it the law or your parents house rules (braid just imagine if you yelled back at your mom and told her you'd do it when u wanted to 7 times, shed be pissed and would probably ground you eh?) or anything like that. being a 7 time offender is going to give you a much harder consequence then the last thing you did might require purely because you have show you dont learn from 2-3day ban.

Maybe when he gets done with his 30days and starts to play again in ladder he will think back to that and be more careful about following ladder rules in the future.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 PM

So clap, u didnt understend any thing... I'd follow the rules but in some times this makes really hard. I really try to follow them... i hate to be banned!

And... weren't we talking about this ban? I mean: The ban is that long because its my 7th one, isn't it? We aren't talking about the other 6. We are talking about this one and, the ban could be higher if it would be the same that in other cases and this is not the case.

Oh, and i broke the rule for 10-15 secs.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgillis View Post
So clap, u didnt understend any thing... I'd follow the rules but in some times this makes really hard. I really try to follow them... i hate to be banned!

And... weren't we talking about this ban? I mean: The ban is that long because its my 7th one, isn't it? We aren't talking about the other 6. We are talking about this one and, the ban could be higher if it would be the same that in other cases and this is not the case.

Oh, and i broke the rule for 10-15 secs.
your right we are talking about this one, the 7TH. you just said it perfectly yourself.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:02 AM

ive posted about this ban since i think its decently iffy myself on admin site. can admins plz go check and comment what they have to say about it so that i can get back to brad?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:13 AM

Hey SSD, Draco called, he wants his laws back.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapon View Post
I think what you guys are all missing is the fact that he has broken the rules 7 times and has yet to stop.

Think of any other application where you break the rules 7 times, weather it the law or your parents house rules (braid just imagine if you yelled back at your mom and told her you'd do it when u wanted to 7 times, shed be pissed and would probably ground you eh?) or anything like that. being a 7 time offender is going to give you a much harder consequence then the last thing you did might require purely because you have show you dont learn from 2-3day ban.

Maybe when he gets done with his 30days and starts to play again in ladder he will think back to that and be more careful about following ladder rules in the future.
If that is so, then the right thing would be give him 1 week, not 1 month.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:29 AM

tips for you ppls:
Before you enter a ladder game, make sure you're time on the computer is uninterrupted for the next hour or 30 minutes.

If you still live at your parent's: tell them you can't leave for that period so they understand.

Go on mumble and say you're talking to a girlfriend on skype for all I care... :P
Old 04-13-2011, 04:38 PM

ino, i didnt leave. I just went to take my mobil and to help my mum for 10 secs, i repeat
Old 04-21-2011, 05:43 PM

ingbo, did u talk about it?
Old 04-23-2011, 07:23 AM

Default Dix

I didn't read this entire thread, but it looks like SSD is being a total dick. There should be a way check the power on douchey admins.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowwow View Post
I didn't read this entire thread, but it looks like SSD is being a total dick. There should be a way check the power on douchey admins.
utrlolololololololol
Old 04-23-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowwow View Post
There should be a way to bite ones tongue when one has nothing insightful or intelligent to add to a discussion.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:34 AM

.hahahaha.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
I think ladder admins should be a tiny bit more lenient (in regards to month-long and greater bans) and try to stay away from permabans to avoid helping dwindle our quasi-competitive player base.
This. The fact of the matter is the game doesn't have a very large player base to begin with. The group that plays "quasi-competitively" is even smaller. This needs to be kept in mind whenever long bans come into discussion. The more strict we are, the more likely it's going to end up shortening the lifespan of the game.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:14 AM

+ when players intentions are good, you can think what does heavy punishments change anything on a players behaviour. I really think this punishment is too harsh. You have the right to break up the game for a little while when something happens that you need to quickly handle imo (when the doorbell rings for example). The only thing he didn't do well is used the right procedure: type in chat that you will have to spectate for some seconds and then spectate. Whether or not this is his already his 7th ban, 30 days is too long for such a minor misunderstanding.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porpus View Post
The more strict we are, the more likely it's going to end up shortening the lifespan of the game.
True but then there has to be a happy medium found. Otherwise, if you are too leniant then you risk "shortening the lifespan of the game".
Old 04-23-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
+ when players intentions are good, you can think what does heavy punishments change anything on a players behaviour.
Maybe so, but I thot the punishment also prevented others doing similar. You often see people will drop multiple times per game. Rarely will a game happen anymore where everyone stays in it from start to finish - for whatever reason.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:25 PM

admins have discussed this and the issue has been resolved. Thanks for your input, but please keep it constructive in the future.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:30 PM

will u unban me or do the ban lower?
Old 04-23-2011, 07:18 PM

ohh yes, im unbanned. Ty for all the admins and people that posted here
Old 04-25-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
Hey SSD, Draco called, he wants his laws back.
I lol'd. History FTW. How about since he specced for 20 seconds or whatever, he has to be banned from ladder 20 seconds for every person playing when he specced? (jk, Hammurabi's Code)

And congrats braid, not that anyone cares what I have to say at this point (or ever) but I def. believe there's no way that should have been a 30-day ban.

Last edited by Dark_Sage; 04-25-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:54 AM

Did you just necro'd 2 threads?
Old 07-08-2011, 01:52 AM

.....wat....