Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:21 AM

Default Map Ideas & Suggestions

I'm sure there are a lot of you with great ideas, but without time or the know-how to actually make a map.

I think we are all in agreement that we need more maps.

So here's the deal. If you have an idea for a map, post it down here with the following details:

-----------------------------

1. Map name and theme.

2. A quick sketch of how you want the layout to look (use paint if needed ), or describe as best you can. (A picture would be a lot better, even if it's very basic.)

3. Any other details. (e.g. map dimensions, plane colours, moving backgrounds, any special features, etc)

-----------------------------

I'm not saying that I will make them (I might), or that anyone will. But at least your idea is here and could be used. And I'm sure that you'll be credited for the original idea (and possibly rewarded?)

(Any chance this could be sticky'd mods?)
Old 05-31-2011, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

I like this and wish I had more time to devote to mapmaking/learning to draw. Assuming it gets off the ground I'd be happy to sticky it.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:53 AM

Great idea, what makes this a really good idea. Is that (I'm pretty sure) people that want to make a map, don't know how to use the editor, and don't have the time, or don't want to put in the time to learn how to. So this way people can make maps/layouts and people that know how to use the editor and/or know how to make graphics, can finish the map. Again, great idea, I would be willing to finish some that I am interested in.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
suggestion: make a map that isn't awful
Please Explain whats bad about it.....
and a suggestion to how he can fix it
Old 05-31-2011, 04:22 AM

But please do so in the correct place. This is a thread for new positive ideas and suggestions. If you have an issue with one of my maps please post your opinions on that maps thread, otherwise troll somewhere else sunshineduck.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:20 AM

Default ball_shuriken

ball_shuriken
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/shurikenk.png/

yes i made it in paint and know that sharp points may be an issue, but thought i would give this a go

=Gee=
Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to JDR Send a message via Yahoo to JDR

A 10v10 ball map that has certain co-op elements.

-The map needs to be huge from left to right, it should take about a full 90 seconds for a ship to fly from one side to the other without interruption

-Spawn areas are only a little bit in front of the goals. Harsh penalty for dying on offense, and make scoring a pretty tedious task.

-The play area itself will be quite narrow, maybe no more than 6 whale-widths except for certain nodes where the map can widen (and other areas where the map can get even more narrow). Perhaps 5 total nodes: 1 in the center, and 2 on each side of the map along the way.

-Enemy turrets on your way to the middle to get the ball, and enemy turrets beyond that on your way to score the ball. Standard "co-op"-y behavior (emp, powerups, etc) can be used to overcome these.

-Once you reach a node on the map, you can take advantage of fast-spawning neutral health powerups and a limited supply of shields/walls.

-The area near the goals is verrrry wide open, pretty much the size of one half of ball_football, though you can throw in some more unfriendly turrets or whatever the **** you want. You can think of the spawn area as about where it would be on ball_football too, so yeah, you're very likely to score if people have just been flying at you and dying in a random/disorganized fashion as you approach that area.