Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:18 PM

Default Clan Ladder (Unofficial) Testing

Clan Ladder (Unofficial)

Currently Cybernaut has been developing the 'Clan Ladder' so that instead of an ordinary ladder, clans can see whose on top and whose doing what.

Server Information:
Clan Ladder #1 (Unofficial) 350 Max Ping

Clan Ladder #1 (Unofficial) No Max Ping
(For any Non-European Teams that might want to join in)

Server Passwords:
clan

Both European Servers/6v6/Ball Only

Score Information:

Win=3 Points
Loss=1 Point

[This is all relatively basic for now, there will be bonus points etc like so added on and other ways to score more; Hopefully Goal Differences will also be initiated and given.

Tournament:

Starts:
04 May 2011
Ends:
11 May 2011

There must be 2 clans, or either 1 Clan vs Randoms. [Randoms Later will not be allowed]
Basically, its an ordinary scrim, however your results are recorded in a table.
We don't know yet whether the idea will be furthered into the Proper Ladder table.
For now it will not be given in public but given at the end of the tournament.

Since there are no set fixtures we encourage clans to participate and register their entries here.
We will register your names on the server clan registry and then let the gaming begin.

REMEMBER, This is just a 'TEST' Ladder. We encourage ideas to be brought forward and any bugs that are present.

P.S
We are planning to use this type of script for when tournaments are being hosted. Right now its still in Beta phase so testing will commence.

Regards
Cybernaut & Paradigm

EDIT:

Clan Registration will end on 3rd/4th May,
We'll make exceptions but you'll lose out on this.
Please give us the clan name pattern, E.g. AH|
Or
FC.,LF: Etc

Last edited by Paradigm; 05-01-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:19 PM

Please post the times of availability of your clan. So that others may be able to comply.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:13 PM

Well this sounds...epic. I'm sure AH| will want in.

Availability will be posted later.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:14 PM

Yes!
At least one clan came forward,
I'm impatient but paranoid ;(

What we will try is to get some set fixtures.

Hopefully we can fish out the bad stuff and enable the good stuff for future tournaments.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 PM

IL will play. Do you want captain and a full register? We aren't a ball team but I feel bad that no one is signing up!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:26 PM

I feel this wouldn't work, since many teams don't usually have 5/6 players on at the same time. Even during league times, some TBD teams have trouble getting 5 people to show up.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:19 PM

nice one! i have been waiting for this a long time. If it becomes a apparent it is too tricky to register players over forums all the time, maybe an allocated member per clan whom is able to vote entries to create a clan in the server?! I think if people hear more about this and show to be willing to help improve it then there is no reason it wont be similar to the current ladder setup but clan version obvs.

nipnip
Old 05-03-2011, 01:41 AM

bumpiddy bump bumpschars
Old 05-04-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
I feel this wouldn't work, since many teams don't usually have 5/6 players on at the same time. Even during league times, some TBD teams have trouble getting 5 people to show up.
true. but if a clanladder were to be anything close to the current ladder we have going now its kind of an incentive to get people to come online an play. Plus new people to the game would have more incentive to enter into the competitive aspect of altitude. If people have the time and tools at their disposal to work on its worth a shot at least to learn the lesson that clan ladder is either a fail idea or surprisingly good idea.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:13 AM

Anyway I can help with this bad boy
Old 06-15-2011, 12:07 AM

Marvelous idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nipple View Post
true. but if a clanladder were to be anything close to the current ladder we have going now its kind of an incentive to get people to come online an play. Plus new people to the game would have more incentive to enter into the competitive aspect of altitude. If people have the time and tools at their disposal to work on its worth a shot at least to learn the lesson that clan ladder is either a fail idea or surprisingly good idea.
Exactly, it can encourage clans to get 5/6 or more members online at the same time. This on its own would seem stimulating.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:31 AM

Since it has been a while since this ladder has been announced and nothing has really come out of it, I'd like to offer my ideas on how to make people actually play on this more.

While I believe that the altitude community is a bit too small to have a clan ladder that will have as much activity as the current pick-up ladder, a clan ladder really should have a lot more activity than how much it has now (which I suspect, seeing as no one has discussed it at all, is zero activity). There are are two things that are holding this ladder back:

1. No results displayed anywhere. People play ladder because they want to know how good they are and to compare with other people. With no results, the ladder is simply no different than playing in a pub. Why bother registering your clan to play on this ladder when you can simply scrim elsewhere? You might as well just keep track of results on your clan thread manually.

2. No automatic clan registration or in-game tag recognition. In order to play in this ladder you have to come into this thread and tell them the tag, and you have no idea whether or not they actually added your tag to the database. Why not have a front end where clans can add their own tags? Or better yet, why not do away with the concept of tags in the first place and have clan leaders simply enter in a list of all the vaporids of their clan members? That way clan members don't always have to be wearing their tags at the time of playing the match.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:56 AM

I understand that this is in beta and that you likely simply wanted to get some data for testing purposes, but in its current state it really is unlikely that anyone would play in it. Fleshing out the features a little more (by adding the stuff I suggested above) would help you get more activity in the first place.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:14 PM

Actually there is a new clan ladder on its way out from the factory, I'm guessing the release date is 3-5 weeks from now, it depends on how easy we can avoid problems. The league is already up and running but are only playable by our operators and testers.

This ladder is automaticly and can communicate via the in-game chat with plenty of user-friendly commands. This is actually an addon to the altitude server which is coded with python and does already got a stable engine to expand from. We'll promise you some very addictive features!

Hold your eyes open for a upcoming thread (Starleague) in this section!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
Since it has been a while since this ladder has been announced and nothing has really come out of it, I'd like to offer my ideas on how to make people actually play on this more.

While I believe that the altitude community is a bit too small to have a clan ladder that will have as much activity as the current pick-up ladder, a clan ladder really should have a lot more activity than how much it has now (which I suspect, seeing as no one has discussed it at all, is zero activity). There are are two things that are holding this ladder back:

1. No results displayed anywhere. People play ladder because they want to know how good they are and to compare with other people. With no results, the ladder is simply no different than playing in a pub. Why bother registering your clan to play on this ladder when you can simply scrim elsewhere? You might as well just keep track of results on your clan thread manually.

2. No automatic clan registration or in-game tag recognition. In order to play in this ladder you have to come into this thread and tell them the tag, and you have no idea whether or not they actually added your tag to the database. Why not have a front end where clans can add their own tags? Or better yet, why not do away with the concept of tags in the first place and have clan leaders simply enter in a list of all the vaporids of their clan members? That way clan members don't always have to be wearing their tags at the time of playing the match.
I don't know if a system like ESEA can be implimented.

Have users register with their VaporIDs, and assign those IDs to groups.

Host has settings like, bo3, bo5, bo1.. Game mode, assign sub maybe.

Where people are ready, type ".ready" or something

then have the voting system where #'s refer to map they're representing ( i.e. #1. Cave, #2. Core)

Last edited by TRUEPAiN; 06-17-2011 at 07:44 AM.