Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:14 PM

Default New gameplay modes

I'd like to flesh out an idea for racing mode. Loopy would be the default plane. Perhaps a lighter option with more accel (a changed Miranda?) and a heavier option with less manouverability, but higher top speed (Bomber?). I would like it to be like Mario Kart with pickupable weapons - mine, stall missile, emp burst. As long as the right maps were in place it would be fun. Who doesn't like a tense dogfight with lots of manouvering around obstacles? It would be like that but different!

Here's a new one: Zombie Infection. Large map with a small number of structures to fly around in, mostly empty space. High numbers (e.g. >20) of players, and one player starts off as zombie. Zombie spawns in 'zombie area' at one corner of map, respawns instantly on death, has higher than normal HP. Zombie is slow, though (X Esplodet?). Job of Zombie is to pick off human stragglers. Dead humans become zombies, game is to see how long humans can last. How to perhaps make it so suicides can be fairly turned into zombies is to make it so dead humans leave behind an item until they respawn, if zombie gets that item human becomes zombie.
Job of humans is clearly to work as a team. Movement would have to be in some way forced so that humans didn't just 'human camp' in one defensible area as a group. Perhaps have a cloud of virus that follows humans so that they must keep moving as well.

I know the idea becomes pretty complicated at the end. Let's make it more complex - randomised maps would really suit this gameplay.

Finally, if this idea is possible and enjoyable and it does happen, I'd like to see a Halloween league. Fastest human-munching zombie wins!

Last edited by Rechtschaffen; 07-08-2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Title was 'gamplay'. Uh...