Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:43 AM

Props to you for actually trying to get better then just arguing with some of the more experienced players, lots of use can be jerks if someone just comes into ladder and thinks they are the **** and never takes criticism. But im sure i can speak for most of us that if you do come to us politely and ask for help or pointers we WILL help with what we can. As all of us want the competitive scene to grow and the only way for that to happen is for the new players to get better. ^^
Old 06-29-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemp12 View Post
Much respect to Kuja for taking time to give me some pointers on how to properly play whale in ball. We had our differences in the past, but on a whim I reached out to him, and he didnt hesitate to share his wisdom. Thanks again Kuja!
I am really glad to see how new students are asking for tips and how the tutors deliver im happy this is working out so well and lets keep it goin
Old 06-29-2011, 05:00 PM

Default Remote whale

Hi, i would like to practice my remote whale in TBD as my goal is to reach 20k on whale

Thanks!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorg View Post
Hi, i would like to practice my remote whale in TBD as my goal is to reach 20k on whale

Thanks!!
So what do you need? Basic whale instruction? Do you just want to know how to kill a lot?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:26 PM

Well, i need both whale basic instruction and improve my killing as well!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:30 PM

Alright well when I am able to get online I will contact you in game and observe you then give you some tips . Right now my in-game name is Vesuvius
Old 07-22-2011, 06:16 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

Bumping this for new steam people to see!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

Well I know I'm not the best bomber you can find, but I'd still be glad to take on some new guy from Steam.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuyt View Post
Well I know I'm not the best bomber you can find, but I'd still be glad to take on some new guy from Steam.
Sure, since they are real new players i don't think they will go into strategy as much and if they need further explanation il be here.
thx for the help!
Old 07-22-2011, 04:51 PM

I'd like to help if theres someone from spain
Old 07-27-2011, 01:26 AM

Few things:

1. (Bump for new players who want to learn)

2. Maybe put this in clan organization, or make a new thread there to make it easier for said new players to find. Up to you mled.

3. If people think I'm qualified I'd be willing to help out with ball emp/acid. If not, it's no biggie just thought I'd pitch in.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sage View Post
Few things:

1. (Bump for new players who want to learn)

2. Maybe put this in clan organization, or make a new thread there to make it easier for said new players to find. Up to you mled.

3. If people think I'm qualified I'd be willing to help out with ball emp/acid. If not, it's no biggie just thought I'd pitch in.

I dont mind moving the thread is the forum admins dont mind.
thx for the help sage i will definite take it to account and if any players need an acid they can ask you since i will be quick bizy for a few weeks.

Message to all who wish to learn: Please PM me or the other tutors if u want to be taught!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:45 AM

Hi ,
I got the game last weekend and would like to learn how to play as bomber on TBD and ball modes.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff airlines View Post
Hi ,
I got the game last weekend and would like to learn how to play as bomber on TBD and ball modes.
1. Aim into choke points and hold f
2. ???
3. Profit
Old 07-28-2011, 11:38 AM

Send a message via MSN to VeRiTaS Send a message via Skype™ to VeRiTaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polio View Post
2. ???
3. Profit
proves you know nothing about playing bomber . . .
Old 07-28-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeRiTaS View Post
You know nothing about every plane, so it's ok.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekn0 View Post
Is this only TBD or ball?

In any case, I'd like some/any/all of the Top Randas in the game to see where I can improve with my randa in Ball. I'm not interested in TBD.

I play Trickster Turbo or UltraCap depending on the map.

Basically something like spectate me during a ladder game and suggest what I could've done better.

Thanks!
Same thing here about seeing the top Randa's play ball.

My Miranda Build (level 27):
Red: Trickster
Green: Heavy Armor
Blue: Ultracapacitor
Old 07-28-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
2. ???
3. Profit
Sure you can spam chock points and get a kill here and there but i can show you how to improve the amount of kills you get, and how to engage every enemy plane.
Go watch an average bomber to mine, we do the same thing but how come i get double the kills less deaths and always clear the way for my runner?
Old 07-28-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjagman View Post
Same thing here about seeing the top Randa's play ball.

My Miranda Build (level 27):
Red: Trickster
Green: Heavy Armor
Blue: Ultracapacitor
great we have a lot of amazing mirandas who will be glad to help you.
Message a player from the list of tutors and if the ball mirandas don't return your pm message me and il help you.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:01 PM

1. Can i join? i wanna learn miranda (pisses me off..) and more of the big planes such as bomber and explodet (or how ever it is called)..
2. Whats with the fighting on this thread
3. Ill be glad to tutor for loopy although i would love to learn tricks for any plane.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to VeRiTaS Send a message via Skype™ to VeRiTaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Vesuvius View Post
You know nothing about every plane, so it's ok.
Says Vesuvius
Old 07-29-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12sea21 View Post
1. Can i join? i wanna learn miranda (pisses me off..) and more of the big planes such as bomber and explodet (or how ever it is called)..
2. Whats with the fighting on this thread
3. Ill be glad to tutor for loopy although i would love to learn tricks for any plane.
1) I'm sure we can set you up with some tutors, what game mode are you looking for and which red perks specifically (i.e. thermo or remote, laser or TA)?

2) Welcome to the forums

3) We generally only let the most experienced players tutor, I think mled is limiting the group to a small size, to make sure that people are always getting the best possible help. This isn't to say you can't help out once you have some more experience under your belt.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
1) I'm sure we can set you up with some tutors, what game mode are you looking for and which red perks specifically (i.e. thermo or remote, laser or TA)?

2) Welcome to the forums

3) We generally only let the most experienced players tutor, I think mled is limiting the group to a small size, to make sure that people are always getting the best possible help. This isn't to say you can't help out once you have some more experience under your belt.
1. Cool... i am not sure about the perks since i am only really familiar with the pictures :P But for loopy its: Double fire, the strengthened hull and the faster recharge. On biplane i have strengthened hull, faster recharge (turbocharge?) and cant remember the red perk... gonna write back when i do.

2. Made me chuckle I actually haven't seen that kind of flamewars for a long time.

3. Ah.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeRiTaS View Post
Obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mled View Post
Sure you can spam chock points and get a kill here and there but i can show you how to improve the amount of kills you get, and how to engage every enemy plane.
Go watch an average bomber to mine, we do the same thing but how come i get double the kills less deaths and always clear the way for my runner?
I'm just saying that my steps will take you like 80% toward the skill cap for bomber, which is IMO the easiest to reach of all the planes.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12sea21 View Post
1. Cool... i am not sure about the perks since i am only really familiar with the pictures :P But for loopy its: Double fire, the strengthened hull and the faster recharge. On biplane i have strengthened hull, faster recharge (turbocharge?) and cant remember the red perk... gonna write back when i do.

2. Made me chuckle I actually haven't seen that kind of flamewars for a long time.
As I start point, I would read the guides section on these forums. This will give you an idea of what perk sets you should use. for instance, almost all competitive biplane players (and it is traditionally the least used plane) use flexi wings, to give them a better turning circle. HA and repair both have their benefits, but flexi is probably best to begin with.

I would also wait until you get to level 60 (I don't know how new you are, apologies if not) and have a good play around with all the red perks, before you get tuition in any particular one, this will help you get used to all aspects of the game and the guides should give you more than enough tips to get through.

The most used perks are:

Loopy - Duel Fire (70%), Acid (30%)
Bomber - Flak
Biplane - Heavy Cannon (60%), Recoiless (40%)
Explodet - Thermo (Ball), Remote (TBD)
Miranda - Laser (50%), Time Anchor (40%), Trickster (10%)

These are very rough estimates for competitive play, some perks are generally just bad (Dumb Bombs) whereas some are just underused (Trickster), but it gives you a general idea of what people play and a good place to start with each plane.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:07 AM

Quote:
I'm just saying that my steps will take you like 80%8% toward the skill cap for bomber, which is IMO the easiest to reach of all the planes. [insert im as good as mled here]
Back off pubstar. Your positioning with bomber is terrible, you can't lead anything to save your life, and you depend on easy kills to make yourself look good. Comparing yourself to mled like it's easy.... You've never worked for anything. Go back to playing whale in the corner because you can't defend with that too. I played with you in {ball} so lol.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Back off pubstar. Your positioning with bomber is terrible, you can't lead anything to save your life, and you depend on easy kills to make yourself look good. Comparing yourself to mled like it's easy.... You've never worked for anything. Go back to playing whale in the corner because you can't defend with that too. I played with you in {ball} so lol.
Tell me how you really feel.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Tell me how you really feel.
That you're trash.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
That you're trash.
I'm starting to think you don't like me.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:23 AM

Ok this is a tutor thread i want you guys to end it now plz.
and polio its just your opinion.

I have 1700 hours in this game and holly is an amazing ball/tbd bomber who leads his team to victories.

I will end by saying Bomber is easy to kill with 1v1 but you job is to spearhead a push and defend your base.

Now please stop talking like this here.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:32 AM

Quick {*T} success story. I was a 2500 ladder baller before my sessions with Kuja. After his training I shot up to 3000. Thanks tutor program!
Old 07-29-2011, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemp12 View Post
Quick {*T} success story. I was a 2500 ladder baller before my sessions with Kuja. After his training I shot up to 3000. Thanks tutor program!
I'm not part of the tutor program lol
Old 07-29-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
Uhh you can include me on list or not doesn't matter I was just advertising here. Demuyt and unbreak have msged me so far and I am working with them if you want to put them on as well, or not.

edit: In fact I'd rather not be put on there.
Just read this edit... ANYWAYS. We participated in the SPIRIT of the tutor program and I am grateful for your help. If mled had not created this program I would not have even thought to ask you for help.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:01 PM

is someone available for teaching me something about defensive explodet (thermo) ?
i would like to be an invalicable wall atm i have some skills about it, but i have to learn more
Old 10-02-2011, 05:29 PM

I would highly appreciate it if someone would teach me a bit about recoilless biplane, but I don't think you teach recoilless biplane, do you? If you do, I would highly appreciate it if someone could teach me about positioning the recoilless biplane. Thanks for reading this post, and possibly helping a newbie in need!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by (5) bot1998 View Post
I would highly appreciate it if someone would teach me a bit about recoilless biplane, but I don't think you teach recoilless biplane, do you? If you do, I would highly appreciate it if someone could teach me about positioning the recoilless biplane. Thanks for reading this post, and possibly helping a newbie in need!
Well I think even though Genesis plays HC he could help you out with recoilless, not sure if he's still active though.

If no one else volunteers, I guess I could give you some tips, but I'm definetly not the best you can find (I do have 20K kills primarily with recoilless though).
Old 10-02-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (5) bot1998 View Post
hello sir, I would be more then happy to give you some tips on the plane.
My in game name is either (mled) or (KLF.mled)
add me and just send me a pm for when ur free.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:08 AM

i would like it is some one would please help me with trickster miranda

Last edited by firebird; 10-05-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:33 AM

I've been playing DF loopy lately and I'd really appreciate some advice.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon View Post
I've been playing DF loopy lately and I'd really appreciate some advice.
Have you read eth's guide? Not a lot has changed since then.